ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers needed from the mainboard

This was a thread about a guy who needed prayers and then you sabotage it, turn it into your own personal MySpace. Man, that’s bad.
Prayers still up for PopcornSutton. @gatorz1209, you’re good people.

And since you already wrecked it:

View attachment 390
The first thing I want to say is I have already prayed for PopcornSutton. I did so as soon as I sent my reply. And yes, this blog was about PS, but it was also about covid. It involved people that other Bunkerers knew and wanted to tell us about. It involved children, middle agers, and older adults. It involved those who had health issues before they contracted covid and those who had no issues. But it was about people sharing news/info. I do not have a MySpace account and I certainly did not mean to wreck your one blog that contained feelings of warmth and indicated some people on this site actually care about someone else.

I know the numbers, I look at them every week. Many thanks for printing this. It allows actual info at this particular hospital for others to see, not to just hear about. But what is being seen here is not true of every facility. I look at almost every reporting hospital in the country. In some instances I have only counties to look at. That should be said lest people think this hospital represents all hospitals. It does not. The only way for you to accurately release any hospital information that would prove informative to everyone on the Bunker is to release them all. You have released only that which represents the Auburn/Opelika area. It would also serve you well to fully understand the difference in attempting to share information that might benefit even one person who sees it to “wrecking“ the very site it was written to.

To the one who posted about PopcornSutton, I am sorry if you took offense to my words. I truly hope he gets better, as I hoped in my original reply, and you let us know when he has recovered. I, too, lost someone who meant a great deal to me. He died in January and I know and understand I am still grieving for him. My hope is for PopcornSutton’s full recovery. May he be a presence in your life for a very long time.

Two GREAT updates from the past two days! Prayers are working, folks!

UPDATE

Big day for PS! He’s undergoing breathing trials, which means he is intermittently breathing on his own without the assistance of the ventilator. He is no longer on any scheduled sedatives. He will be a bit more awake today and will start light PT today or tomorrow.

To be able to speak, his respiratory therapist will need to install a valve into the trach. Hopefully this can be done tomorrow or the next day.

UPDATE #2

Just met with PS’ team. If they can get him off one more medication, it’s likely they can move him directly from ICU to a long-term care physical therapy hospital for him to regain his strength.

Reactions: AUJMac
Two GREAT updates from the past two days! Prayers are working, folks!

UPDATE

Big day for PS! He’s undergoing breathing trials, which means he is intermittently breathing on his own without the assistance of the ventilator. He is no longer on any scheduled sedatives. He will be a bit more awake today and will start light PT today or tomorrow.

To be able to speak, his respiratory therapist will need to install a valve into the trach. Hopefully this can be done tomorrow or the next day.

UPDATE #2

Just met with PS’ team. If they can get him off one more medication, it’s likely they can move him directly from ICU to a long-term care physical therapy hospital for him to regain his strength.
Fk yeah!

• Love
Reactions: gatorz1209
😍😍😍😍😍😍
Huge Update:

For the first time in 50 days, Popcorn is no longer on a ventilator!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT