ADVERTISEMENT

I spoke with Pat Dye ......

Jun 13, 2008
He said a few interesting things about the defense. He said that Muschamp move to SC was the best thing that could have happened to the AU defense.He said that all the Defense players were all so afraid of Muschamp that it hurt their play.He said the players were so concerned about M coming down on them for mistakes that they didn't play aggressively in fear of being chewed out for a simple error.The general feeling on the D was that if they make a mistake M "would ride the hell out of them and they would be in the dog house".He said the D especially the LB's played a lot more aggressive in the spring and all the D took a big step forward.He thinks the D will be really improved this fall and has good chance of being outstanding.He also talked about some individual players on last years team and called out one 5 star LB for being lazy and taking 2 out of 3 plays off.He talked about our QB situation but asked me to not repeat the conversion. He really likes our RB's.As long as I have known Dye he has always spoken highly of our talent on the field so I always have a few reservations when he states we have a chance to be outstanding on D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News