ADVERTISEMENT

This is what your "peaceful" protesting is teaching teens

Racism is fake news

Racism is real and exists in America, but true racism is very rare. The demand for racism far exceeds the supply and thus we are left with people grasping at anything remotely non-PC and latching onto it as "racism".

I feel like we are in a weird moment in history where people actively WANT bad things to be true. "Everyone's racist", "Coronavirus is going to kill the whole world"... I'm an optimist and it hurts my soul to see people constantly looking on the bleak side of every issue. Let's have some hope!

hard to argue that some of the actions we have seen on the news is possibly making some teens think this is the way when you become upset

we just had some teens arrested here in Montgomery that were busting windows out of cars like it was a hobby...they each got 60 counts...made me wonder what their motivation was...almost seemed like they were just trying to cause mass destruction instead of actually stealing stuff.
I saw the headline. They weren’t taking anything? Thus, they literally did it as a hobby?

This is the follow-up story. Slap on the wrist for most except the 2 kids who threw the pumpkins and some 19 year old who was also there. This was 6 years ago so hard to find more follow up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wreg.com/news/teens-in-kroger-attack-sentenced/amp/
Sounds like they needed to be raised not rehabilitated.

Also, one of the kids being sent to something like juvi outed himself as susceptible to being a snitch. Doubt that will play well.

Worth quoting part of it:

“Bridgett Stigger is the lead prosecutor in this case. She says they took the plea deals in this case very seriously.

"General Weirich and I wanted to make sure that the children who had no prior context that this didn't mean it was the end of their lives," she said.

Most of the kids had clean records. In fact, one of them was the valedictorian of her eighth-grade class.

Two of the boys still have a long way to go. They're the ones seen throwing pumpkins on the Kroger employee's head and kicking him. The judge has ordered them to treatment with the Department of Child Services.

Stigger said, "It's somewhat similar to a detention facility, but it's in a different part of the state. They will be there for as long as it takes for them to be rehabilitated. They are the master of their fate."

But Self says they shouldn't be the only ones going.

"It was a lot more people than just us
. I feel like they shouldn't be the only one taken away from their mother," he said.

The victims say if he knows more kids who didn't get charged, he should turn them in.

Self said he plans to take advantage of the mentoring programs being offered by the court.

"Get around with the mentors, and all that. I feel like it will keep me out of trouble, and off the streets," he said.“

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT