ADVERTISEMENT

So I got my second Moderna shot a couple of hours ago…

auburnbrave

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2014
What can expect over the next 24 hours or so? First shot was a sore arm the next day and that was it. I have heard everything from just a sore arm all the way up to 3 days of feeling like I got to flu and hit by a truck. I have not gotten Covid up to this point as far as I know. I don’t know if that factors in to this equation or not. Just wondering what others have experienced with this vaccine. Thanks

What can expect over the next 24 hours or so? First shot was a sore arm the next day and that was it. I have heard everything from just a sore arm all the way up to 3 days of feeling like I got to flu and hit by a truck. I have not gotten Covid up to this point as far as I know. I don’t know if that factors in to this equation or not. Just wondering what others have experienced with this vaccine. Thanks

I had Pfizer way back and didn’t even get a sore arm from either shot. My younger sister and mother also got Pfizer and neither had a single symptom either. I’m thinking bloodline/genetics has a lot to do with how the response is without question

I had low-grade fever about 24 hours after the 2nd shot but it was over a couple hours later with no further issues.

I was terribly sick for one day with aching pain, nausea and weakness. I got off work, took a half of a Lorcet, 2 klonopin and drank a Bloody Mary just to try to sleep through the night. My arm, where the shot was given, literally hurt like I just had surgery on it.

The second day, I was just very weak. The third day, I was about 90%. Day 4, pretty much back to normal. Today, is day 4 post-second Moderna shot for me.

I had about 12-18 hours of feeling a little "off." No real fever, though.

Shivered all night, felt awful.
Got up, went fishing next morning, felt good.

Reactions: auburnbrave
I had zero side effects from my first Moderna shot. Also, had zero side effects from the second shot for the first 72 hrs. However, after 72 hrs, I got really sick for about half a day. After that I was fine and have been since. Knock on wood that it keeps doing it job, but I have been to 8 concerts over the last few weeks, and while numerous people I was with or around (a couple of them were vaccinated but most were not) caught COVID, me and my fiance have both remained COVID free.

** This is in no way trying to start anything political, just simply stating my experience with the vaccine thus far.

I’m debating having my second show.
My PCP is in Huntsville hospital right now. He’d been fully vaccinated. No one knows. My brother had Covid. Got vaccinated. Got Covid again. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Stuff is sooooo unpredictable. Friend got fully vaccinated, got Covid and now is debating hospitalization. I told him not to debate, but go.

My arm was sore. That was about it. Even if you get the worst of the symptoms, seems like you should be fine after a day or so... Good luck bruh

good luck man, i don't know anyone who took the 2nd moderna shot and survived

Super powers

I was super ****in sick from about 12hr - 60 hr after my Moderna shot. It was nuts.

I’m debating having my second show.
My PCP is in Huntsville hospital right now. He’d been fully vaccinated. No one knows. My brother had Covid. Got vaccinated. Got Covid again. 🤷🏻‍♂️
That’s impossible according to the corona bros on here. It makes us all safe.

• Angry
Reactions: RocketTiger

388de066555900e3c1d6b06a57971d37_w200.gif

I was terribly sick for one day with aching pain, nausea and weakness. I got off work, took a half of a Lorcet, 2 klonopin and drank a Bloody Mary just to try to sleep through the night. My arm, where the shot was given, literally hurt like I just had surgery on it.

The second day, I was just very weak. The third day, I was about 90%. Day 4, pretty much back to normal. Today, is day 4 post-second Moderna shot for me.

Dang Bro! You have the good stuff. I am sure you were feeling straight after all that!

Reactions: BudS7342
Sore arm.

The first shot was a sore arm. The 2nd shot was a sore arm, and about 12-18 hrs after the shot, I started having mild flu-like symptoms. Mostly achy joints and just feeling exhausted. I slept for about 4 hours and was good to go.

Those numbers are interesting and encouraging. Johns Hopkins did a recent study (I think it was on participants in Minnesota) that had significantly lower prevention rates for delta infection for Pfizer. Either way, the effectiveness vs hospitalization and death is what counts since most everybody is going to get delta eventually either way.

Like others have said, it depends on the person. I hydrated like crazy the day before and the day of with water, gatorade, and Pedialyte. Only had a slight headache, some fatigue, and muscle soreness.

had a headache for 2 days. That was is.

It kicked my butt for a day (flu like symptoms) and then i was fine.

Most people I know felt like crap starting around 12 hours or so after the shot and lasting for 12-18 hours after. Then it goes away like nothing happened. Once that crap feeling kicks in, just take a Tylenol or two to ease the symptoms and you'll be fine.

Just got stuck with second dose of Pfizer. I’m already checking myself in at UAB while I wait 15 minutes.

Hit by truck- only one day.

Needed a two hour nap after Moderna juice #2, but that was about it.

It impacts everyone differently.

Drink pedialyte ya nincompoop.

• Haha
Reactions: Russ47
ADVERTISEMENT