ADVERTISEMENT

Projecting two in-state stars to AU

John Garcia Jr.

Gold Member
May 13, 2023

Ok, I'm a little late to the Fegans to AU party but I've wanted to be somewhat sure with him taking official and unofficial visits across the country this spring. Georgia was the program I had an eye on as the potential top threat to AU, but sources this week have indicated that even after the time in Athens it's AU that remains where he is most comfortable. Some in the summer camp circuit recently told me Fegans already carries himself as an Auburn commitment, to a degree. So the pick is in for the in-state win on one of the highest-floor DBs in the region. Fegans' game reminds me of Daniel Thomas -- won't overwhelm you with the physical traits but the sum of his parts will make for an impactful and versatile secondary player.

Fegans has a commitment date of July 29.

Harris has been a bit harder to project given his youth -- in the class of 2026 -- and his positioning on various college boards could be a bit more fluid since he's visiting/camping with programs of late. It's during the spring/summer stretch, I'm told, where AU has really begun to separate itself from the pack with the 256 native. Harris was shaping up to become a classic Iron Bowl battle, but the Tigers pushed and prioritized before the new staff in Tuscaloosa really turned the page to 2026, per a source on Wednesday. The ceiling with Harris is a fascinating one given his frame and natural athleticism, not to mention still having two years of prep ball left before getting to his college campus for good.

AU's momentum isn't limited to this pair, of course. We should hear more on at least one other front very soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News