ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn’t the cops in Atlanta call the guys next of kin to come get him?

Why would a police officer engage with anyone? I’d just ride around in a car and ignore the radio.
yep, they will only be allowed to use force if being shot at, even then they will be questioned, why didnt you leave the scene etc...Thank God for the 2nd!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Korn6
yep, they will only be allowed to use force if being shot at, even then they will be questioned, why didnt you leave the scene etc...Thank God for the 2nd!!!!!!!!
The constitution was a genius document then and now. The founders even knew times would change and the document was made to be amended.

Reactions: RhoadsAU
Who you gonna call? Ghost Busters
Call whoever the accused suggest. Make sure they are not impaired and let them take him home with his felony offenses. Does the drunk tank mean that much?

Reactions: Korn6

I think the main rule is not to shoot people in the back if they don’t have a gun.

probably the same reason they didn’t call my next of kin to get me when i was hauling down 15th street in tuscaloosa whilst breathing a .18 at the tender age of 19. ironically i was pulled over in the entrance of the university downs by wendy’s.

they took my worthless butt right to jail. i did not fight the cop however and complied with all orders.

Perp wasn’t using lethal force. COP chose lethal force when his life wasn’t in danger.

What if he uses the taser he took from the cop and uses it on the cop, takes his gun after stunned, and then shoots the cop.

Or what if he keeps running away, cops stop chasing, uses taser on another person to harm them?

What ifs all around

What if he uses the taser he took from the cop and uses it on the cop, takes his gun after stunned, and then shoots the cop.

Or what if he keeps running away, cops stop chasing, uses taser on another person to harm them?

What ifs all around
Lot of uncertainty in that statement. The certainty is a guy died at the hands of the American government with holes in his back. That should never happen.

I understand all of that but he was running away. He wasn’t standing ground and trying to attack.

It wasn't that cut and dry. He had attacked the cops, stolen his taser, and fired it at him.

This one has lots of hair on it and isn't some cut and dry case (on either side)

Reactions: Powerman26
Seems like the mission of “Protect and Serve” would have been fulfilled.
DUI, is DUI. Cops told me once, if I told the truth....they would let me get picked up by my parents. Only 20, blew a .03 with pennies(don’t work) they said say your ABCs. I said ABC-DUI. They tossed me against a car

I think the main rule is not to shoot people in the back if they don’t have a gun.
agree, they should have let him run free and arrested later. i am not sure any of us would know how we would respond in that situation with adrenaline, fear and training.

It wasn't that cut and dry. He had attacked the cops, stolen his taser, and fired it at him.

This one has lots of hair on it and isn't some cut and dry case (on either side)

I think a lot of posters would have a different opinion on the issue if the perp was a relative.

Lot of uncertainty in that statement. The certainty is a guy died at the hands of the American government with holes in his back. That should never happen.

I can think of several situations where it should happen.

Should it happened in this one? I don't think so, but I also don't think this was murder as there were way too many variables.

Stop trying to make this a cut and dry situation.

DUI, is DUI. Cops told me once, if I told the truth....they would let me get picked up by my parents. Only 20, blew a .003 with pennies(don’t work) they said say your ABCs. I said ABC-DUI. They tossed me against a car
So why not issue you a citation, order you to appear in court, impound your car and call your parents? If they won’t come get you, you go to the drunk tank.

I think a lot of posters would have a different opinion on the issue if the perp was a relative.

I would say the cop didn't murder my relative but wasn't sure that death had to be end the result (some fault on the cop and my relative).

I would wonder why my relative would fight the police while being arrested for DUI after the cops had been civil and calm while talking to him the entire time prior to attempted arrest. I would wonder why my relative thought it was a good idea to take the taser away from the cop and fire it back at the cop.

I would wonder why the cop couldn't just shoot my relative in the leg, to drop him to the ground.

So why not issue you a citation, order you to appear in court, impound your car and call your parents? If they won’t come get you, you go to the drunk tank.

I honestly can't tell if you are baiting people with a subtle troll or being serious

Such a stupid post. Don’t break the law. He made like 15 bad choices. Doesn’t mean he should have died. But Zero sympathy in this case. Nothing like the GF murder

Reactions: audeuce02
I would say the cop didn't murder my relative but wasn't sure that death had to be end the result (some fault on the cop and my relative).

I would wonder why my relative would fight the police while being arrested for DUI after the cops had been civil and calm while talking to him the entire time prior to attempted arrest. I would wonder why my relative thought it was a good idea to take the taser away from the cop and fire it back at the cop.

I would wonder why the cop couldn't just shoot my relative in the leg, to drop him to the ground.

While you wonder, you would be angry and justifiably so.

I can take one wonder away from you. Cops are taught to shoot center mass and hitting a moving target in the legs is very difficult.

I can take one wonder away from you. Cops are taught to shoot center mass and hitting a moving target in the legs is very difficult.

That's fine. But shouldnt be a requirement for every situation.

And the cop wasn't that far away from the person.

But again, I don't think this was murder or close to it. The cop just had the guy resist arrest and steal his taser.

Call whoever the accused suggest. Make sure they are not impaired and let them take him home with his felony offenses. Does the drunk tank mean that much?
Has no clue where he is. What makes you think he has a ride to the house. Do you think hang around till you get a taker. Been in this situation took my medicine like most rational people would.

Reactions: audeuce02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT