ADVERTISEMENT

Washington State just let their football coach go because

I don’t have a Facebook, I’m a grown up. Quote was from an article on nih.gov.
Dude, you cannot be serious. You are using an Op Ed piece as you definition source? Come on man, you can't be serious, this has to be a gag, right?
A medical doctor wrote it on the National Institute of Health website. Is his degree not as good as yours?

F no ... even though I'm vaccinated and will be getting a booster shot ASAP. Not my scene.
you know my thoughts on this. However even though I had the vid and have the antibodies I got the vaccine and I will line up for the booster. Cant figure out why its so difficult, just do it all

What's hilarious is he tried to get a religious exemption because he's supposedly Catholic and the Washington State Catholic Conference released a statement saying that COVID "vaccinations are morally permissible and will protect the faithful, loved ones, and the community."
It’s not funny.. obviously it was a last resort in order to not lose his job while avoiding putting a foreign substance in his body that he felt was unsafe

A medical doctor wrote it on the National Institute of Health website. Is his degree not as good as yours?
JFC, am I in the twilight zone here? IT'S AN OP ED PIECE. He wasn't asked to define vaccine, but he was making the case for MANDATED vaccination for all healthcare workers. Can you really not see the difference?

Reactions: Robicheaux
Why do you idiots always need to make threads political?

He refused to get vaccinated. I say “Good for him”
Screenshot-20211017-183502-Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Huff664
JFC, am I in the twilight zone here? IT'S AN OP ED PIECE. He wasn't asked to define vaccine, but he was making the case for MANDATED vaccination for all healthcare workers. Can you really not see the difference?
The World Health Organization thinks vaccinations are medical procedures too. Page 171 of the Vaccine Safety Basics Learning Manual. Once again, a bunch of rubes who do not have your command of medical terminology.
“Perception of risk varies strongly depending on the audience. Health experts do not view the risks associated with a medical procedure (such as vaccination) in the same way as members of the public. They understand risks in terms of numerical values and rates”

Mostly false. Washington governor Jay Inslee in August issued a vaccination mandate for all state employees. Is that law? Murky. Is it legally enforceable? Yes.

"In response to the emerging COVID-19 threat, the Governor declared a state of emergency on February 29, 2020, using his broad emergency authority under RCW 43.06. More specifically, under RCW 43.06.220, after a state of emergency has been declared, the Governor may suspend statutes and prohibit any activity that he believes should be prohibited to help preserve and maintain life, health, property or the public peace."
Great info to add to my understanding of the situation in WA. Regardless, I think all these "emergency powers" related to COVID need to be challenged. I believe the constitutionality of these mandates need to be hashed out to the fullest extent. Legislatures don't like to undo their own legislation. Executives don't readily give up their emergency powers. By what you quoted above, it appears WA would have to remain in a perpetual state of emergency for the mandate to be enforceable without subsequent legislation to make it permanent. Do we want/need to live in a perpetual "state of emergency" as declared by an elected official? Maybe the citizens of WA state want all that. Fine with me. They get to elect their own officials. I'm all for them having a constitutional way of making and enforcing all the random mandates they want in their state.

Reactions: cbmitche
The World Health Organization thinks vaccinations are medical procedures too. Page 171 of the Vaccine Safety Basics Learning Manual. Once again, a bunch of rubes who do not have your command of medical terminology.
“Perception of risk varies strongly depending on the audience. Health experts do not view the risks associated with a medical procedure (such as vaccination) in the same way as members of the public. They understand risks in terms of numerical values and rates”
You are literally just talking sh*t now. Page 171 of the Vaccine Safety Basics Learning Manual is not attempting to define vaccination. It's the answer portion of the assessment where the question (question 1 of assessment 6 to be clear) is asking about perception differences between medical professionals and the public. Is this what you do? Cherry pick half sentences from documents without context to fit your narrative?

Last edited:
You are literally just talking sh*t now. Page 171 of the Vaccine Safety Basics Learning Manual is not attempting to define vaccination. It's the answer portion of the assessment where the question (question 1 of assessment 6 to be clear) is asking about perception differences between medical professionals and the public. Is this what you do? Cherry pick half sentences from whatever document fits your narrative?
You have been shit talking the entire time. Your first reply to me was to white knight for Stump over me using the term “medical procedure”. You flouted your 20 years of experience to let everyone know you have a mastery of this subject. I just assumed it was a medical procedure because that’s a generic-assed term and vaccinations are medical. Since then, I’ve had to Google medical sites I don’t give a fvck about because you guys are hung up on me saying medical procedure. I have found that I’m not the only person in the world who called a vax a medical procedure, but you seem to still have a problem with it being called one. I don’t care. I should have just said “a shot or vaccine” originally. I had no idea I was opening up some big can of worms.

You have been shit talking the entire time. Your first reply to me was to white knight for Stump over me using the term “medical procedure”. You flouted your 20 years of experience to let everyone know you have a mastery of this subject. I just assumed it was a medical procedure because that’s a generic-assed term and vaccinations are medical. Since then, I’ve had to Google medical sites I don’t give a fvck about because you guys are hung up on me saying medical procedure. I have found that I’m not the only person in the world who called a vax a medical procedure, but you seem to still have a problem with it being called one. I don’t care. I should have just said “a shot or vaccine” originally. I had no idea I was opening up some big can of worms.
It would have been shorter to type "I was wrong. I'm sorry"

Is that why 99% of people in hospitals last month due to to the Delta(Darwin) variant were unvaccinated? Clueless.

Lol.... I love sweet irony.... you interested in any beachfront property?

It would have been shorter to type "I was wrong. I'm sorry"
If I was sorry, I would have.

Even Stumpfan said this thread is political. This is nothing more than a polarizing bitch session.
To be fair, 75% of the threads here are polarizing bitch sessions, this one just happens to be mostly political with a sports story driving it.

Not getting vaccinated is like playing roulette with 3 bullets. I don’t get it, but I will say that is my opinion based on the factual percentages. Not trying to start a political war
It is like playing Russian roulette. I got Covid and I have sarcoidosis. I was told that if I got Covid that I would be in the less likely to survive category. Scary as shit. I was also told that if I got the vaccine, I would have to have it in a hospital and be observed just in case I had a bad reaction to the shot because of my auto-immune. WTF do you do in this situation?

I got it, followed protocol religiously and got through it. I sure as hell am not gettig the vaccine now because of the same auto-immune issue and I have antibodies. But some on this board would say I am a dumb ass, or don't believe in science, or deserve to be fired, or hate children, or whatever.

This all or nothing mentality has to stop.

Yes, to say this is a sports story is complete bullshit and self-serving.
I was not agreeing with you. It was started as a discussion about a football coach and his decision. Every page has had discussions about said coach or his contract status or, and this was partially my fault, his career and year by year records while coaching. Was it really bothering you to have it on the Bunker?

Ok, I’m sorry that it hurt your feelings. I’ll move it in the hopes you feel better.

I was not agreeing with you. It was started as a discussion about a football coach and his decision. Every page has had discussions about said coach or his contract status or, and this was partially my fault, his career and year by year records while coaching. Was it really bothering you to have it on the Bunker?
Thanks for clarifying if you were agreeing with me. What is bothering me is that some topics are deemed "political" and others not. In this case, the moderator deemed this a sports story, which it isn't. It seems that some topics stay because the mods want them to stay regardless if they are a sports topic or not. Just want some consistency.

Hey Mr. Tate. Thanks for the passive aggressive response! I appreciate all that you do.
That was uncalled for. I've met Jay, he's a solid guy. Have I agreed with him all the time? Heck no, I didn't come on this message board for like 2 years because I got my ass on my shoulders about something I can't even recall now. But can you imagine what this man has to wade through will all of us idiots posting on this message board? That's what I meant in my original response. I would bet that around 75% of all threads dissolve into some bitch session about something political because that is the world we live in right now. And it is a sports story. A FOOTBALL coach lost his job. I doubt you would have your feathers all ruffled if an SEC coach did this and we all went on for 5 pages yelling at each other about vaccines, and in my case, the definition of a vaccine. I had to wade through some serious bullshit to shut some guy up about it being a "medical procedure." I mean, by his definition, me clipping my toe nails is probably a medical procedure...damn it, there I go again. But, I do think you owe Jay an apology.

That was uncalled for. I've met Jay, he's a solid guy. Have I agreed with him all the time? Heck no, I didn't come on this message board for like 2 years because I got my ass on my shoulders about something I can't even recall now. But can you imagine what this man has to wade through will all of us idiots posting on this message board? That's what I meant in my original response. I would bet that around 75% of all threads dissolve into some bitch session about something political because that is the world we live in right now. And it is a sports story. A FOOTBALL coach lost his job. I doubt you would have your feathers all ruffled if an SEC coach did this and we all went on for 5 pages yelling at each other about vaccines, and in my case, the definition of a vaccine. I had to wade through some serious bullshit to shut some guy up about it being a "medical procedure." I mean, by his definition, me clipping my toe nails is probably a medical procedure...damn it, there I go again. But, I do think you owe Jay an apology.
I do not owe Jay an apology. I did not create the Poreme (or whatever it was called board) or the Covid board for that matter. He created it for these types of posts. I didn't create the alternate boards, he did. If these boards aren't for these types of posts, then what are they for?

To respond to you specifically, yes I would get "my feathers ruffled" because it is the same bullshit. The same posters acting holier than everyone else, on both sides of the isle.

Hell, I'm so old I can't even remember what this placed was called when I joined and I hardly post, as you can see. Just tired of not calling both ways.

And, yes, he was passive aggressive, which I am fine with. I think he would agree.

I do not know why I chose to jump into this thread. It was a poor decision and I regret it. That being said, I'm in it now and I'm not a quitter. LFG
I decided years ago that I don’t need to argue with folks on the internet. I read this board and my decisions are confirmed. You’re not gonna win shit online. Auburn’s football team is RAPIDLY improving, and our folks are arguing this shit. SMH

Reactions: Jim in Scranton
I decided years ago that I don’t need to argue with folks on the internet. I read this board and my decisions are confirmed. You’re not gonna win shit online. Auburn’s football team is RAPIDLY improving, and our folks are arguing this shit. SMH
You aren't wrong at all. And I am very excited about the future of Auburn football.

I do not owe Jay an apology. I did not create the Poreme (or whatever it was called board) or the Covid board for that matter. He created it for these types of posts. I didn't create the alternate boards, he did. If these boards aren't for these types of posts, then what are they for?

To respond to you specifically, yes I would get "my feathers ruffled" because it is the same bullshit. The same posters acting holier than everyone else, on both sides of the isle.

Hell, I'm so old I can't even remember what this placed was called when I joined and I hardly post, as you can see. Just tired of not calling both ways.

And, yes, he was passive aggressive, which I am fine with. I think he would agree.
I think it has always been the Bunker. I remember when I first joined I had to get permission from a guy named JR to even be on the board and had to prove how I was associated with Auburn. That was in like 1998 or something though. Maybe earlier than that. I'm fairly certain I used dial up to first connect tho.

There are so many experts out there giving their opinions that one doesn't know what to believe. There are pros and cons to to taking the vaccine but I can remember when I went in the service I was not given the option of not taking shots and when I worked overseas if I didn't get the required shots I was not allowed to go. When the polio vaccine came out you were not given the option of not taking it. When the data shows that taking the virus vaccine gives me a 96% chance of not getting the virus then I'm going to take the shots! For those that refuse to take the shots what I don't agree with is you exposing other people to the virus and potentially causing their death or a prolonged sickness.
If the vaccine gives you a 96% chance of not getting the virus, then why are you worried about people being exposed? If you’re vaccinated you are apparently safe according to your 96% chance of not getting it. So you are basically saying the only people that the unvaccinated are endangering are the unvaccinated, who chose to be unvaccinated. I don’t understand the problem you have.

Reactions: Huff664

Agree to disagree I suppose.

Your term “medical procedure” was funny. It’s a Fvcking vaccine shot.

And just like clockwork, you come in mentally dull, and miss the salient point he made, over a technicality, (and ironically, he's right about the technicality too).

Good gosh is must be bad to get STOMP'ed out like that with such regularity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT