ADVERTISEMENT

The show "Blackish" just turned off 60% of America**

While I agree it's a show and jokes people are tired of bashing our new POTUS. Get behind him or STFU and stop trying to divide this country even more than it already is.

I'm doing that. And, unlike most Republicans, I did the same for Obama. I always hope our current president does a great job. I pull for them. But Republicans saying this are hypocrites.

Reactions: AU-USCGrad
So if you can't beat 'em at being whiny babies, then join them? What?
No, Matt. Not join them. Instead, quit putting up with their PC bulls%#t. Screw Hollywood. Screw the liberal media. Screw what the Democrat party has become.

People are sick of it. Hence, the Trump win.

Reactions: AUSigmaNu
all in the family has been used many times by the left as an example of bigotry.

that's exactly what the country did 8 years ago.

To your first comment, Rob Reiner wouldn't have been on a racist show. It was political and they touched on social issues which included racial issues at the time.

To your second comment, you've got to be fvcking kidding me. Nobody is dumb enough to believe that.

I shouldn't have commented in this thread. Back to the sports board and the game! WDE!

To your first comment, Rob Reiner wouldn't have been on a racist show. It was political and they touched on social issues which included racial issues at the time.

To your second comment, you've got to be fvcking kidding me. Nobody is dumb enough to believe that.

I shouldn't have commented in this thread. Back to the sports board and the game! WDE!
i didn't say it was racist. i said the left has used it as an example of bigotry. which they have.

as far as the second comment. the media has coddled obama from day 1 and has never held him accountable which is why the democrats have lost ground in every election since 2008 that didn't have the name obama on the top of the ticket.

Classic Archie Bunker quotes (not racist, political... just ask @wcw3au1 )

Reactions: AUSigmaNu
Wonder if Hollywood would make a show called whiteish and make demeaning and sarcastic puns about Obama?? Oh wait that would be racist
The double standard in this country is at an all time high. It's considered "cool" "funny" and "hip" to make racist statements, but only if it's directed at white people. Our millennials have been brainwashed by this racist culture set by Hollywood.

You're right, you shouldn't have.

Reactions: wcw3au1
Sounds like Trump supporters need safe spaces so they don't get their whittle feelings hurt.

Both the right and the left are full of people who can't take a joke and would rather silence people than hear dissent. It is ridiculous. What babies.
Lol. Sounds like ur bitter about the results of the election. Cheer up little Matty, Trump isn't going to hurt you. It's all going to be ok.

Reactions: Russ47
No, Matt. Not join them. Instead, quit putting up with their PC bulls%#t. Screw Hollywood. Screw the liberal media. Screw what the Democrat party has become.

People are sick of it. Hence, the Trump win.

Not sure what else you call it, but seems to me that you've decided to join them by also having think skin and not being able to take a joke.

Explain the difference.

Lol. Sounds like ur bitter about the results of the election. Cheer up little Matty, Trump isn't going to hurt you. It's all going to be ok.

I was always going to be disappointed on election night. Was really happy to see Hillary lose, and I'll support Donald Trump and hope for the best. I always hope the President does a great job, because I'm an American and that's eht Americans should do. Not many Republicans did that for Obama and not many Dems will do it for Donald.

But Republicans (and Donald) are becoming just as thin skinned, sensitive and and as whiny as Democrats. Every joke is offensive to them and they want to stifle criticism. It is silly. Deny it if you want, but it is plain to any objective observer.

It's not racist. Kind of a modern day All in the Family. But the main family is black instead of white.

Nah bruh, it's racist. You just don't see it because the colors are reversed and society hasn't conditioned you to understand racism isn't restricted to whites against blacks.

Please tell me how a TV show is suppressing a minority based on their race. Is it somehow disenfranchising them? Is it taking away economic opportunities from them? It sounds like a fictional characters on a TV show have you rustled as fvck. Perhaps you need a safe space so yore worldviews aren't challenged by people who are different from you.

I didn't say it rustles me or others me, but it has racist views in it. I'm not going to go back through episodes to prove my point, but you can get defensive about my opinion if you want. Perhaps, you need the safe space with your problem that my opinion of the show differs from yours. I don't get caught up in the racist mess, nor do I let it rustle me. I can understand how I feel and my view on things without being told by mass media or TV shows.

Nah bruh, it's racist. You just don't see it because the colors are reversed and society hasn't conditioned you to understand racism isn't restricted to whites against blacks.

Appreciate you explaining to me why I feel that way. WDE dude!

Please tell me how a TV show is suppressing a minority based on their race. Is it somehow disenfranchising them? Is it taking away economic opportunities from them? It sounds like a fictional characters on a TV show have you rustled as fvck. Perhaps you need a safe space so yore worldviews aren't challenged by people who are different from you.
You don't seem to know what the words "racist" and "racism" mean. Nevertheless, I enjoy the show and don't find it the least bit racist.

You don't seem to know what the words "racist" and "racism" mean. Nevertheless, I enjoy the show and don't find it the least bit racist.
I understand perfectly what they mean. My post was sarcasm directed at someone who felt like white people were being oppressed by a TV show. By definition,racism is perpetrated by the majority race on the minority. It can be any race on any other race, but the key is power.

i didn't say it was racist. i said the left has used it as an example of bigotry. which they have.

as far as the second comment. the media has coddled obama from day 1 and has never held him accountable which is why the democrats have lost ground in every election since 2008 that didn't have the name obama on the top of the ticket.

Classic Archie Bunker quotes (not racist, political... just ask @wcw3au1 )
I understand perfectly what they mean. My post was sarcasm directed at someone who felt like white people were being oppressed by a TV show. By definition,racism is perpetrated by the majority race on the minority. It can be any race on any other race, but the key is power.
Racism has nothing to do with power. Not a damn thing. The only people who try to redefine that way are people who want to excuse racist acts or views of those alleged to be in the minority group.

Racism has nothing to do with power. Not a damn thing. The only people who try to redefine that way are people who want to excuse racist acts or views of those alleged to be in the minority group.
No, when a minority perpetrates discrimination based on race, it's bigotry. Language means something, and a lot of people like to conflate words, because they don't understand the origins and true meanings. I don't mean that as a knock on you, I just take words very seriously. You can tell a lot about people by the words they choose.

No, when a minority perpetrates discrimination based on race, it's bigotry. Language means something, and a lot of people like to conflate words, because they don't understand the origins and true meanings. I don't mean that as a knock on you, I just take words very seriously. You can tell a lot about people by the words they choose.
You'd make George Orwell proud by the way you redefine words to fit your agenda.

I love the show, and the heart in which they choose to use that platform. Everything that comes on the tube isn't for everyone anyway. I don't go watch shows that have all white cast and bash them, I just don't watch the ones that aren't to my liking. OP you just need to keep it moving, easy fix

Reactions: Thrill
It's well written, acted, and it comes from a realistic base. It's fair in how it portrays people of different races and backgrounds in a baffoonish manner.

Reactions: CLO1080

I agree, and for that matter, Carroll O'Connor wouldn't have either. Carroll was a very different person than Archie. If I remember right, he at first didn't want to continue through with the show because he found Archie so racist, and then realized it was more of a comic political commentary of the times, and people were understanding that. I've never heard of any 'left' people say it was racist, but then again I don't follow news sources that site 'alternative facts'.

I agree, and for that matter, Carroll O'Connor wouldn't have either. Carroll was a very different person than Archie. If I remember right, he at first didn't want to continue through with the show because he found Archie so racist, and then realized it was more of a comic political commentary of the times, and people were understanding that. I've never heard of any 'left' people say it was racist, but then again I don't follow news sources that site 'alternative facts'.
Carroll O'Connor was a huge liberal, as was the rest of the cast, creators, and writers of All in the Family.

Reactions: AU-USCGrad
The double standard in this country is at an all time high. It's considered "cool" "funny" and "hip" to make racist statements, but only if it's directed at white people. Our millennials have been brainwashed by this racist culture set by Hollywood.

The democratic party is rooted in identity politics right now. Praise minorities who they view as a potential voting block for them, while throwing the white, Christian majority under the bus.

I love it. The more they trot Madonna and Ashley Judd out their to champion their beliefs, the more they are ensuring that Trump is a two-term President.

The left is literally destroying itself and I think it's glorious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT