ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers needed from the mainboard

Yeah, but that's more an outlier. Statistically speaking, of course. Eat right, be healthy, be vaxed, wear masks, use common sense, and the chances are extremely small that you will face a fatal outcome.

Not disagreeing. But with the initial waves, being under 40 made me feel nearly-bullet proof when it came to serious issues with covid. But Delta changed the game.

Done. If it's any consolation, I know a guy from Montgomery who was put on a ventilator and ECMO for several days and fully recovered. He spent 12 days on the ventilator and 19 days on ECMO. He is 37-38 years old. PopcornSutton can pull through this.

There’s a thread over at the OM site where OP says young people never struggle with Covid. It’s just not true right now. Prayers up for this young man and his family and his friends.
100%. I've talked to ICU docs and Nurse Practitioners who testify to the alarming # of people in their 30s, often no underlying comorbidities (e.g. obesity, asthma, diabetes, immune compromised) who are fighting for their life against Delta COVID, and some not surviving. Common theme seems to be unvaccinated.

Believe the avg age in our local hospital system for Covid Hospitalization is now 52
The talk of this only affecting very old and very obese people needs to end, new variant changed the game.

• Sad
Reactions: gatorz1209
Done. If it's any consolation, I know a guy from Montgomery who was put on a ventilator and ECMO for several days and fully recovered. He spent 12 days on the ventilator and 19 days on ECMO. He is 37-38 years old. PopcornSutton can pull through this.

Wow. That’s certainly encouraging. Dude beat the odds in a big way. Shows it can he done.

Reactions: DufnerFanBoy
Believe the avg age in our local hospital system for Covid Hospitalization is now 52
The talk of this only affecting very old and very obese people needs to end, new variant changed the game.
It's doing some weird things to some younger, more healthy folks. My wife was telling me about this story below and then later found out her parents' have a neighbor on Sand Mountain who was similar in age who died within a day of contracting it. There is still a good bit of randomness to this thing.

The prayers are helping. Nashvillevol just posted

"Just got an update about 5 minutes ago. Ben is now prone (on his stomach) to take pressure off his lungs. This has helped his blood/oxygen level significantly, bumping it up to 97%. The central line insert went very well. Still very dependent on the ventilator, but they have been able to reduce some vent pressure which is a good thing. A little bit of positive news this evening."

Update from Nashvillevol:

**UPDATE** - Please keep the prayers coming

Yesterday was a really difficult day. Popcorn’s pulmonologist explained to me that while they were not giving up hope, they we’re running out of ideas/tools to help Popcorn. One option they had not yet tried was nitric oxide. They began administering that yesterday, and it boosted Ben’s O2 level to 95-96%. The goal is to reduce his vent settings which they will try to do later today, if possible.

I'm 34, asthmatic (with a couple of bouts of pneumonia in my history), and have 2 positives in the household Monday. My 1 year old and my vaxxed wife. She's feeling rough so I'm helping with the sick little one and my oldest daughter.

I got the 4 shot monocolonal antibodies due to my condition in my stomach yesterday (even after testing negative). That and the vaccine should keep me out the hospital. I'm feeling confident I'll be good!

Update: everyone is good! Quarantine ends tomorrow. I never got symptoms so the vax/antibodies work!

Quick update on PopcornSutton. Still fully in the vent, and will have days of improvement and days of setbacks. Not sure how long this will go on but here’s the update from the mainboard:

Popcorn has improved some, but not as quickly as I'd hoped. He did open his eyes several times yesterday and respond to commands to move fingers/toes. His ventilator settings are still higher than I would like. It's an excruciatingly slow process.

Quick update on PopcornSutton. Still fully in the vent, and will have days of improvement and days of setbacks. Not sure how long this will go on but here’s the update from the mainboard:

Popcorn has improved some, but not as quickly as I'd hoped. He did open his eyes several times yesterday and respond to commands to move fingers/toes. His ventilator settings are still higher than I would like. It's an excruciatingly slow process.
You’re good people, @gatorz1209

I'm 34, asthmatic (with a couple of bouts of pneumonia in my history), and have 2 positives in the household Monday. My 1 year old and my vaxxed wife. She's feeling rough so I'm helping with the sick little one and my oldest daughter.

I got the 4 shot monocolonal antibodies due to my condition in my stomach yesterday (even after testing negative). That and the vaccine should keep me out the hospital. I'm feeling confident I'll be good!
Everyone ok in your household @easterwood ? I have a 3.5 month old little guy and sending him to daycare every day has me at least slightly nervous. How’d your daughter and wife do?

Geez he is still on the vent?!?! Thats crazy. You can see how these hospitals get full if this is how long it takes sometimes. I cant even begin to imagine how hard this must be for his family

Geez he is still on the vent?!?! Thats crazy. You can see how these hospitals get full if this is how long it takes sometimes. I cant even begin to imagine how hard this must be for his family
Yeah it’s crazy. I assume someone older with less health would be gone by now. His body is taking a beating, I’m sure.

I’m sure a lot of you have seen, but one of the legendary mainboard guys is struggling with Covid and on a vent. Some of you may remember PopcornSutton. He’s young (31). I text with one of his good friends and they’re all having a hard time comprehending the whole thing. Please keep PS in your prayers, if you are so inclined.
Prayers up.

Everyone ok in your household @easterwood ? I have a 3.5 month old little guy and sending him to daycare every day has me at least slightly nervous. How’d your daughter and wife do?

Sorry I didn't update....

My 1 year old (about to turn 2) you couldn't tell was even sick! 4 kids in her class tested positive afterwards. Not a single one showed symptoms other than a slight daycare cold. It'll run rampant through a daycare with hardly any effects. Frankly, RSV is worse for little ones. My oldest was hospitalized for it when she was 1.

My 5 year old never got sick even after refusing to stay away from mom and sister (its hard to keep them apart).

My wife as got the antibody infusion (she's fully Moderna'ed) and was run down for 5 days. Headaches were the worse. Lost smell for 2 weeks and still has random covid smells. We then partied like rock stars at Penn State.

I never got sick.

My 1 year old (about to turn 2) you couldn't tell was even sick! 4 kids in her class tested positive afterwards. Not a single one showed symptoms other than a slight daycare cold. It'll run rampant through a daycare with hardly any effects. Frankly, RSV is worse for little ones. My oldest was hospitalized for it when she was 1.

My 5 year old never got sick even after refusing to stay away from mom and sister (its hard to keep them apart).

My wife as got the antibody infusion (she's fully Moderna'ed) and was run down for 5 days. Headaches were the worse. Lost smell for 2 weeks and still has random covid smells. We then partied like rock stars at Penn State.

I never got sick.
Dude that’s wonderful, besides your little one having a bout with rsv a while ago. Glad to hear it!

• Love
Reactions: easterwood

I never got sick.
My grandson just got over the RSV. He looked like a train wreck.

That thread is an excruciating read. Earlier in the month it felt like he was about to walk out and then it’s back to max vent settings. He’s fighting hard as hell.

That thread is an excruciating read. Earlier in the month it felt like he was about to walk out and then it’s back to max vent settings. He’s fighting hard as hell.
Yeah, I don’t feel great about how it’s going. I’m sure his family is keeping hope, but one can only wonder how long he can stay vented.

Yeah, I don’t feel great about how it’s going. I’m sure his family is keeping hope, but one can only wonder how long he can stay vented.
Agree with you. This last set back felt like it was not expected. BUT…@fig and I have a client that has a son the same age as PS. His son was on ECMO and vent for 5 weeks. He explained the situation exactly as PS is playing out. It gives me hope.

update from a couple days ago. Great stuff!

Popcorn’s on the move. We have been aggressive the last few days in weaning PS off sedatives, but it’s working. The decreased sedatives have allowed him to be a little more lucid and his ventilator dependency has been reduced. We’re now talking about moving him out of the ICU and taking him off the vent in a few days.

• Love
Reactions: dqstyle
There’s a thread over at the OM site where OP says young people never struggle with Covid. It’s just not true right now. Prayers up for this young man and his family and his friends.
There are no steadfast rules that apply to covid. Oldes, middle aged, and kids are getting it. Males, females, blacks, whites, and all others are getting it. Fully vaccinated, unvaccinated, partially vaccinated are getting it. Also, though we do not hear about it, there are instances of people in all of these groups dying from it. Pfizer, Moderna, & J&J all have issues with some people in every group. It is no longer just the very young and very old who are getting it and at the greatest risk.

There are millions of unvaccinated people who have not gotten sick. There are thousands, possibly tens of thousands, of instances of fully vaccinated who have died. Nobody can tell us if the vaccinated are getting sick from the unvaccinated or vice versa. But for anyone to point a finger at either group as causing continuing sickness could not be more wrong because those pointing a finger don’t have the answers either.

Other countries are having some very promising results with Ivermectin. Our country has chosen to not go that route, which I don’t understand though I do have a theory. I would suggest putting pressure on some elected officials as well as the AMA to instruct doctors to write a prescription to any patient they have who they feel can tolerate the Ivermectin. Keep the med on hand in the event you test positive for covid or if the results take awhile to get back from a test but you feel that you are getting sick, you can take on your own. The cost for Ivermectin is minimal.

In the meantime I will pray not just for the fella being spoken of today but for us all. There is a way through this, we just need to come together knowing we are all susceptible to this horror. We are not each other’s enemies. Finally, do not fall into the trap being set for us. We are being fed an awful lot of garbage. Think for yourselves, doing what is best for you and your family, but also respecting the decisions made by others. For goodness sakes, do not be afraid to stand up for yourselves. Finally, read all you can about the mandates in case you find yourself dealing with that issue.

Last edited:
There are no steadfast rules that apply to covid. Oldes, middle aged, and kids are getting it. Males, females, blacks, whites, and all others are getting it. Fully vaccinated, unvaccinated, partially vaccinated are getting it. Also, though we do not hear about it, all of these groups are dying from it. Pfizer, Moderna, & J&J all have issues with some people in every group. It is no longer just the very young and very old who are getting it and at the greatest risk.

There are millions of unvaccinated people who have not gotten sick. There are thousands, possibly tens of thousands, of instances of fully vaccinated who have died. Nobody can tell us if the vaccinated are getting sick from the unvaccinated or vice versa. But for anyone to point a finger at either group as causing continuing sickness could not be more wrong because those pointing a finger don’t have the answers either.

Other countries are having some very promising results with Ivermectin. Our country has chosen to not go that route, which I don’t understand though I do have a theory. I would suggest putting pressure on some elected officials as well as the AMA to instruct doctors to write a prescription to any patient they have who they feel can tolerate the Ivermectin. Keep the med on hand in the event you test positive for covid or if the results take awhile to get back from a test but you feel that you are getting sick, you can take on your own. The cost for Ivermectin is minimal.

In the meantime I will pray not just for the fella being spoken of today but for us all. There is a way through this, we just need to come together knowing we are all susceptible to this horror. We are not each other’s enemies. Finally, do not fall into the trap being set for us. We are being fed an awful lot of garbage. Think for yourselves, doing what is best for you and your family, but also respecting the decisions made by others. For goodness sakes, do not be afraid to stand up for yourselves. Finally, read all you can about the mandates in case you find yourself dealing with that issue.
Get vaccinated.

There are no steadfast rules that apply to covid. Oldes, middle aged, and kids are getting it. Males, females, blacks, whites, and all others are getting it. Fully vaccinated, unvaccinated, partially vaccinated are getting it. Also, though we do not hear about it, there are instances of people in all of these groups dying from it. Pfizer, Moderna, & J&J all have issues with some people in every group. It is no longer just the very young and very old who are getting it and at the greatest risk.

This was a thread about a guy who needed prayers and then you sabotage it, turn it into your own personal MySpace. Man, that’s bad.
Prayers still up for PopcornSutton. @gatorz1209, you’re good people.

And since you already wrecked it:

3B1AE86D-4ACC-407C-BAAA-1953E9220435.jpeg

Get vaccinated.
How do you know I am not? I’m just tired of people name calling first one group then another. It’s like there is someone in charge of hate lists. This week it is one thing, next week it is something else. We are being taught to discriminate and our children are seeing this. They are learning to both hate and discriminate. If we live long enough we are going to feel the repercussions from them for what we are teaching them today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT