ADVERTISEMENT

Question to the unvaccinated

Nope, that was nothing but a formality. The mid and long term studies regarding safety is lacking, obviously. I might consider the Novavax once it is approved. Until, then I'll keep guzzling my horse wormer and enjoying my gallops through the pasture!

No.

I had Covid in January and got the anti-body infusion. Since then, I've continued to produce anti-bodies and feel I would successfully fight off the virus again. I've also been taking a daily multi-vitamin for several years. Vitamin D and Zinc were prescribed to me when I had Covid and the vitamins I take have the maximum daily allowance of both. I feel that I'm already sufficiently protected against the virus.

Additionally, several years ago I stopped getting the Flu shot. Each time I took it in the past, I got terribly sick. This would cause me to miss work for several days and was generally a terrible experience. Since I stopped getting the flu shot, I haven't had the flu.

My objections to the shot never had anything to do with politics. If Trump were still in office, I would not be getting this shot. If my company comes out tomorrow and tells me they require the shot, then I'll likely get it. But for the reasons above, as long as I have the choice, I'll decline.

uFyQCvF.jpg

YOU’VE OFFICIALLY BEEN CITED FOR POSTING ON THE WRONG BORED. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ANY FURTHER INFRACTIONS OR RISK RECEIVING A ONE-WAY TICKET TO CHILE.

We got the vaccine. Originally weren't going to. Once they opened up to our age (mid-30's) group in May, we went ahead and checked that box. Not afraid of the virus. Not afraid of the vaccine. I think the hesitancy by those that I know that don't want to get it is because it seems forced. Like it shouldn't be a choice.

Reactions: tigers3014
No.

I had Covid in January and got the anti-body infusion. Since then, I've continued to produce anti-bodies and feel I would successfully fight off the virus again. I've also been taking a daily multi-vitamin for several years. Vitamin D and Zinc were prescribed to me when I had Covid and the vitamins I take have the maximum daily allowance of both. I feel that I'm already sufficiently protected against the virus.

Additionally, several years ago I stopped getting the Flu shot. Each time I took it in the past, I got terribly sick. This would cause me to miss work for several days and was generally a terrible experience. Since I stopped getting the flu shot, I haven't had the flu.

My objections to the shot never had anything to do with politics. If Trump were still in office, I would not be getting this shot. If my company comes out tomorrow and tells me they require the shot, then I'll likely get it. But for the reasons above, as long as I have the choice, I'll decline.
It’s fascinating how anti-vax posts are chock full of the word “I”, while pro-vaccine posts feature words like “we” and “others”.

Now that the FDA is approving the vaccines (Pfizer, Biotech) will you get the vaccine now? Just curious…

I likely won’t get it simply because I have had Covid twice. Also I typically have a bad reaction to vaccines (flu, small pox, polio, etc) when I had to get them for deployments back in the military. So that is some of the reasoning as well.

Also will say that the first time I had COVID it was bad but not terrible/requiring a hospital visit. The second time I didn’t know I had it except I could smell or taste. May have had it again but just didn’t have symptoms, I am around 50-60 people a day so I know I have been exposed again.

We got the vaccine. Originally weren't going to. Once they opened up to our age (mid-30's) group in May, we went ahead and checked that box. Not afraid of the virus. Not afraid of the vaccine. I think the hesitancy by those that I know that don't want to get it is because it seems forced. Like it shouldn't be a choice.

definitely a psychological aspect of people not wanting to be told what to do...there was a point where i was worried about gov't overreach with vaccine mandates too...but there is still no one being forced to do anything...but people still feel like they are being forced. it's strange. the vaccine mandate straw man.

It’s fascinating how anti-vax posts are chock full of the word “I”, while pro-vaccine posts feature words like “we” and “others”.
That's right David.

I cant make decisions for you. I'd never try to tell you how to live your life. I learned some time ago to only worry about things I can control. We each have to make the decision for ourselves.

Funny because the vaccine protects the individual. Never understood why people care what others are doing. If you have the shot your protected (supposedly). If you aren’t that’s on the individual.

People are too busy trying to tell others what they shouldn’t and should do yet prior to COVID the push was all about personal choice. Bottom line do what you think is right and let others do the same and not interfere.

No.

I would like to see more reporting and more studies on those who have had covid. I don't know about you, but I haven't seen a single delta variant story that started with man gets covid for a second time and dies. I have seen the Israel story that cited fewer than 1% of delta cases were from previously infected patients. While a bunch of those cases were from the vaccinated population.

For my part, full approval makes no difference in my calculations. I had covid. I still have anti-bodies, don't see the need for the vaccine. If I hadn't gotten covid, I would have been vaccinated just to be safe but I have yet to see a convincing case made for those who have had covid already also needing the vaccine. They suppose and speculate and surmise that it's useful but they don't have any citing evidence or studies that I am better off adding a vaccine to my current blood cocktail. For now, I'll wait. I'm curious why a previous covid positive test wouldn't count exactly the same way as a vaccine - can I just get a "I had covid" card?

No.

You are protected from serious Covid just like the early vaccinated unless you’re elderly or immunicompromised or both imo.

No.

You know that the same folks who establish those maximum daily allowances, are the same people who emphatically endorse the vaccination, even for people with antibodies?

Funny because the vaccine protects the individual. Never understood why people care what others are doing. If you have the shot your protected (supposedly). If you aren’t that’s on the individual.

People are too busy trying to tell others what they shouldn’t and should do yet prior to COVID the push was all about personal choice. Bottom line do what you think is right and let others do the same and not interfere.
I think a big reason others care what others are doing in terms of getting the shot is because, until we reach herd immunity, different mutations will continue to happen and we'll likely get one that is vaccine resistant sooner or later.

Imagine making a health decision because it “seems forced”.

👌

My decision does include others in mind. I'm retired and am the king of staying away from others

You have already had it. You’re in the vaccinated group more than the unvaccinated. Maybe they should call it the unprotected group (the unvaccinated).

Reactions: rampage41
Because the anti vaxxers said they didn't trust it since it wasn't FDA approved. In the least surprising twist in history, those same people now don't trust it because it IS approved.
Yep. This was the general tenor on my FB timeline:

"I'm not taking this vaccine! It's not FDA approved!"

*FDA grants full approval*

"Well, the FDA's gone liberal."

after a decade of looking at your bs, I gotta put you on ignore for good dude. you bring nothing to this site

Lol. You think it’s reasonable to make health decisions on whether it seems forced? I’m not sure what surprised.

Funny because the vaccine protects the individual.
No, it protects the individual and those around them. It makes it far less likely that you'll become infected and thus far less likely that you'll be a vector for the spread of the virus.

Now that the FDA is approving the vaccines (Pfizer, Biotech) will you get the vaccine now? Just curious…
Nope. I’ve had CoVid and have a recent Antibody test showing mine are off the charts. There is absolutely no scientific reason to get vaccinated if you have high levels of CoVid Antibodies from natural infection. And this is why other countries (not USA who just pushes vaccine with no long term studies and no treatment) issues Antibody Passport Cards.
Want to know if you’re really protected? Go get a CoVid Antibody Serology Test (IgG/IgM) and you’ll know. Pretty simple really. Doesn’t matter if you’re vaccinated OR think you’ve had CoVid if you have no Antibodies. Not sure why that’s so hard for even basic folks to understand.
Get tested and KNOW for sure where you stand. I’m sending all vaccinated patients who are being told they need a booster to find out for sure what they really need to do. WDE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT