ADVERTISEMENT

Scary situation. Bronny James cardiac

would that catch a hole the size of a grain of sand? I thought EKGs are just the to tell the rhythm
I had a heart murmur growing up and didn't know it till I was in my 20ies. Getting a check up and the doc told me, I don't hear your heart murmur anymore. Hole must have closed. Had no idea. My parents never told me. Mine was caused by a small tiny hole. Doc told my parents it would close over time and it did. Crazy stuff.

Reactions: JLEAGLE07
He's too busy going down like this...
giphy.gif

I had a heart murmur growing up and didn't know it till I was in my 20ies. Getting a check up and the doc told me, I don't hear your heart murmur anymore. Hole must have closed. Had no idea. My parents never told me. Mine was caused by a small tiny hole. Doc told my parents it would close over time and it did. Crazy stuff.
Dang. Thats nuts. Guess a murmur could tell them there is a hole. The heart is a crazy beast. So many tiny things can go wrong that are catastrophic. GLad yours closed up

Reactions: WarDamnEagle
This explains alot. I always had a feeling you weren’t right.

Dang. Thats nuts. Guess a murmur could tell them there is a hole. The heart is a crazy beast. So many tiny things can go wrong that are catastrophic. GLad yours closed up
Never affected me one bit. You can imagine the phone call to my mother after that doctor visit. (My dad had passed away) She was like, we didn't want you to worry. I was like WTF.

Same. I knew about mine as a kid but it seems to have resolved itself some time ago (I'm 65 now)

Scary. It’s crazy how many people have had this happen playing basketball with an undiagnosed heart condition.

Given the number of athletes who play B-ball, it isn't common at all. In addition, there are folks with undiagnosed heart problems playing all sports. No need to lie about it, (I'm guessing to try and explain away the recent uptick).

I wish medical professionals and other authorities would stop lying and suppressing data. Just do real science and try to determine the true root cause, whatever it turns out to be.

Had a friend back in 07 in Seventh Grade collapse at the free throw line and die on the spot. Had a hole in his heart the size of a grain of sand
Same thing happened to Jeff Lebos dad and one of his players. He came and spoke to our class while I was at AU and told this story.

Had a friend back in 07 in Seventh Grade collapse at the free throw line and die on the spot. Had a hole in his heart the size of a grain of sand
A kid on our football team running suicides in the gym during a winter workout dropped dead due to an unknown heart condition. I happened to be in the weight room, but many of my teammates had to watch their friend pass away.

• Sad
Reactions: gatorz1209
Given the number of athletes who play B-ball, it isn't common at all. In addition, there are folks with undiagnosed heart problems playing all sports. No need to lie about it, (I'm guessing to try and explain away the recent uptick).

I wish medical professionals and other authorities would stop lying and suppressing data. Just do real science and try to determine the true root cause, whatever it turns out to be.
While we may never be told what caused the issue, we will be told ad nauseum what absolutely, positively DID NOT cause the issue...whether it did or not.

A kid on our football team running suicides in the gym during a winter workout dropped dead due to an unknown heart condition. I happened to be in the weight room, but many of my teammates had to watch their friend pass away.
My wife and I went to a funeral Saturday for a 29 year old friend of ours who died in her sleep. No history of seizures or heart disease. Wasn't overweight. Just went to bed and didn't wake up. No drugs, no foul play, nothing. You just never know man.

Seems like we could make an echo and EKG a routine screen that has to be completed at time intervals in kid's lives if they are playing sports. Like do one before you start playing sports, then at ages 10, 15, and 20 going forward. I'm sure insurance companies are the problem though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT