ADVERTISEMENT

So I got my second Moderna shot a couple of hours ago…

Those numbers are interesting and encouraging. Johns Hopkins did a recent study (I think it was on participants in Minnesota) that had significantly lower prevention rates for delta infection for Pfizer. Either way, the effectiveness vs hospitalization and death is what counts since most everybody is going to get delta eventually either way.

They are all over the board but the bad ones s what gets passed around. NY has a graph showing no drop at all vs hospitalization since early May. Once everybody gets delta or the vaccine, cases won’t matter as not many will die or be hospitalized. That may take a year though.

Reactions: Big Blue
What can expect over the next 24 hours or so? First shot was a sore arm the next day and that was it. I have heard everything from just a sore arm all the way up to 3 days of feeling like I got to flu and hit by a truck. I have not gotten Covid up to this point as far as I know. I don’t know if that factors in to this equation or not. Just wondering what others have experienced with this vaccine. Thanks
I grew a tail. And now I speak fluent Mandarin.

What can expect over the next 24 hours or so? First shot was a sore arm the next day and that was it. I have heard everything from just a sore arm all the way up to 3 days of feeling like I got to flu and hit by a truck. I have not gotten Covid up to this point as far as I know. I don’t know if that factors in to this equation or not. Just wondering what others have experienced with this vaccine. Thanks
An immediate sense of superiority and condescension towards those who haven’t been vaccinated.

Reactions: BIGAUBURN
He gone.

I had 24 hours of flu like symptoms, and two fats of soreness from my neck to my wrist on the side I got the shot, I will state that I got Pfizer though.

Reactions: auburnbrave
Moderna. Only effect was shot 2. Ran a fever within a few hours of getting the shot that lasted about three hours. Fever broke and I played golf the next day. No mo.

i had about the same for both shots, really just some tenderness in the arm. I planned a day of mostly rest just in case, but really was fine, and no other symptoms.

I’m debating having my second show.
My PCP is in Huntsville hospital right now. He’d been fully vaccinated. No one knows. My brother had Covid. Got vaccinated. Got Covid again. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Get the shot, it will boost your immunity, and that will let your body fight the virus much better.

as far as your brother, anyone who gets the shot is likely to also get the virus, that is normal. To lessen that, you have to socially distance, and mask while in public. You will still likely get it if you are out often, or for prolonged periods of time, in crowds, or around heavily infected individuals.

as far as your dr, he is exposed often for prolonged periods of time. So the cumulative effect can equal a heavy dose infection. Depending on his age and health issues, his immune system can still struggle with the virus, even if vaccinated. Precaution beyond vax is needed.

And the original vac needs a boost about 4-8 months out from 2nd shot, depending on age and health.

replenishing immune system, and limiting exposure are the two keys. Get the 2nd shot, and then take precautions to avoid exposure.

Last edited:
I had zero side effects from my first Moderna shot. Also, had zero side effects from the second shot for the first 72 hrs. However, after 72 hrs, I got really sick for about half a day. After that I was fine and have been since. Knock on wood that it keeps doing it job, but I have been to 8 concerts over the last few weeks, and while numerous people I was with or around (a couple of them were vaccinated but most were not) caught COVID, me and my fiance have both remained COVID free.

** This is in no way trying to start anything political, just simply stating my experience with the vaccine thus far.

this is probably the biggest misconception of the vax. That if you are vaxed, that you can resume activities with no risk of infection. Letting their guard down, they become exposed, and infected.

Most get mild symptoms due to Vax, but some get severe symptoms if the immune system can’t fight off the infection.

a heavy dose infection can overwhelm a weak immune system, and it can come on fast too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick Pearce
Maybe a sore arm. A walk in the park.

Sore arm for first Moderna shot. Second shot caused significant symptoms. Started feeling low energy at 12 hours. Fever, chills and body ache started at 18 hours and lasted for the next 36 hours. Started feeling better about three days after the second shot.

I got my third Moderna shot on Monday. Had a slight headache on Tuesday. It affects everyone differently though.
What are exact qualifications for 3rd shot? I don’t think I officially qualify yet.

What are exact qualifications for 3rd shot? I don’t think I officially qualify yet.

It’s for immunocompromised people. It’s basically a continuation of the first series because immunocompromised people didn’t have an adequate immune response to the first two shots per a study. I qualified because I’m on an immunosuppressant. I think I have to get a 4th shot in December.

Reactions: stutsman23 and yy4u
Sore arm after the first one and body aches and general I’ll feeling after the second. Not bad enough to go home from work but i clearly didn’t feel good. Woke up the next morning at 0430 and felt fine and went deer hunting.

It’s for immunocompromised people. It’s basically a continuation of the first series because immunocompromised people didn’t have an adequate immune response to the first two shots per a study. I qualified because I’m on an immunosuppressant. I think I have to get a 4th shot in December.
I wish some of these unvaccinated people could follow your lead. Good job.

I had a little bit of a headache that night, but nothing really. My wife had some fever that night, but again that was it.

Go ahead and mark your calendar to get another injection about every (8) months or so from now until... Also, get ready for your immune system to be reduced to other viruses, bacterial and viral, and other things your immune system is created to do. Hope all works well for you.

• Haha
Reactions: stutsman23
Go ahead and mark your calendar to get another injection about every (8) months or so from now until... Also, get ready for your immune system to be reduced to other viruses, bacterial and viral, and other things your immune system is created to do. Hope all works well for you.

Lol. No.

What can expect over the next 24 hours or so? First shot was a sore arm the next day and that was it. I have heard everything from just a sore arm all the way up to 3 days of feeling like I got to flu and hit by a truck. I have not gotten Covid up to this point as far as I know. I don’t know if that factors in to this equation or not. Just wondering what others have experienced with this vaccine. Than
What can expect over the next 24 hours or so? First shot was a sore arm the next day and that was it. I have heard everything from just a sore arm all the way up to 3 days of feeling like I got to flu and hit by a truck. I have not gotten Covid up to this point as far as I know. I don’t know if that factors in to this equation or not. Just wondering what others have experienced with this vaccine. Th
Everyone is different but I had Moderna back in March. Had no problems other than a mild sore arm after first shot. And that was over the next day. So for me is was a walk in the park.

But again I’ve seen people run fever and feel like they have the flu. Hope you have a positive experience

No symptoms. Went to the gym the next morning and used a thunderbolt massager on my arm to work out the soreness.

Magnet does stick to my arm though.

• Haha
Reactions: DFY04
Keep a eye out on your heart.

Better look out for that as it occurs .001% of the time due to the COVID vaccine.

However, you still have a higher chance (still way lower than 1%) of getting myocarditis from bacteria or viral infections along with a multitude of other reasons.

We all better start worrying about the fluoride in our water system. It may help clean the water, but what is it really doing......?

Reactions: cookedw
I got the J&J back in March. The only negative symptom was that I woke up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and chills. I managed to fall asleep again and when I woke up I was as normal as I was before the shot. My son got the Moderna and got sick as hell with both shots. My wife got Moderna and had no issues with it at all. ITT people need to understand that the vaccines don't prevent you from getting COVID, it just keeps you away from the ICU when you do get it.

Reactions: DFY04
A couple of questions: Did you get your shots from your physician or from a pharmacy? Did they contact you about the 3rd shot? Just wondering what the procedure is for getting the booster.

A couple of questions: Did you get your shots from your physician or from a pharmacy? Did they contact you about the 3rd shot? Just wondering what the procedure is for getting the booster.

I went to Publix. It wasn’t the booster though. It was a continuation of the first series for immunocompromised people. Boosters don’t start until 9/20 and you’re supposed to wait 8 months after your second shot.

Reactions: jlawjr
I got my second last Saturday. I felt awful on Sunday. I had headaches and a fever medication just barely managed. I used several ice rags. The good news is on Monday most of that had gone away just leaving you with a little bit of a wiped out feeling. Tuesday more back to normal.

We are now over 200 million with at least one shot. Let’s get to 250 in 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT