ADVERTISEMENT

SEC contribution to BLM

well we have a thread full of white people threatening to quit auburn sports for what he feels is supporting black lives...he's probably a little mad...i agree with you though

@tigers3014 do you think I'm part of the KKK for not supporting Black Lives Matter (TM) as a non-profit that Auburn should be in business with?

There you go. Bring out the buzz word. Call everybody a racist because we disagree with you. BLM believes that ALL whites should undergo re-education. That’s racist. BLM believes that irregardless of ideals and actions, that white people are subconsciously oppressing blacks. That’s racist. It’s painting with a broad brush and assuming something about people based on their race. BLM is a racist, anti white organization.

did you know "irregardless" is a double negative?

This is absolutely bizarre. What are you battling inside? Who here is for the things you're saying they are for?

The KKK is a horrible remnant of our past. You're trying to make people into things they aren't just because they're not on board with a political org you apparently stan for.
I'll say it again, if you really care to know what BLM is all about do your research. Have some face to face discussions with your black friends and try to understand how all of this affects them. Wait...do you have any black friends? I'll be your friend and if you really want to talk, let's meet.

Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct
I'll say it again, if you really care to know what BLM is all about do your research. Have some face to face discussions with your black friends and try to understand how all of this affects them. Wait...do you have any black friends? I'll be your friend and if you really want to talk, let's meet.

@Derock_61 you be you man. Personally, I don't think that every black person in America is beholden to a single 501c3 like you're implying. I'm willing to bet that 100% of my black friends have never once interacted with Black Lives Matter (TM) even though we all agree that black lives matter.

Have good one. Black lives matter. Down with the KKK (or whatever it is I'm supposedly involved in).

Reactions: tigers3014
Took your advise and discovered BLM doesn't give their money to the DNC, they give it to a Democratic activist group called ACTBLUE, who in turn gives it to the Democratic candidates.

"When they tap the donate button on the Black Lives Matter website, they're directed to a web address with ActBlue in it.

Then, they open up another website, which tracks money in politics, to see where ActBlue sends its money.

From there, they highlight what appear to be multi-million dollar contributions to people like Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden.

The video has since been shared and watched millions of times."

It sucks when you realize that what you thought you knew wasn't true at all.

Again, none of this is surprising.

i've found like a dozen articles bebunking that video.

Reactions: Derock_61
So what is ActBlue?

"Powering Democratic candidates, committees, parties,
organizations, and c4s around the country."

Go to BlackLivesMatter.com, click Donate, then you're taken to

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ms_blm_homepage_2019
I'm pretty sure BLM is just using actblue as a fundraising platform/provider kind of like how gofundme is used as a platform for that. I assume that the money actually goes to BLM. I could be wrong. Here is some possible info...

https://support.actblue.com/donors/about-actblue/does-actblue-choose-who-it-supports/

I's sorry massah. I's keeps quiet from nows on.
Would respond to you, but unfortunately have grown numb to people that can't coherently explain their argument, are so angry just bc everyone on TV is angry, and you explain how they're wrong and they call you a racist bc that's all they know to say. That mentality is a lot more damaging to our country and even BLM in its purest sense (not the political arm) than any rogue racist cop that doesn't represent 99% of LEO.

I'm pretty sure BLM is just using actblue as a fundraising platform/provider kind of like how gofundme is used as a platform for that. I assume that the money actually goes to BLM. I could be wrong. Here is some possible info...

https://support.actblue.com/donors/about-actblue/does-actblue-choose-who-it-supports/

act blue has been around for 16 years. if they were stealing money from causes to give to candidates i doubt the platform would still be getting used.

I believe i said that earlier in the thread. I know what ActBlue is and how they work. The money is not funneled its highly regulated that way.

Disclaimer: I do not believe BLM is funneling money to DCCC, DNC, or DSC. That is a conspiracy.

I'm not sure why I keep getting stuck with these explainers.

Reactions: Derock_61
Reactions: Big Blue
I believe i said that earlier in the thread. I know what ActBlue is and how they work. The money is not funneled its highly regulated that way.

Disclaimer: I do not believe BLM is funneling money to DCCC, DNC, or DSC. That is a conspiracy.

I'm not sure why I keep getting stuck with these explainers.

multiple posters with similar thoughts as you ITT have taken that conspiracy as gospel b/c 1 poster said he heard it...i'm not calling anyone racist but that's a pretty damn big jump to conclusions if you aren't biased in some way.

also, one of your posts seemed to infer you agreed with the conspiracy. thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks Blue but you're wasting your time with some of these ignorant haters.
I wouldn't just write everybody off so quickly, bruh. And I think you would be doing us all a favor by easing back on some of that KKK talk too. For some white folks that ain't perceived a whole lot differently than how some black folks would perceive somebody throwing around the n-word. Just because somebody doesn't like BLM doesn't mean they don't love black folks. Doesn't mean they do either, but either way it doesn't make em klansmen. I can understand getting upset about some of the BS, but that is not helping anybody, IMO.

also, one of your posts seemed to infer you agreed with the conspiracy. thanks for clearing that up.

I'm fairly informed about the groups I'm talking about because they post everything that you need to know about them on their websites.

Would respond to you, but unfortunately have grown numb to people that can't coherently explain their argument, are so angry just bc everyone on TV is angry, and you explain how they're wrong and they call you a racist bc that's all they know to say. That mentality is a lot more damaging to our country and even BLM in its purest sense (not the political arm) than any rogue racist cop that doesn't represent 99% of LEO.
Listen Justin, are you here to debate or try to understand why BLM is important in changing laws to ensure respect and equal treatment for ALL Americans? You're part of the problem because you don't care enough to listen to issues of black people in this country. People like you try to spin the narrative and spread fear, hatred and division on issues we should all be united on which is basic human rights for justice and equal treatment. Why does BLM threaten you?

i'd be willing to be you have zero clue if they do or don't do any of these things.

hopefully you would be ok with a contribution to a cause that does indeed do those thing you listed.
You're right I don't know have a clue if they do or do not do these things I mentioned. You know why? Because it doesn't mention it on their website. So I guess they let Act Blue distribute the money.

I wouldn't just write everybody off so quickly, bruh. And I think you would be doing us all a favor by easing back on some of that KKK talk too. For some white folks that ain't perceived a whole lot differently than how some black folks would perceive somebody throwing around the n-word. Just because somebody doesn't like BLM doesn't mean they don't love black folks. Doesn't mean they do either, but either way it doesn't make em klansmen. I can understand getting upset about some of the BS, but that is not helping anybody, IMO.

@Big Blue bringing some fresh air into the thread

100%

Listen Justin, are you here to debate or try to understand why BLM is important in changing laws to ensure respect and equal treatment for ALL Americans? You're part of the problem because you don't care enough to listen to issues of black people in this country. People like you try to spin the narrative and spread fear, hatred and division on issues we should all be united on which is basic human rights for justice and equal treatment. Why does BLM threaten you?
BLM doesn't threaten me. People using that phrase as justification for everything that's happening around the country threatens everyone.

BLM is for respect and equity for All Americans and also for the disruption of the Western-prescribed nuclear family. wtf ok that makes sense

You're right I don't know have a clue if they do or do not do these things I mentioned. You know why? Because it doesn't mention it on their website. So I guess they let Act Blue distribute the money.
That is correct, they do. However, that doesn't mean it goes to a Political party just because its heavily associated with political parties as the middle man. Matter of fact if the BLM donations it did, they would lose their Tax-exempt status.

“When you donate on an ActBlue or ActBlue charities page, the donation is earmarked for the group listed on the form. We pass along the contribution directly to the receiving campaign or entity. We do not choose the recipient of the contribution, the donor does.”

I have a lot of respect for you Blue. We don't always agree but you're one of my Bunker buddies. I personally have no issues with anyone using the n-word because I believe in 100% freedom of speech. The word doesn't bother me because I don't identify with it. Likewise if you don't identify with the KKK it shouldn't bother you. If you truly love black folks and care about them, why try to tarnish an organization that supports their interests? How many white folks have taken the time to really "listen" to black folks and how they feel about BLM? I have lived with racism, injustice and police abuse my entire life. I was angry when Rodney King got severely beaten and 4 police officers were acquitted of any crimes. Terrified when they found Michael Donald hanging from a tree in my hometown. Watched repeatedly over the years where black people were unnecessarily killed for reasons that don't make sense only to see the killer set free in a court of law. Meanwhile, black people after being sent to prison most of their life are being released after evidence proved their innocence. Black people are targeted suspects of crimes by the police, we're targeted by hate groups, we're viewed as second class citizens in a country that we built, we're at a disadvantage in almost every meaningful statistic used to assess quality of life. BLM is moving this country forward to needed, positive change that mostly benefits black people but most importantly it makes America a better place to live for all. How does that hurt white America? I probably shouldn't say white folks because most white folks are in fact supportive of BLM. it's just the small minority of white folks that are still not on board because they either racist, ignorant or just don't give a damn.

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...ves-matter-go-to-lsquodemocrat-super-pacrsquo

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-lives-matter-network-establishes-12m-grant-fund/

Took your advise and discovered BLM doesn't give their money to the DNC, they give it to a Democratic activist group called ACTBLUE, who in turn gives it to the Democratic candidates.

"When they tap the donate button on the Black Lives Matter website, they're directed to a web address with ActBlue in it.

Then, they open up another website, which tracks money in politics, to see where ActBlue sends its money.

From there, they highlight what appear to be multi-million dollar contributions to people like Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden.

The video has since been shared and watched millions of times."

It sucks when you realize that what you thought you knew wasn't true at all.

Again, none of this is surprising.
This might shed some more light on the subject of where the funds go.

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...ves-matter-go-to-lsquodemocrat-super-pacrsquo

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-lives-matter-network-establishes-12m-grant-fund/

Reactions: StatsMatter
ADVERTISEMENT