ADVERTISEMENT

Scary situation. Bronny James cardiac

How is it complete nonsense? I’m not saying you’re wrong I just am curious if you have stats to back up that claim.

Among teenage boys, the rate of myocarditis or pericarditis after infection was at least 50 cases per 100,000 people, compared to at least 22 cases per 100,000 after the second vaccine dose. The overall risk of heart conditions after Covid infection was up to 5.6 times higher compared to the second vaccine dose. The risk was up to 69 times higher after infection compared to the first shot.
The CDC examined the electronic health records of more than 15 million people ages 5 and older across 40 health-care systems from Jan. 2021 through Jan. 2022. Scientists studied the risk of developing a cardiac condition after a Covid infection compared to the first and second doses of Pfizer and Moderna’s vaccines. The study excluded booster doses from the comparison.

Overall, the risk of a heart issue after Covid infection was anywhere from 2 to 115 times higher compared to vaccination depending on age, gender and the dose administered.​

Nonsense?

The Penn State team conducted the largest study to date on the risk of developing myocarditis as a result of having the coronavirus vs. experiencing inflammation following COVID-19 vaccination. The researchers compared patients with COVID-19 — vaccinated and unvaccinated — to those without the virus. They found the risk of myocarditis was 15 times higher in COVID-19 patients, regardless of vaccination status, compared to individuals who did not contract the virus.

Next, the researchers separately compared the rates of myocarditis in those who received the vaccines to those in unvaccinated individuals. According to the findings, the rates of myocarditis in people who were vaccinated against COVID-19 were only twofold higher than in unvaccinated people.

Based on all the findings, the researchers concluded that the risk of myocarditis due to COVID-19 was seven times higher than the risk related to the vaccines.
Read your own link. I quoted the important part in my response to gatorz above.

Among teenage boys, the rate of myocarditis or pericarditis after infection was at least 50 cases per 100,000 people, compared to at least 22 cases per 100,000 after the second vaccine dose. The overall risk of heart conditions after Covid infection was up to 5.6 times higher compared to the second vaccine dose. The risk was up to 69 times higher after infection compared to the first shot.
The CDC examined the electronic health records of more than 15 million people ages 5 and older across 40 health-care systems from Jan. 2021 through Jan. 2022. Scientists studied the risk of developing a cardiac condition after a Covid infection compared to the first and second doses of Pfizer and Moderna’s vaccines. The study excluded booster doses from the comparison.

Overall, the risk of a heart issue after Covid infection was anywhere from 2 to 115 times higher compared to vaccination depending on age, gender and the dose administered.​

Combine this with the lack of kids who are getting these shots in 2023, it makes it even more silly that people are pointing to the vaccine.

Reactions: reddypm
Oh, well only one study. Maybe don't link studies that refute your point next time.

Your own studies describe covid-19 as the likely cause of the increase in heart attacks. Particularly the one discussing the 30% increase in the first 18-24 months of the pandemic when vaccines were not readily available, especially to young people, as we all know.

Combine this with the lack of kids who are getting these shots in 2023, it makes it even more silly that people are pointing to the vaccine.

People pick and choose what they want to believe. As shown in this thread by some. Even if you have 5 indicators of one outcome, they will take 1 that may tangentially support their prior beliefs and use it to overrule all of the other evidence. Dangerous thought process but here we are.

People pick and choose what they want to believe. As shown in this thread by some. Even if you have 5 indicators of one outcome, they will take 1 that may tangentially support their prior beliefs and use it to overrule all of the other evidence. Dangerous thought process but here we are.
Confirmation bias is crazy rampant when it comes to politics. Sad this is even political for some.

Your own studies describe covid-19 as the likely cause of the increase in heart attacks. Particularly the one discussing the 30% increase in the first 18-24 months of the pandemic when vaccines were not readily available, especially to young people, as we all know.
I never ever said COVID couldn't cause an increase in heart attacks. I don't know why it's happening, and I'm not going to sit here an blame the vaccine. But, it's an undeniable fact that an increase in heart attacks are happening, especially to young males.

I completely disagree that the risk of myocarditis is higher for young males from COVID than the vaccine. 10-100x higher is complete crap. For every study you find (and lololololol at the CDC one), I can find one that says the opposite. https://bmjmedicine.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000373.abstract?ct=

FoF_7ewaMAMr8FW

I never ever said COVID couldn't cause an increase in heart attacks. I don't know why it's happening, and I'm not going to sit here an blame the vaccine. But, it's an undeniable fact that an increase in heart attacks are happening, especially to young males.

I completely disagree that the risk of myocarditis is higher for young males from COVID than the vaccine. 10-100x higher is complete crap. For every study you find (and lololololol at the CDC one), I can find one that says the opposite. https://bmjmedicine.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000373.abstract?ct=

FoF_7ewaMAMr8FW

This study is to determine whether vaccine or no vaccine had better clinical outcomes.

"Among patients aged 12-39 years with no predisposing comorbidities, the relative risk of heart failure or death was markedly higher for myocarditis associated with covid-19 disease than for myocarditis associated with vaccination (relative risk 5.78, 1.84 to 18.20).
Conclusions Compared with myocarditis associated with covid-19 disease and conventional myocarditis, myocarditis after vaccination with SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccines was associated with better clinical outcomes within 90 days of admission to hospital."

You are posting your takes very confidently even though they aren't accurate and outright dismissing other information because you don't like the source material unless it fits your narrative. Very telling.

This study is to determine whether vaccine or no vaccine had better clinical outcomes.

"Among patients aged 12-39 years with no predisposing comorbidities, the relative risk of heart failure or death was markedly higher for myocarditis associated with covid-19 disease than for myocarditis associated with vaccination (relative risk 5.78, 1.84 to 18.20).
Conclusions Compared with myocarditis associated with covid-19 disease and conventional myocarditis, myocarditis after vaccination with SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccines was associated with better clinical outcomes within 90 days of admission to hospital."

You are posting your takes very confidently even though they aren't accurate and outright dismissing other information because you don't like the source material unless it fits your narrative. Very telling.
I don't have "takes". I can read and draw conclusions based on the evidence presented because I possess critical thinking skills. You claim I'm dismissing information because I don't like the source material, while you are actually dismissing something you sourced! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I attached a link to that study to see if you had the ability to read the results and come to the same conclusion as the the authors. Something seems off, does it not?

Bottom line: vax didn't stop someone from getting COVID. So therefore jabbing millions of young people only increased their risk of heart problems. We can go back an forth discussing vax and virus risks, but it doesn't change the fact that young people are suffering from more heart attacks than ever before and anyone that dares to question why is labeled a conspiracy theorist.

I worked in a hospital for a number of years and can never remember a time when a patient entered through the ER with a heart attack, was sent to ICU and was in a private room in less than 24 hours. That was especially true with celebrities and people with a substantial reputation.

Same. I knew about mine as a kid but it seems to have resolved itself some time ago (I'm 65 now)

Nonsense?

The Penn State team conducted the largest study to date on the risk of developing myocarditis as a result of having the coronavirus vs. experiencing inflammation following COVID-19 vaccination. The researchers compared patients with COVID-19 — vaccinated and unvaccinated — to those without the virus. They found the risk of myocarditis was 15 times higher in COVID-19 patients, regardless of vaccination status, compared to individuals who did not contract the virus.

Next, the researchers separately compared the rates of myocarditis in those who received the vaccines to those in unvaccinated individuals. According to the findings, the rates of myocarditis in people who were vaccinated against COVID-19 were only twofold higher than in unvaccinated people.

Based on all the findings, the researchers concluded that the risk of myocarditis due to COVID-19 was seven times higher than the risk related to the vaccines.
There are many studies that say the opposite too. Let's not pretend that the science is settled here. It probably never will be on this issue, kind of like climate change, because its too controversial and money flows on both sides. My Dad never had covid. Had a small heart murmur his entire life, which they said would heal itself also. 75, just had to have the main valve replaced, as it went from a small leak to a major gush due to heart inflammation, and it almost cost him his life, and now walking to the mailbox is a struggle. Heart was healthy as a horse and he could work circles around most. No one knows for sure what happened, but he dang sure wishes he could go back to 2021 and do some things differently.

There are many studies that say the opposite too. Let's not pretend that the science is settled here. It probably never will be on this issue, kind of like climate change, because its too controversial and money flows on both sides. My Dad never had covid. Had a small heart murmur his entire life, which they said would heal itself also. 75, just had to have the main valve replaced, as it went from a small leak to a major gush due to heart inflammation, and it almost cost him his life, and now walking to the mailbox is a struggle. Heart was healthy as a horse and he could work circles around most. No one knows for sure what happened, but he dang sure wishes he could go back to 2021 and do some things differently.
We don’t have to “pretend” the science is settled, because it is settled. Viruses can cause heart problems. So can mRNA vaccines. Those are facts. But, it’s rare in both cases.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Lol. Did bronny get vaccinated? Booster? Ever diagnosed with myocarditis? Ever get Covid?

The top cause of death to athletes in 22 was cardiac arrest. Same as 2019. 2018. 2005. You get the pic.

Confirmation bias is crazy rampant when it comes to politics. Sad this is even political for some.

What you've said is true, but I believe both of you would agree that it works both ways. Both for, and against the vaccine.

As I said earlier, the sad thing and real dilemma is whether we can trust the "studies" and data that we get on this topic. It's been proven that SO MUCH of what we were originally told, and which was presented in numerous "studies", was wrong. So much was intentionally spun and baked early on just to get people to take the vaccine.

So again, confirmation bias works in both directions, but can we trust the information that we are given?

Reactions: aubie2000
What you've said is true, but I believe both of you would agree that it works both ways. Both for, and against the vaccine.

As I said earlier, the sad thing and real dilemma is whether we can trust the "studies" and data that we get on this topic. It's been proven that SO MUCH of what we were originally told, and which was presented in numerous "studies", was wrong. So much was intentionally spun and baked early on just to get people to take the vaccine.

So again, confirmation bias works in both directions, but can we trust the information that we are given?
I don’t think I pointed to one side or the other, bud.

Just another run of the mill conspiracy theorist. Lol go hug a tree, lib.

I don’t think I pointed to one side or the other, bud.

But you did make the posts above, and it's been clear throughout the pandemic debates, where you lay when it comes to the partisan debaters on one polar side of the issue or the other as to whether any type of collusion, information hiding, misinformation etc., were occurring in regards to the vaccine.

I actively pointed out that both of your comments work BOTH ways, since neither of you did so, and it seems clear that you were only talking in regards to those who believe the vaccines might play a role.

• Haha
Reactions: gatorz1209
But you did make the posts above, and it's been clear throughout the pandemic debates, where you lay when it comes to the partisan debaters on one polar side of the issue or the other as to whether any type of collusion, information hiding, misinformation etc., were occurring in regards to the vaccine.

I actively pointed out that both of your comments work BOTH ways, since neither of you did so, and it seems clear that you were only talking in regards to those who believe the vaccines might play a role.
Lol if you can’t see the tongue in cheek in that post telling him to hug a tree, I can’t help you. I’m a Republican, so you can tell me how I’m being partisan to a political party again?

• Haha
Reactions: Jim in Scranton

The problem there reddy is

Due to what happened, (i.e. likely the largest and most comprehensive collusion in the history of mankind), most of the important truths associated with the vaccine have not, and likely will not ever be, documented properly/accurately. So here we are left chicken and egg'ing. Unfortunately, we've typically had to look to other countries such as Israel to get the most accurate data and the closest thing to true science on the topic.

There are very good reasons that Pfizer wanted to deep six all of the data and information on the vaccine for 75 years before it could be released to the public. There are reasons that even today, after FDA approval, everyone still has to sign away all of their rights in order to receive the vaccine, (i.e. no one is willing to put their money where their mouths are in regards to saying it's "100% safe and effective").

Bottom line, it is what it is, and many aspects of truth have been withheld from us, and lies have been told to us, in an on-going ruse intended to get as many as possible to take the vaccine.
Technically, they have been slowly releasing the data, including testing (or lack therof). Another big release of 50,000 pages last week, and it was truly remarkable.

• Haha
I’m not solely blaming the vaccine but the noticeable uptick in heart related conditions amongst high level athletes does raise a legitimate question.

IMO, the “Science is Settled” gang is just as crazy as the Anti-Vaxxers. Objective research is needed.
There it is! Wondering who would be the first. Not surprised.

No need for anyone in this thread to worry about vaccines or Covid or heart conditions, because WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE OF AIDS!

You super spreaders just can’t help yourself.

• Haha
Lol no you weren’t

What's wrong with you bro? Do you just like silly tit-tat arguing? My exact quote in the post earlier on this page was; "it's been clear throughout the pandemic debates, where you lay when it comes to the partisan debaters on one polar side of the issue or the other as to whether any type of collusion, information hiding, misinformation etc., were occurring in regards to the vaccine."

That leaves no doubt that I was talking about the two sides of the vaccine debate, and not politics in general. I even bolded that part in the original post HERE:, so are you just lying? It doesn't get any clearer than that.

• Haha
Lol. Did bronny get vaccinated? Booster? Ever diagnosed with myocarditis? Ever get Covid?

The top cause of death to athletes in 22 was cardiac arrest. Same as 2019. 2018. 2005. You get the pic.

It's been reported that Lebron and his entire family are fully vaccinated. There are no reports that he was ever diagnosed with myocarditis, or that he's had COVID.

Is it your opinion that there is no possibility at all that there is a link to the new mRNA vaccines and myocarditis in young men? That there is no possibility at all that the vaccine caused it? If not, why do you always go so far as to dismiss the possibility altogether and talk about every other potential cause??? The media is doing the same. Articles in Forbes and many other media outlets, talking about EVERY other possibility, in essence indicating that it couldn't have possibly had any links to the new vaccines.

Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US From December 2020 to August 2021

It's been reported that Lebron and his entire family are fully vaccinated. There are no reports that he was ever diagnosed with myocarditis, or that he's had COVID.

Is it your opinion that there is no possibility at all that there is a link to the new mRNA vaccines and myocarditis in young men? That there is no possibility at all that the vaccine caused it? If not, why do you always go so far as to dismiss the possibility altogether and talk about every other potential cause??? The media is doing the same. Articles in Forbes and many other media outlets, talking about EVERY other possibility, in essence indicating that it couldn't have possibly had any links to the new vaccines.

Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US From December 2020 to August 2021
If he was boosted recently, then it’s certainly a possibility. However, considering the lack of boosters being given these days, especially in healthy adults, it’s more likely he did not receive a booster anytime recently.

If he was boosted recently, then it’s certainly a possibility. However, considering the lack of boosters being given these days, especially in healthy adults, it’s more likely he did not receive a booster anytime recently.

I'm not debating at all, whether he was boosted recently. I think the point is whether there might be a link to the new vaccines in at all, and in any way. It doesn't have to be recent.

I'm not debating at all, whether he was boosted recently. I think the point is whether there might be a link to the new vaccines in at all, and in any way. It doesn't have to be recent.
But statistically, myocarditis appears most often within a month after vaccination, which is very relevant in this conversation.

Agreed. That is, IF we can believe the information that has been published by the authorities.
The authorities? What about medical journals and independent peer reviewed studies? Are those reliable?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT