ADVERTISEMENT

This is what your "peaceful" protesting is teaching teens

What about that stupid game where you dropped the quarters in hoping that it would push them all over the edge, and you'd have like 5 bucks (in quarters)? This is probably where my love of gambling game from.

I went to Gulf Shores with a family that lost at least $100 on that machine at one of those tourist shops. We'd leave the beach and forget about dinner plans to go there. My parents sent me with maybe $20 which I dutifully spent on a shark-tooth necklace.

I went to Gulf Shores with a family that lost at least $100 on that machine at one of those tourist shops. We'd leave the beach and forget about dinner plans to go there. My parents sent me with maybe $20 which I dutifully spent on a shark-tooth necklace.

You got hosed man. Those weren't authentic shark teeth.

hard to argue that some of the actions we have seen on the news is possibly making some teens think this is the way when you become upset

we just had some teens arrested here in Montgomery that were busting windows out of cars like it was a hobby...they each got 60 counts...made me wonder what their motivation was...almost seemed like they were just trying to cause mass destruction instead of actually stealing stuff.

Reactions: eagle91
shouldnt-standing-there.gif

Reactions: BeatBama60
Teenagers in Memphis are all about this type of thing. Tried to kill some Kroger employees and a customer a few years ago while playing a game called "point them out, knock them out". This happened while I was living there and the video is crazy.

https://www.policeone.com/juvenile-...s-storm-tenn-store-attack-3-wBfFvJNMGPehBz0O/
Did they arrest those involved in this? What came of the incident? Having never visited Memphis, I've previously thought that @Tigercatch might have an overly negative opinion of the city. This video has me wondering if maybe he is onto something.

Did they arrest those involved in this? What came of the incident? Having never visited Memphis, I've previously thought that @Tigercatch might have an overly negative opinion of the city. This video has me wondering if maybe he is onto something.
When I worked for Coke, they stationed me there for a year. It was horrible. Memphis makes Birmingham look like San Diego.

This is the follow-up story. Slap on the wrist for most except the 2 kids who threw the pumpkins and some 19 year old who was also there. This was 6 years ago so hard to find more follow up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wreg.com/news/teens-in-kroger-attack-sentenced/amp/

Reactions: Big Blue
When I worked for Coke, they stationed me there for a year. It was horrible. Memphis makes Birmingham look like San Diego.

I lived there for 4 years while in Pharmacy school. The infrastructure, crime, and politics are about as shitty as you'll find. It is rough and you have to constantly be on alert, BUT there is great food and fun to be had. I'll definitely go back to visit and enjoy looking over my shoulder while I inhale that damn good barbecue!

Edit: but I'll never live there again.

Reactions: Tigercatch
It reminds me of Prichard. Mile after mile after mile of Prichard.

Reactions: Big Blue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT