ADVERTISEMENT

SEC contribution to BLM

Henrytd20

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2007
Tennessee
I am friends with someone that works in another schools AD program. He told me that all 14 SEC Athletic programs are going to announce a financial contribution to BLM.

I am not sure how non-profit organizations can make those contributions to a political entity, however, this is very concerning.

I am friends with someone that works in another schools AD program. He told me that all 14 SEC Athletic programs are going to announce a financial contribution to BLM.

I am not sure how non-profit organizations can make those contributions to a political entity, however, this is very concerning.
Thay probly shood do dis. Itz the bezt football konfrentz in the kuntry and 98.784 perzzent of the playaz are black.

I would be very surprised if we did this.

I would love to hear why anyone would support that racist organization.
Because not everyone sees it as a racist organization. And if you want to hear why, then simply look at the news. If anyone on this board owns a Ford or GM, they are supporting the BLM, Nike, and numerous other companies I assume this board uses on the daily also donating and supporting others. Matter of fact, GM is shutting down for 8mins and 46s tomorrow to support juneteenth, and the BLM movement and the death of GF.

I listened to a report that said the money donated to BLM ends up at the DNC and then used for Biden.

Evidently none of the donated money helps racial injustice at all.

I don’t think this is surprising.
Really now? That would be very interesting........

Good for them.

BLM is a nonprofit human services organization, not a political entity.

Reactions: tigers3014
I listened to a report that said the money donated to BLM ends up at the DNC and then used for Biden.

Kind of. BLM uses the same fundraising tool that other progressive "non-profits" and Democrats use.

So when you go to donate to them on their website, you are sent through something called ActBlue, which is a tool Democrat politicians and progressive groups use to fundraise small dollar donors.

Good for them.

You believed that?

Like most "charities" I am sure a lot of the money goes to executive salaries as well.

Reactions: StatsMatter
Thay probly shood do dis. Itz the bezt football konfrentz in the kuntry and 98.784 perzzent of the playaz are black.
Surely it would make sense if that money were given to communities in need, unfortunately a large percentage of “BLM” donations are funneled to an old white guy’s presidential campaign. They can do whatever they want as long as they’re willing to accept the repercussions

Because not everyone sees it as a racist organization. And if you want to hear why, then simply look at the news. If anyone on this board owns a Ford or GM, they are supporting the BLM, Nike, and numerous other companies I assume this board uses on the daily also donating and supporting others. Matter of fact, GM is shutting down for 8mins and 46s tomorrow to support juneteenth, and the BLM movement and the death of GF.

I think it's a tradeoff. It's hard to ignore the need for a car or clothing. Cutting off that donation is easy, though .

Reactions: audeuce02

100% ok with this.

Reactions: DM8
Financial support of BLM is misguided if anyone studied the core of the orgnanization. the money ought to go to education or scholarship programs for minorities. Of course that is not trendy or woke, but is more appropriate place to go if the truly wanted to help minorities.

That’s bc these big ass companies are having to play the PC Card right now due to the mob

Not true. If you seriously want to know the truth, research and educate yourself instead of spreading ignorance.

Reactions: tigers3014
That’s bc these big ass companies are having to play the PC Card right now due to the mob
Cannot argue that.
Financial support of BLM is misguided if anyone studied the core of the organization. the money ought to go to education or scholarship programs for minorities. Of course that is not trendy or woke, but is more appropriate place to go if the truly wanted to help minorities.
100% agree

why cant we support black people without supporting BLM? theyre 2 seperate things
You 100% can. I think the other poster said it best is that like it or not some of these companies are doing more for political/public perception instead of doing something "different" that might have a more profound effect on the community.

Not shure DAWG!!!!
SEC makes an AZZZLOAD of MONEY frum black peepel being such awesum atheleeetz. Probly good to give sum back.
HAYUL, I wish I koood give ole "AIR" CAMBRIDGE $10 foe ERRRY COOOOOOP-A-LOOOOOP dis seazun!!!
100% agree doc!!! theres betta ways to do it than donating to BLM tho!! give back to local poor black communities or somethin, involve the athletes in a way to give back to the community something more meaningful

100% agree doc!!! theres betta ways to do it than donating to BLM tho!! give back to local poor black communities or somethin, involve the athletes in a way to give back to the community something more meaningful
I juzt ain't know enuff about the BLM mooovement. I need to study it sum more. We got sum grate black posters like @DLucky and @KILLAKONG dat kood probly ekkspane it betta to me than if I juzt read about it in a newspaper.

Listen, I'm not the Bunker token black guy where you direct your dumbass questions about black people you're too ignorant and chicken shit to ask to their faces. For some of you, the Bunker is the new KKK mask. Hell, take the mask off so we can all see who the ignorant racist people are. If you don't support BLM, you don't support justice and equality for ALL people including the black athletes that help earn millions for Auburn for decades.

Reactions: KILLAKONG
Listen, I'm not the Bunker token black guy where you direct your dumbass questions about black people you're too ignorant and chicken shit to ask to their faces. For some of you, the Bunker is the new KKK mask. Hell, take the mask off so we can all see who the ignorant racist people are. If you don't support BLM, you don't support justice and equality for ALL people including the black athletes that help earn millions for Auburn for decades.

Hey man, can you explain how the organization Black Lives Matter is not political?

You're throwing out a lot of accusations. I want to know if whatever money I or anyone else donate this year is used to fund certain political candidates or causes in the 2020 elections.

Reactions: AUzad
From the BLM "What We Believe" Page:

"We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise)."

I mean you can agree or disagree with that... to each his own... but those aren't the values of an organization committed to racial reconciliation. Thats full-on identity politics, cultural marxism, critical theory, progressive ideology, you name it. Hard to ignore the political implications even if they mean well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT