ADVERTISEMENT

Huntsville PD says they tear gassed a peaceful crowd as a "precaution"...

Oh no. They took up a street! Kill them all! lol
There's no doubt we have people ITT who think the National Guard at Kent State was right to open fire on those students who had the audacity to refuse to disperse.

So were you for it or not?

(TL/DR : for)

Ask it this way? Would I have shot peaceful protestors with rubber bullets last night and “used chemical weapons on a 3 year old girl?” Preferably not lol.
Do I support what HSV did last night? Absolutely if that’s what it took.

1. I feel like they probably are more qualified at handling crowd control than I am.

2. I like that they actually had a PLAN for this (they implemented same plan Monday, that should’ve been a strong hint)

3. I watched Bham get WRECKED on live stream Sunday night for 2hrs before I saw the first Bham police car show up. Literally no authorities walking around letting trash destroy the city. I’m cool with that NOT happening in my town.

Reactions: audeuce02
Oh no. They took up a street! Kill them all! lol
Oh no, they took up street..... Never mind it's peaceful.

Oh no, they took up a block... Never mind it's peaceful.

Oh no, they took up a store.... Never mind it's peaceful.

Oh no, they torched my house... Where's the effing police !!

Last edited:
(TL/DR : for)

Ask it this way? Would I have shot peaceful protestors with rubber bullets last night and “used chemical weapons on a 3 year old girl?” Preferably not lol.
Do I support what HSV did last night? Absolutely if that’s what it took.

1. I feel like they probably are more qualified at handling crowd control than I am.

2. I like that they actually had a PLAN for this (they implemented same plan Monday, that should’ve been a strong hint)

3. I watched Bham get WRECKED on live stream Sunday night for 2hrs before I saw the first Bham police car show up. Literally no authorities walking around letting trash destroy the city. I’m cool with that NOT happening in my town.

I never knew there were so many sheep ok with whatever Gvt decides.

The same way good police handle peaceful demonstrations around our country on a regular basis. If people refuse to disperse and its essential they be removed from the area, you calmly tell them that anyone who doesn't leave will be taken into custody. Then the police go in with zip ties and detain anyone who decides they want to be arrested. This is happening all over our country in the last week. Every department should have ample zip ties in their inventory for this purpose.

And for every person you start to slap zip ties on, there are 10 enticers with cell phones recording as that person being detained is screaming bloody murder “ouch” and “omg what are you doing to me” and so forth.

or.... release some non lethal gas that will agitate them and motivate them to move along.

Stop flailing around and trying to move the goal posts. That's not what you told the board for months. You guaranteed that COVID was drastically less deadly than the seasonal flu. Now, tell us how many years the seasonal flu killed 110k Americans in 9 weeks. Time to back up all of your nutty lies.
So sad. How many hours have you wasted fear mongering on the Bunker? 100? 200? 300!?!?!

I stand by what I said.

Nice touch though inserting words like "guaranteed" and "drastically" into that post for the dramatic effect. It's the sign of a true bullshitter.

Whoa, this dissolved quickly! Let me interject a few things
1) I've received word high up from a LEA that several cache of material intended to cause harm was stashed around the area. This includes nets, acid, weapons, and bricks.

2) I've also confirmed the ALEA vehicles were the primary things that were attacked in the events.

3) The NAACP paid for the event security. Was worried about agitators and organizers tried to breakup the crowd peacefully afterwards.

Also, @DM8 I can't locate that 7min video you posted, I was trying to find it but cant...

The same way good police handle peaceful demonstrations around our country on a regular basis. If people refuse to disperse and its essential they be removed from the area, you calmly tell them that anyone who doesn't leave will be taken into custody. Then the police go in with zip ties and detain anyone who decides they want to be arrested. This is happening all over our country in the last week. Every department should have ample zip ties in their inventory for this purpose.

not you can use less lethal force measures your city leaders approve of.

Oh no, they torched my house... Kill those Mother effers !!

Again, with the mind reading. You could make a lot of money from cities paying you to read the minds of protestors. Lol

Reactions: DM8
Stuff+from+papa+franku_f0f935_5713186.jpg

You are making AUM look terrible ITT. This is completely incoherent. Calm down. Try making 1 point at a time. By doing so, you might be able to make enough sense where someone can figure what point you are trying to get across.
Little racist there isn’t it.....

You are good at this trolling thing. LOL.
Sorry man, not trying to troll here. What you wrote reads word for word how people defended using fire hoses, dogs and gas on civil rights demonstrators to "preserve order" during the 1960s.

Do you really not see that using these tactics will only lead to more protests and prompt some people to give up on being peaceful? People across the country see people chanting peacefully getting gassed or shot with rubber bullets and that will absolutely lead more people to start destroying property out of anger and frustration. I don't agree with that which is one of the main reasons I think this should be condemned.

Sorry man, not trying to troll here. What you wrote reads word for word how people defended using fire hoses, dogs and gas on civil rights demonstrators to "preserve order" during the 1960s.

Do you really not see that using these tactics will only lead to more protests and prompt some people to give up on being peaceful? People across the country see people chanting peacefully getting gassed or shot with rubber bullets and that will absolutely lead more people to start destroying property out of anger and frustration. I don't agree with that which is one of the main reasons I think this should be condemned.

Tuesday night was the most peaceful night and I didn’t see any tear gas used in the major cities anyway by 12 midnight.

you have made that point clear. We get it. Just saying that these protests leading to rioting and looting also don’t get us any closer to a meaningful discussion. So if you want to give Antifa, BLM and the KKK your street address so they can bring that shit your way I am sure they will he happy to head on over.

Oh no, they torched my house... Kill those Mother effers !!
Under your logic, the police are justified in gassing or firing rubber bullets on any demonstration. What would your reaction have been if Michigan's governor had gassed the armed shutdown protesters in their capital? Every one of those guys had an assault rifle so they clearly posed a much larger threat than the unarmed protesters in Huntsville who were chanting "hands up, don't shoot" as the police opened fire.

Again, with the mind reading. You could make a lot of money from cities paying you to read the minds of protestors. Lol
WTF? It's happening all over the country in cities run by libs. The thugs are causing destruction and death, and the lib run cities do NOTHING. That only encourages them to continue.

If a bully keeps effing with you and you do nothing, he will keep on. If you punch his lights out, he will move on to someone less soft. Same with the thugs. Stop this shit at the first POSSIBILITY of trouble, and none of this matters. All these thugs see their fellow thugs get away with murder on TV, so they want to join in on the fun. 90% of them couldn't even tell you the name of the guy killed in MN.

you have made that point clear. We get it. Just saying that these protests leading to rioting and looting also don’t get us any closer to a meaningful discussion. So if you want to give Antifa, BLM and the KKK your street address so they can bring that shit your way I am sure they will he happy to head on over.
I am attempting to have a meaningful discussion. I think it's a very easy line to draw that the police should not use violence on peaceful protesters under any circumstance. If everyone agreed on that point, the protests would come to an end a lot sooner.

WTF? It's happening all over the country in cities run by libs. The people are causing destruction and death and the city does NOTHING. That only encourages them to continue.

If a bully keeps effing with you and you do nothing, he will keep on. If you punch his lights out, he will move on to someone less soft. Some with the thugs. Stop this shit at the first POSSIBILITY of trouble, and none of this matters. All these thugs see their fellow thugs get away with murder on TV so they want to join in on the fun. 90% of them couldn't even tell you the name of the guy killed in MN.

Nationwide on Tuesday night had the biggest crowds to that date. No tear gas. Lowest violence and property destruction of the week. Explain that, mind reader. Other countries learned this.

WTF? It's happening all over the country in cities run by libs. The thugs are causing destruction and death, and the lib run cities do NOTHING. That only encourages them to continue.

If a bully keeps effing with you and you do nothing, he will keep on. If you punch his lights out, he will move on to someone less soft. Same with the thugs. Stop this shit at the first POSSIBILITY of trouble, and none of this matters. All these thugs see their fellow thugs get away with murder on TV, so they want to join in on the fun. 90% of them couldn't even tell you the name of the guy killed in MN.
af84fcc7-dc32-444c-bd07-203cf1401811-23352734_BG2.jpg

"All you gotta do is tell them your going to bring the dogs. Look at em run.I want to see the dogs work."

"As I have said on numerous occasions, we are not going to stand for this in Birmingham. And if necessary we will fill the jail full and we don't care whose toes we step on. I am saying now to these meddlers from out of our city the best thing for them to do is stay out if they don't want to get slapped in jail. Our people of Birmingham are a peaceful people and we never have any trouble here unless some people come into our city looking for trouble. And I've never seen anyone yet look for trouble who wasn't able to find it”

I am attempting to have a meaningful discussion. I think it's a very easy line to draw that the police should not use violence on peaceful protesters under any circumstance. If everyone agreed on that point, the protests would come to an end a lot sooner.

That is the point. They did not. They lasted well over the time allotment.

Police violence is a problem all over our country. Minneapolis has one of the worst police departments in our country in terms of their criminal use of force so location has nothing to do with it.
Police violence? Have you seen the number of inner city black on black homicides in places like Bham and Detroit? Where’s your outrage for that?

Reactions: j4au_1
WhirlwindFlamboyantCougar-size_restricted.gif

Thank you for having the courage to come out and say what jackson and others have waffled around ITT. You have no problem with Bull Connor and others who used gas and other "non lethal" means on Civil Rights demonstrators. It is honestly amazing that is still a commonly held view by some in our country. Peaceful civil disobedience should never be met with violence.
As a liberal I’d gas them too

Police violence? Have you seen the number of inner city black on black homicides in places like Bham and Detroit? Where’s your outrage for that?
I hope you can understand why no one takes you seriously on any issue related to civil rights after you compared black people to monkeys.

HPD statement below says the protest was peaceful, but the crowd became "a little hostile" and they used gas as a precaution as they didn't want to "roll the dice on the protesters becoming violent." Birmingham's Bull Connor would have loved that justification for deploying tear gas, fire hoses or dogs.

This is exactly the kind of action that will continue to cause the protests to grow. Using chemical agents on people who are peacefully protesting police violence is the worst thing any department could be doing right now. The people this guy was spraying weren't even protesting, they were just milling around with some of them sitting on a bench talking and not paying attention as he walks up to spray them. This officer should be fired.

Then to make matters worse, they tear gassed a peaceful crowd that included children and then the officers in gas masks prevented the crowd and media from fleeing the gas. This was not a riot. It was a peaceful assembly of people exercising their 1st amendment rights. Huntsville needs to fire their police chief.

Tear gas? Do any of you geniuses know the
HPD statement below says the protest was peaceful, but the crowd became "a little hostile" and they used gas as a precaution as they didn't want to "roll the dice on the protesters becoming violent." Birmingham's Bull Connor would have loved that justification for deploying tear gas, fire hoses or dogs.

This is exactly the kind of action that will continue to cause the protests to grow. Using chemical agents on people who are peacefully protesting police violence is the worst thing any department could be doing right now. The people this guy was spraying weren't even protesting, they were just milling around with some of them sitting on a bench talking and not paying attention as he walks up to spray them. This officer should be fired.

Then to make matters worse, they tear gassed a peaceful crowd that included children and then the officers in gas masks prevented the crowd and media from fleeing the gas. This was not a riot. It was a peaceful assembly of people exercising their 1st amendment rights. Huntsville needs to fire their police chief.

nice job by the cops. They told them their protest permit had expired. They told them to leave, which many law biding citizens did leave. Then 90 minutes later the gassed them to make the others leave.
If you can’t abide by the laws then you suffer the consequences of breaking the law.

This is a direct quote from Huntsville's police chief saying they used tear gas. No one in the media is twisting anything. Nothing was implied by the media. The police chief says they used tear gas. Full stop.

In the same statement, McMurray said, "Only at the very end of the evening, after the event stretched well past four hours, a small group of protestors remained and began threatening officers and public property. After repeatedly warnings, we were able to safely disperse the crowd using smoke first and then tear gas, a non-lethal chemical agent.”

Now, are you lying or actually so stupid that you can't comprehend the quote posted above?
Was that quote in the OP? Yes they admitted it hours after you had already claimed it. Unlike all your claims about Washington, you were actually right this time.

That is the point. They did not. They lasted well over the time allotment.
We have a long history of people engaging in peaceful civil disobedience in our country. The Civil Rights protesters never had permits for their marches in Birmingham and chose to march anyway and refused to disperse when ordered to do so by the police. Do you agree that they deserved to be gassed just like the protesters in Huntsville?

Under your logic, the police are justified in gassing or firing rubber bullets on any demonstration. What would your reaction have been if Michigan's governor had gassed the armed shutdown protesters in their capital? Every one of those guys had an assault rifle so they clearly posed a much larger threat than the unarmed protesters in Huntsville who were chanting "hands up, don't shoot" as the police opened fire.
I would have had a huge problem with it because they didn't cause ANY property damage. They didn't steal one damn thing. They didn't assault any police officers. There is ZERO history of any of them doing anything illegal. But .... the thugs that have been rioting over the last week have done all those things. So cities are right to assume that will occur in there cities. Protest legally. Leave when time is up. No one gets hurt. Easy peazy.

Was that quote in the OP? Yes they admitted it hours after you had already claimed it. Unlike all your claims about Washington, you were actually right this time.
Good lourde, this is embarrassing. Run along before you find a way to be wrong about anything else.

Let's assume that's accurate even though the HPD statement doesn't mention it and instead says they gassed the crowd "roll the dice" to see if it became violent. Does a water bottle being thrown justify pepper spraying the girls walking around in the first video? Does a water bottle being thrown justify tear gassing a crowd that is otherwise not being violent that includes children? Surely you don't think police in riot gear can't deal with 1 or 2 people who are bad actors without gassing a large crowd that is not being violent.
Not leaving when the cops tell you to leave because your protest permit had expired over an hour ago justifies getting gassed. It’s non lethal and it obviously works. Abide by the laws. It’s simple.

I would have had a huge problem with it because they didn't cause ANY property damage. They didn't steal one damn thing. They didn't assault any police officers. There is ZERO history of any of them doing anything illegal. But .... the thugs that have been rioting over the last week have done all those things. So cities are right to assume that will occur in there cities. Protest legally. Leave when time is up. No one gets hurt. Easy peazy.
Time is up? The Michigan capital protesters had no permit. They were all armed and screaming at police officers. Thank you for making it clear you are the type of hypocrite who thinks civil rights protesters chanting "hands up, don't shoot" should be gassed and shot with rubber bullets while this dude is a patriot exercising his sacred right to free speech.

4000.jpg

Not leaving when the cops tell you to leave because your protest permit had expired over an hour ago justifies getting gassed. It’s non lethal and it obviously works. Abide by the laws. It’s simple.

Lol. I’m shocked you have this view. Shocked! I’m sure if a governor would have gassed the haircut bro protestors, you would’ve felt the same. Lol

Thank you for confirming you are another supporter of Bull Connor's tactics. We need to get a list of everyone ITT who thinks gassing civil rights protesters who refused to disperse in the 1960s was fully justified.

Lol. I’m shocked you have this view. Shocked! I’m sure if a governor would have gassed the haircut bro protestors, you would’ve felt the same. Lol
The hypocrisy on display is amazing. If Governor Whitmer had ordered tear gas deployed in the Michigan state capital to disperse the armed crowd who were there without a permit, the same people ITT who say protesting without a permit justifies gassing a peaceful crowd would have lost their minds.

Reactions: Stumpfan

Actually they are doing something: they are beginning to heed the calls to defund the police. LA is making a large police budget cut per Forbes; and other will follow. It is ironical-most 911 calls come from black and poor neighborhoods, so.....who is going to suffer most if police are cut?

Reactions: j4au_1
Was anyone actually there lol? I went Monday night. No one got pepper sprayed until 730-8pm after being allowed tons of time to stand on a busy corner yelling at cops and taunting them and disrupting traffic. After several warnings to just move along, enter some pepper spray. Better than physically touching the “protestors”.

as for last night, I don’t agree tear gas and rubber bullets should be used HOWEVER...
HPD isn’t messing around and didn’t want their city to look like Bham hours after the rally permit expired. Businesses downtown are already struggling, every time these protests go on throughout the night that’s more money lost.
The rally got the point across. The shit that goes down afterwards loses the point. And yes there were windows busted out and things thrown at cops.
Yes and these geniuses don’t realize that when the city loses money taxes go up for everybody. And you will still have bad cops in every city. Just like you have bad criminals in every city. But if you try to abide by the law you don’t have to deal with bad cops. Bad criminals are equal opportunity sorry can’t help you there. Just stay away from suspect areas and mind your business.

Actually they are doing something: they are beginning to heed the calls to defund the police. LA is making a large police budget cut per Forbes; and other will follow. It is ironical-most 911 calls come from black and poor neighborhoods, so.....who is going to suffer most if police are cut?

Not to mention, I’ve read several lists of “demands”
from protestors and many of them include a post secondary education requirement for police, along with higher salaries to attract better candidates. If you defund the police, these things will not be possible. Where do you think that additional money will come from? You literally can’t have it both ways.

Reactions: rkspeck33
Honestly, I don't care. I hope those cities fall into a friggin war zone. It will take that for the "people" rise up and demand action from the PC liberal city leaders or elect conservative law and order leaders. Otherwise, they get what they elected. Have fun.

We have a long history of people engaging in peaceful civil disobedience in our country. The Civil Rights protesters never had permits for their marches in Birmingham and chose to march anyway and refused to disperse when ordered to do so by the police. Do you agree that they deserved to be gassed just like the protesters in Huntsville?
You are trying to armchair QB this. I got a call today from the special events coordinator at Cotton Row, we have an event planned there tomorrow night. She said that fortunately the LEA’s handled the situation before it erupted. When they got to work this morning they did find weapons, bricks, and other items on their patio. Cotton Row is across the street from the courthouse. I think we saw the best possible outcome despite what someone sitting behind a computer screen thinks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT