ADVERTISEMENT

THREAD HAS AIDS

Everyone should just live their lives. Arbitrary rules are arbitrary
1000% agree, the worst part of this is that athletes were being fined/suspended due to not following outdated protocols that the CDC just now changed way after "the science" has been known for months..amazing isn't it? Don't want this to turn into the 1 billionth COVID discussion, but the NCAA, NFL, NBA, etc need better leadership, period.

Last edited:
1000% agree, the worst part of this is that athletes were being fined/suspended due to not following outdated protocols that the CDC just mysteriously changed just now...amazing isn't it? Don't want this to turn into the 1 billionth COVID discussion, but the NCAA, NFL, NBA, etc need better leadership, period.

It's not mysterious why they changed it. Omicron is more virulent but less harmful. It's just a shame that they were slow to recognize and alter policy before people had to start canceling games. None of these organizations is built for speed; all are megaliths, slow to react or move.

THE SCIENCE changed.

lmao-crying-laughing.gif

1000% agree, the worst part of this is that athletes were being fined/suspended due to not following outdated protocols that the CDC just mysteriously changed just now...amazing isn't it? Don't want this to turn into the 1 billionth COVID discussion, but the NCAA, NFL, NBA, etc need better leadership, period.
No, we the people need better leadership, period.

Mysteriously changed upon the arrival of a wildly fast spreading less severe version of the virus...

Hmmmm

• Haha
Reactions: Jim in Scranton
Mysteriously changed upon the arrival of a wildly fast spreading less severe version of the virus...

Hmmmm
Yes
CDC DIRECTOR: “We anticipated this because we knew that omicron had this capacity to increase at this rate.”

Mysterious was the wrong word to use, but dammit they were slow as hell in making these changes known way in advance as per the CDC director. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE...

No, we the people need better leadership, period.
If only we had the twitter idiot back, right? the one that called the disease that killed millions of people fake, right up until it almost killed him. 😂

If only we had the twitter idiot back, right? the one that called the disease that killed millions of people fake, right up until it almost killed him. 😂

but but... "there is no Federal solution"... remember?

If only we held elected officials responsible...

It's not mysterious why they changed it. Omicron is more virulent but less harmful. It's just a shame that they were slow to recognize and alter policy before people had to start canceling games. None of these organizations is built for speed; all are megaliths, slow to react or move.
More "virulent" means more harmful. The correct statement is "Omicron is more transmissible but less harmful (or less virulent)"

Reactions: DFY04
Honestly, we should just move on. Everyone be smart and make decisions for your self. I also don’t understand why Walkons can’t play in these games. They get their asses kicked everyday with zero pay off. Let the boys play damn it.

Putting genies back in bottles is quite difficult. The response should be variant specific and should be able to change accordingly. It should also be state/region specific and not one size fits all. If there is an outbreak in the Pacific Northwest then Orlando should not be under the same rules at that time. If delta would’ve come along before vaccinations, then the death toll would’ve been exponentially higher.

I agree that omicron seems to be less severe than the previous two dominant variants regarding hospitalizations/severe illness and guidance should reflect that however what if the next dominant variant is a mix of delta and omicron (meaning more severe illness/hospitalizations with the ability to evade vaccines)? Will the tolerance of Americans be there for stricter controls/regulations in the face of a true threat again to hospitals being overrun? I doubt it as that there was a conscious ignorance of what happened in some areas with delta.

Wtf are you talking about?

It was aids the second your dumb ass posted it.

It's ok tho man, you can pretend whatever ya want.
I was discussing how the affect sports/COVID protocols, like a jackass/turd, you couldn't help but bring politics into this, even though the current POTUS has handled COVID WAY worse than the previous POTUS. Ok, I'm done, send this shit off to the AIDS board it's ruined.

You’ll have to show me when he called the virus “fake”. Or are you just making it up?

If they would change the name from Omicron to Sniffles we could get on with life uninterrupted

I was discussing how the affect sports/COVID protocols, like a jackass/turd, you couldn't help but bring politics into this, even though the current POTUS has handled COVID WAY worse than the previous POTUS. Ok, I'm done, send this shit off to the AIDS board it's ruined.
Thank your boy that was bringing up leadership,simple one.

I'm sorry for making fun of y'all.

So we’re now complaining when the CDC relaxes guidelines? What do you people want?

One side wants the guidelines to stay in place so they can pretend they're morally superior to ones who don't follow the guidelines, and the other side wants the guidelines to stay in place so they can show how much they hate the government by disobeying the guidelines

You’ll have to show me when he called the virus “fake”. Or are you just making it up?

not sure he called it fake per se but these were some of his words in Jan. 2020

“It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

1000% agree, the worst part of this is that athletes were being fined/suspended due to not following outdated protocols that the CDC just now changed way after "the science" has been known for months..amazing isn't it? Don't want this to turn into the 1 billionth COVID discussion, but the NCAA, NFL, NBA, etc need better leadership, period.
It’s the entire administrative state that likes making rules and decisions for others to follow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT