ADVERTISEMENT

TSA extends mask mandate again

Morons. I’m flying to Europe on the 25th, so I was really hoping I wouldn’t have to wear one
Just got back from Italy. Ridiculous that we have to have negative test 24 hours before coming back to our own country. Have to worry whole trip that you might test positive. And get this, all passengers on returning flight had tested negative but we still had to wear masks. Crazy

On one hand it's not that large of an imposition on the other hand the fact we don't require KN95s and let people wear cloth masks shows it's just a waste of time
It's been a waste of time for a very long time at this point. And it's a huge imposition on a long flight. My anxiety ramps up if I have to wear one for any extended period of time. Luckily I haven't had to in 18 months or more since we follow the science here. You are exactly correct that cloth and surgical masks are nothing but theater.

* I had to wear one once lately to go to the doctor. I'll stick with televisits until that nonsense ends.

Just got back from Italy. Ridiculous that we have to have negative test 24 hours before coming back to our own country. Have to worry whole trip that you might test positive. And get this, all passengers on returning flight had tested negative but we still had to wear masks. Crazy
Had the same thought flying back from UK last week. It's silly with the required COVID testing (although at this point both should go). We sweated the test too, especially after spending almost every day on crowded subways.

Virgin fed us so often that I barely wore the mask at all on the way home, but Delta was the mask police on the trip over. Funny to wear your mask all flight and then be told you could remove as soon as you touched the ground at Heathrow.

They have never suggested masks for a respiratory virus until now, because they do not work. It’s always been about compliance. There is a reason that the airlines have asked the administration repeatedly to drop the order. They know they’re doing nothing. If everyone just refused to wear one, there would be nothing they could do. I refuse to fly until they do. I’ve saved a lot of money staying home. I have never worn a mask during this entire fiasco. I’ve worked out in a crowded gym every single day without one for the last 2 years. I’ve been to crowded concerts, football games, movies etc. I’ve never had Covid. Now surely if masks were that important, I would surely have had Covid. And yes we got a PCR test every Monday at work. That’s how I know.

Last edited:
Wife and I are flying to Greece on the 6th. I fully expect to be masked up the whole flight from ATL to ATH. Gonna suck…

It's been a waste of time for a very long time at this point. And it's a huge imposition on a long flight. My anxiety ramps up if I have to wear one for any extended period of time. Luckily I haven't had to in 18 months or more since we follow the science here. You are exactly correct that cloth and surgical masks are nothing but theater.

* I had to wear one once lately to go to the doctor. I'll stick with televisits until that nonsense ends.
I've been lucky enough on international flights to be seated on rows by myself and no one says anything to me about the mask slipping below the nose...I have yet to run into Karen on a flight.

Reactions: PocketWatch
I don't wear masks in the airports. No one has ever said anything. On the airplane I have it below my nose and only a few flight attendants have told me to cover my nose. I flew Atlanta to Sarasota last weekend and the flight attendants didn't say anything.

I flew from Cape Town, SA to London to Atlanta today. Almost 30 hrs of masks and it sucked. Heathrow doesn’t require masks in the airport though so that was a nice break.

Friend of mine just spent 2 weeks traveling Europe. Was told beforehand he’d need all his vaccination cards, negative covid tests 24 hours before every flight, etc.

Had his covid tests checked at the airport one time. The Birmingham airport when he left.

Reactions: grizzlyadams16
I’ve flown probably six times since February. Other than going through TSA and actually on the plane, I haven’t worn a mask. No one has said a word to me. No one cares anymore and no one is enforcing it anymore.

Hell, at BNA there was a cop casually walking through the terminal without one. Not like off, but not even having one with him.

I don't wear masks in the airports. No one has ever said anything. On the airplane I have it below my nose and only a few flight attendants have told me to cover my nose. I flew Atlanta to Sarasota last weekend and the flight attendants didn't say anything.
Flew into and out of SRQ within last week, and mask compliance was maybe half/half in the terminal. Spring break travelers overwhelmed their car rental staff, so folks that waited an hour to pick up paperwork for their car reservations no doubt enjoyed breathing free sans mask.

They have never suggested masks for a respiratory virus until now, because they do not work. It’s always been about compliance. There is a reason that the airlines have asked the administration repeatedly to drop the order. They know they’re doing nothing. If everyone just refused to wear one, there would be nothing they could do. I refuse to fly until they do. I’ve saved a lot of money staying home. I have never worn a mask during this entire fiasco. I’ve worked out in a crowded gym every single day without one for the last 2 years. I’ve been to crowded concerts, football games, movies etc. I’ve never had Covid. Now surely if masks were that important, I would surely have had Covid. And yes we got a PCR test every Monday at work. That’s how I know.
Uh huh...

And to what end is this evil desire for compliance? What does the CDC/government gain from making all the sheep wear masks?

Uh huh...

And to what end is this evil desire for compliance? What does the CDC/government gain from making all the sheep wear masks?
Hmm, let me think hard on this one. We have a government agency full of liberals pandering to their bosses who are also liberals and a liberal president who gets to call the shots in the end. I am going to go with "votes". Yes I would say this is about votes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT