ADVERTISEMENT

Heard Bruce speak yesterday- Random thoughts

war77eagle

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2008
Knoxville
He's the best- nothing groundbreaking
-Started with jokes about Jews. Ex ""What do you call a Jewish dilemma....free bacon", "Why do jewish men die before their wives...because they want to"
-Accidentally said Sex when trying to say work hard for success. Played it off well saying he only has sex after he works really hard but the sex is hard work itself at 64. Laughs all around.
-In light of the Aden situation and his quotes since leaving I thought this was interesting. Spoke about having to speak truth to players about their roles, can't sell them something then it be different on campus. Also mentioned taking care of his guys with NIL is a priority rather than throwing bags at others. Both interesting in light of the Aden rumors.
-Spoke about how relentless he is, nothing we don't already know. But mentioned how he likes his opponents losing even more than he likes winning. Gave examples of he loved beating the hell out of teams that interviewed him then hired someone else. Made me think about how much he wants to beat Tennessee.
-Takes immense pride in how much it pisses people off that Auburn is good at basketball and a perennial contender. Almost didn't take the job because of how difficult he thought it would be, several mentors and friends told him not to take it.
-"I got in trouble for giving a kid a hamburger and now I can buy him a hamburger joint"
-Spoke on how great our country is and why you won't see our players kneeling
-Liked getting a War Eagle from me in a room full of Vols
-Didn't sound like a guy who is retiring any time soon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News