ADVERTISEMENT

Seattle RIP

The reason you see that in Seattle and not here is too many armed citizens that would take offense at Antifa

Reactions: j4au_1 and whitie
Who is the crazy ass person hear who supports antifa?

Now I remember @KilgoreTrout
I guess people that are not pro fascist. I know ww2 vets are anti fascists. What crazy is the rise in the amount of people that are pro fascist. Just about every conservative I know now are upset with people that are anti fascist. Just look how Bolivia was taken over by a fascist group and our government supported them. I bet if you told people back in the 40s that people that were against fascism would be vilified today they would horrified.

My internet searches for Antifa taking over Seattle yelled nothing from the Seattle Times or any national news outlets, one opinion piece from a blog level northwest publication, and a bunch of articles about false SM fueled rumors about Antifa doing and planning various
Horrible things leading armed white protectors” to show up for nothing. I think you are being duped about a boogeyman OP.
I thank you have to go to a "SPESHAL" INTERNET to git dis kind of stuff.
@Powerman26 haz the log-in if you need it.

I guess people that are not pro fascist. I know ww2 vets are anti fascists. What crazy is the rise in the amount of people that are pro fascist. Just about every conservative I know now are upset with people that are anti fascist. Just look how Bolivia was taken over by a fascist group and our government supported them. I bet if you told people back in the 40s that people that were against fascism would be vilified today they would horrified.
It is even crazier that a group calling themselves anti fascists are committing some of the most fascists acts in this country.

a30523cff750f4db7d9cd6a44a6d46c4.gif

It is even crazier that a group calling themselves anti fascists are committing some of the most fascists acts in this country.

They have to keep up with the actual fascists.

Curbing free speech is anathema, which is why I can't support this group, but they're not killing folks, running their trucks into massed gatherings, etc.

They have to keep up with the actual fascists.

Curbing free speech is anathema, which is why I can't support this group, but they're not killing folks, running their trucks into massed gatherings, etc.
They aren't beating folks that disagree with them, throwing molotov cocktails and destroying the property of others either. Right?

Why am I laughing so hard? Terrorist group takes over ‘progressive’ city.... Who couldn’t see this coming. Wonder which cities or next, Minneapolis, New York City, San Francisco?

should just let the Air Force use it as a target range. Pull every one back call for an airstrike and let them pound the rubble. And please God don’t let the people fleeing this political disaster vote the same as they have, teach them in their stupidity before they spread more of it around
Why answer stupid with even more stupid? again, the ridiculous and endless pissing contest here is a microcosm of the issue we face as a country. No listening. Just double down on your rhetoric, no matter what side you represent.
This post is beyond asinine...

Reactions: audeuce02
Why answer stupid with even more stupid? again, the ridiculous and endless pissing contest here is a microcosm of the issue we face as a country. No listening. Just double down on your rhetoric, no matter what side you represent.
This post is beyond asinine...

snopes rates this as: Obviously a lack of sense of humor.

Reactions: Brian of Cleveland
No one said there weren't armed protesters. Those tweets said there was armed paramilitary "seizing control". Stop pretending that isn't a gross misrepresentation of what happened.
An armed group is in control of an area. We can all agree on that, correct? So your issue seems to be with the term “paramilitary” and now apparently “seized”. You have said, you would feel the same way if the group was a far right group and labelled the same way. I have no reason to question the truth of that, so I take you at your word.
you seem to have more issues with words being used than the actual lawlessness taking place.
Again, I find that interesting and symptomatic of the problem.

Because it's not happening as represented by those tweets and OP. That's easily answered.

Read all about it here: https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/...mous-zone-forms-around-emptied-east-precinct/

From the article

Residents in the area are also getting used to the new status near the precinct”

“That isn’t true! As an area resident, it’s really stressful to have this going on here, specially armed ppl. I’m really considering moving out if this continues.”

“I completely agree with abc, this is insanity for the residents; now we are under a dictatorship of vigilantes with AK-47s that have BARRICADED us in. This is absurd, the police should be ashamed for abandoning the neighborhood. I do not want to live in a neighborhood with homeless encampments and ‘protesters’ pushing violence after the peaceful protesters leave. I support BLM and fully agree that change needs to occur to love the dial for racial inequality. This is separate and distinct from how I feel about the vigilante protesters taking over a block of citizens and threatening everyones rights within their barricade.”

“I’m a business owner in the area; my business was entered this evening by a group of six Free Cap Hill participants who requested I pay $500 to help finance what they said was community security and protection. They said they will accept cash or Bitcoin; I told them I would prefer to pay in the latter in hope it would buy time. They’re supposedly coming back tomorrow to give me digital wallet details (none of them actually had that info when they showed up; I’m assuming there’s a leader or someone in the background who keeps it). Even $500 is going to be a hit for us as we only just reopened but I’d rather pay than ask for trouble.”

Reactions: j4au_1
From the article

Residents in the area are also getting used to the new status near the precinct”

“That isn’t true! As an area resident, it’s really stressful to have this going on here, specially armed ppl. I’m really considering moving out if this continues.”

“I completely agree with abc, this is insanity for the residents; now we are under a dictatorship of vigilantes with AK-47s that have BARRICADED us in. This is absurd, the police should be ashamed for abandoning the neighborhood. I do not want to live in a neighborhood with homeless encampments and ‘protesters’ pushing violence after the peaceful protesters leave. I support BLM and fully agree that change needs to occur to love the dial for racial inequality. This is separate and distinct from how I feel about the vigilante protesters taking over a block of citizens and threatening everyones rights within their barricade.”

“I’m a business owner in the area; my business was entered this evening by a group of six Free Cap Hill participants who requested I pay $500 to help finance what they said was community security and protection. They said they will accept cash or Bitcoin; I told them I would prefer to pay in the latter in hope it would buy time. They’re supposedly coming back tomorrow to give me digital wallet details (none of them actually had that info when they showed up; I’m assuming there’s a leader or someone in the background who keeps it). Even $500 is going to be a hit for us as we only just reopened but I’d rather pay than ask for trouble.”
Sounds like a bunch of peaceful anti fascists.

No, there are armed protesters in an area that has been vacated by the police. Your description paints a different picture. Yes, I have a problem with misrepresenting facts in order to fear monger. If a loosely organized right wing group of protesters was described as a paramilitary group seizing control, I have a hard time imagining that this place wouldn't be irate.
It has happened and the government came down hard on them and murdered folks. Were you outraged then?

snopes rates this as: Obviously a lack of sense of humor.
Yeah, I guess “snopes” and I differ in our idea of “humor”.
In a time of wide spread social unrest that seems to be expanding, I don’t find any “humor” in suggestions of air strikes on a US city to squash it.
Stuffed animals in the seats at professional baseball games = humorous. Killing protestors with air strikes = not humorous.
I’m crazy like that.

Reactions: SigBitty
Outraged when? Am I just supposed to guess at your vague descriptions?
A group of people occupied a government building. The government came down on them and murdered some of their leadership.

No, there are armed protesters in an area that has been vacated by the police. Your description paints a different picture. Yes, I have a problem with misrepresenting facts in order to fear monger. If a loosely organized right wing group of protesters was described as a paramilitary group seizing control, I have a hard time imagining that this place wouldn't be irate.
Yeah, I don’t speak for this place. I only speak for me.
So as I said, Your issue is with words, not the fact that an armed group controls an area of A US city.
That’s fine. I just find it interesting.

I have read all about it. Actually read that exact article.
So are you saying that there aren’t armed protestors?mate you in support of what is described in the article you linked?

If you read that article and didn't see this as an ongoing protest action, you're reading something into it that isn't there. The police are still patroling, on foot and by air, for instance. There is no present violence and the "pullback" was done to de-escalate the situation to prevent there from being injuries to police and protestors.

If there are armed protestors, they're exercising their 2A rights like the protestors which stormed the capitol building in Michigan. I'm not saying there aren't any; I'm saying this was portrayed as a militia insurrection and it is 100% NOT that.

If you read that article and didn't see this as an ongoing protest action, you're reading something into it that isn't there. The police are still patroling, on foot and by air, for instance. There is no present violence and the "pullback" was done to de-escalate the situation to prevent there from being injuries to police and protestors.

If there are armed protestors, they're exercising their 2A rights like the protestors which stormed the capitol building in Michigan. I'm not saying there aren't any; I'm saying this was portrayed as a militia insurrection and it is 100% NOT that.
So, to be clear, you’re comfortable with armed protestors controlling portions of cities in the United States?
I just want to understand.

An armed group does not control an area of a US city.
Are you sure? You may want to inform them of that, because they sure believe they do.

Which part is untrue, iyo? The “armed” part or the “control” part?

Reactions: Hornacious
From the article

I'm talking to someone in the area on the phone right now (my second cousin, about 26 years old). She says there are some folks with guns but that there always are during these protests, and they frequently have protests. She hasn't felt scared or afraid to leave and she was excited that the little grocery store on her block just reopened. She says the police are still visible in the area, just not in large numbers and without vehicles. They're on foot. I asked her about being barricade in and she says she doesn't drive so it hasn't really bothered her and the barricades are kind of a joke because two or three people can move them without much trouble.

Are you sure? You may want to inform them of that, because they sure believe they do.

Which part is untrue, iyo? The “armed” part or the “control” part?

Who says they do? Or that they believe that they do?

I haven't seen any mention of guns in this "autonomous zone" other than, like... a single random dude on twitter.
Just a hunch but you are basing this thought on assuming that ANTIFA is an Anti Fascist organization right?

An armed group is in control of an area. We can all agree on that, correct? So your issue seems to be with the term “paramilitary” and now apparently “seized”. You have said, you would feel the same way if the group was a far right group and labelled the same way. I have no reason to question the truth of that, so I take you at your word.
you seem to have more issues with words being used than the actual lawlessness taking place.
Again, I find that interesting and symptomatic of the problem.

No.

One died resisting arrest. Quite a far cry from calling in an airstrike on a domestic urban population. You must be a big fan of the Tiananmen Square Massacre.
They illegal actions of the government led to his death in a shoot out. For the record I am anti government killing folks but I am also for fair play. Good for the goose should be good for the gander.

The use of “armed group” is intentionally misleading
Are you suggesting that I’m being intentionally misleading?
Are you saying their are no fire arms among the group?
Sorry, I don’t understand your point here.

Yeah, I guess “snopes” and I differ in our idea of “humor”.
In a time of wide spread social unrest that seems to be expanding, I don’t find any “humor” in suggestions of air strikes on a US city to squash it.
Stuffed animals in the seats at professional baseball games = humorous. Killing protestors with air strikes = not humorous.
I’m crazy like that.

Obviously I see the problem - they've seceded from the Union. Time to Sherman them.... /facepalm

They illegal actions of the government led to his death in a shoot out. For the record I am anti government killing folks but I am also for fair play. Good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Tell him how much you support the Ruby Ridge murders or the Waco massacre..... under Clinton.

Yep, everything is fine in Seattle, just a misunderstanding amongst fun loving, reasonable people just trying to live their best life.
Just be honest and realistic. There is a lot of emotion and a lot of protesting, some looting and violent confrontations, carried out by all kinds of people with different motivations, some valid and some incoherent, and an effort to smartly control and police the whole thing without escalating the problems. But there is no invading and occupying Antifa army. That’s boogeyman BS.

Reactions: SigBitty
Who says they do? Or that they believe that they do?
“The protesters continued to camp out in a self-declared “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone” (CHAZ)-- a region spanning six blocks and encompassing the precinct-- which has effectively been abandoned by law enforcement after the Seattle Police Department closed the East Precinct on Monday.“

The first morning brought a new configuration to the streets. The police barricades and walls left behind have provided protesters the resources they need to create their own path through the neighborhood. Barriers have been dragged into a zig zag maze to block traffic from passing through 12th Ave or up and down E Pine with a steady stream of cars and trucks performing u-turns and three-point turns to avoid the blockades. Tent shelters have been put up to help keep volunteers dry at the edges of the core around 12th and Pine. At one on the southeast corner of the intersection, a few people sat around while one approached CHS and encouraged “white people” to come to the scene and help them hold the block. Above the walled-off entrance to the building, the sign has been spray painted to now read “SEATTLE PEOPLE DEPARTMENT EAST PRECINCT.”

au·ton·o·mous
/ôˈtänəməs/
adjectiv
1. (of a country or region) having the freedom to govern itself or control its own affairs.

They do...

I'm talking to someone in the area on the phone right now (my second cousin, about 26 years old). She says there are some folks with guns but that there always are during these protests, and they frequently have protests. She hasn't felt scared or afraid to leave and she was excited that the little grocery store on her block just reopened. She says the police are still visible in the area, just not in large numbers and without vehicles. They're on foot. I asked her about being barricade in and she says she doesn't drive so it hasn't really bothered her and the barricades are kind of a joke because two or three people can move them without much trouble.
really glad she has managed to stay safe during the riots....especially with the trouble seattle has had with looting and injuries to police....she must live in an area not affected much....hope she stays safe

ADVERTISEMENT