ADVERTISEMENT

Herschel Walker nails it

He's saying that professional athletes and those that "take a stand" (for example Lebron James) don't speak up about the gun violence in their own communities like Chicago or NYC, just when it fits into an anti police narrative.(and jump to conclusions prior to all the facts coming out).
Yeah I can understand that as well. My outlook on the situation(s) has changed some over the last couple of weeks.

Reactions: ricedp105
He's saying that professional athletes and those that "take a stand" (for example Lebron James) don't speak up about the gun violence in their own communities like Chicago or NYC

I could go on ...

Geez always the same folks who take a respectful thread sideways. Some of you need in class in basic people skills. Go read "How to win friends and influence people" because you're doing neither.

Thoughtful tweet OP. Thanks for posting.

Your default opinion is that African Americans should be shot if it is deemed necessary. No further justification required. Meanwhile the bodies pile up.
Blacks are a thousand times more likely to be killed by another black than by a cop and it’s just ignorant to say and the bodies keep stacking up. 99% would go home if they didn’t resist and if you resist you get exactly what you deserve a bullet because cops deserve to go home to their fams just like the criminals. The 1% of bad police need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I could go on ...
I’m aware Lebron is ignorant thinking “banning guns” is going to solve criminal behaivor. That’s not what I’m referring too. (PS, doesn’t Chicago have the strictest gun laws in the US?). Trying to keep this as non political as possible.

Reactions: auburnra
Castille didn't comply after being told not to reach for his gun...and the officer in that case was acquitted after the dash body cam revealed that fact.
The lead investigator in the case concluded that Castile did comply and was not reaching for his gun. Though the officer (Hispanic) indeed was found not guilty, Castile’s family grossed almost $4 million in a settlement with the city. Castile did nothing wrong.

Why would I be able to find full body cam footage on the internet, that was used in a court case? I get what you're trying to do, but you do realize it's possible that the facts of the case exist outside the confines of the interwebs and not accessible to the public, right? Are you trying to infer that the judicial process that took place to acquit the officer was flawed?
Oh so you were speaking about body cam footage you hadn’t actually seen yourself. You were also talking about body cam footage that doesn’t exist. Look at you, once again backing yourself into a corner.

Reactions: AUBK
I’m aware Lebron is ignorant thinking “banning guns” is going to solve criminal behaivor. That’s not what I’m referring too. (PS, doesn’t Chicago have the strictest gun laws in the US?). Trying to keep this as non political as possible.
Lol, it's not about whether you agree or disagree with him, you made the statement that Lebron doesn't speak up about gun violence in his own community... Seems like that statement was proven wrong by those articles. Doesn't mean Lebron is right, but yore narrative that he isn't willing to speak about anythign but police violence isn't true.

For the record, I'm not a fan of how Lebron handles most things off the court, but if yore gonna call him out at least be honest.

The lead investigator in the case concluded that Castile did comply and was not reaching for his gun. Though the officer (Hispanic) indeed was found not guilty, Castile’s family grossed almost $4 million in a settlement with the city. Castile did nothing wrong.
This is what I found researching the verdict of the case and why he was acquitted.

Reactions: kkolumbo
Castille didn't comply after being told not to reach for his gun...and the officer in that case was acquitted after the dash body cam revealed that fact.

Because QI is horseshit and needs to be done away with. There were once consequences for shooting someone, you know, and it wasn't all that long ago. QI is Reagan era.

Herschel and Julie are special people to me. They have done so many wonderful things for me, including paying for my trip to Colombia for New Year’s. I could never repay them in a zillion years. So grateful for their friendship.
Wait, you a DAWG too? Like @Docdumpsta and @CJ3131 ?
SRFNduH15WFJicVp1GcTqYV0sbWqcdjzkFbAWJ8eITTm1HCxCGjp72zohMAY4yjtOeiDXw27hRhpoiB09fDKANVuMveua2tSXsxtnAGmuKfD_4cNFO2g86IteLAuTEb9

The broader point is that LeBron speaks out about other types of gun violence and the issues facing the black community ... not just police violence. Also, he pours tons of time and resources into inner city efforts.

He does a shit-ton more than a bunch of randos on an Auburn message board that judge him incessantly, that's for sure.

Lol, it's not about whether you agree or disagree with him, you made the statement that Lebron doesn't speak up about gun violence in his own community... Seems like that statement was proven wrong by those articles. Doesn't mean Lebron is right, but yore narrative that he isn't willing to speak about anythign but police violence isn't true.

For the record, I'm not a fan of how Lebron handles most things off the court, but if yore gonna call him out at least be honest.
So why isn't he currently protesting the violence in Chicago, NYC, Seattle, Minny, etc? He only "speaks up" when it fits into his narrative..

Reactions: auburnra
Unless it's a no knock raid at the wrong house and you end up dead at the hands of militarized police for NO GOOD REASON

1) End Qualified Immunity
2) Require Body Cams
3) Stop Enforcing Victimless Crimes
4) End No-Knock Raids
5) Stop Militarizing Police
6) Implement Bail Reform
7) End Civil Asset Forfeiture
8) End Mandatory Police Unions
9) Require Cops to Obtain Individual Liability Insurance

Fantastic list. Thankfully we're already making progress on some of these fronts ... bail reform, for instance.

These changes can't occur in a vacuum, though. They have to be accompanied by a wholesale change in the way we train LEOs...as well as an infusion of cash into these often thankless jobs. We have to make being a LEO a highly sought after position.

Reactions: orientalthunder
Two things
Unless it's a no knock raid at the wrong house and you end up dead at the hands of militarized police for NO GOOD REASON

1) End Qualified Immunity
2) Require Body Cams
3) Stop Enforcing Victimless Crimes
4) End No-Knock Raids
5) Stop Militarizing Police
6) Implement Bail Reform
7) End Civil Asset Forfeiture
8) End Mandatory Police Unions
9) Require Cops to Obtain Individual Liability Insurance
Two things I agree with. End Qualified Immunity and let the cops stand in the same shoes as the public. Second Civil Asset Forfeitures are legalized theft in some cases. I don't have a problem with police unions per se but the union should not dictate policy to the gov.

So why isn't he currently protesting the violence in Chicago, NYC, Seattle, Minny, etc? He only "speaks up" when it fits into his narrative..
Lol, you were wrong. Stop digging deeper. Again, I don't support a lot of what he does, but you were dishonest in yore critique

Reactions: hsvtgr
I say this as someone who admires Lebron James, but he speaks about this stuff constantly — to the point where I find myself saying “here we go again.”

Unrelated: Herschel Walker’s tweet is terrific. Wish we could get to that place ASAP.

Geez always the same folks who take a respectful thread sideways. Some of you need in class in basic people skills. Go read "How to win friends and influence people" because you're doing neither.

Thoughtful tweet OP. Thanks for posting.
I thought this would have been the most unifying thread we've had here in a while..Open hand not closed fist, but some people just can't help themselves. O well, that's about par for the course in 2020.

Reactions: William_In_Texas
I thought this would have been the most unifying thread we've had here in a while..Open hand not closed fist, but some people just can't help themselves. O well, that's about par for the course in 2020.
Well when you blatantly lie about a case to fit your narrative...

Fantastic list. Thankfully we're already making progress on some of these fronts ... bail reform, for instance.

These changes can't occur in a vacuum, though. They have to be accompanied by a wholesale change in the way we train LEOs...as well as an infusion of cash into these often thankless jobs. We have to make being a LEO a highly sought after position.
Interestingly enough...a US Senator who wrote a bill to end no knock raids and even named the bill after Breonna Taylor had to have police protection last night as he and his wife walked to their hotel room in DC. The crowd that was threatening him wanted him to speak Breonna Taylor’s name.

I say this as someone who admires Lebron James, but he speaks about this stuff constantly — to the point where I find myself saying “here we go again.”

Unrelated: Herschel Walker’s tweet is terrific. Wish we could get to that place ASAP.
Right, but only when it fits into his narrative AND doesn't wait for all the facts to be revealed about a case.
You may not like Whitlock, but he's 100% correct on this issue..100% judging a situation based on a 20 second twitter clip, without waiting to see what further evidence comes out(like the 2nd video he describes in his article). Agree about Walker, I feel like he's been/trying to be a unifying voice for both sides.

The broader point is that LeBron speaks out about other types of gun violence and the issues facing the black community ... not just police violence. Also, he pours tons of time and resources into inner city efforts.

He does a shit-ton more than a bunch of randos on an Auburn message board that judge him incessantly, that's for sure.
I think it's more of a PR problem for LeBron, he's just so antagonistic and black and white about certain issues that it becomes pretty off-putting. Add that to his already polarizing "self-centered" personality (Remember when he tried to trademark "Taco Tuesdays" or something like that haha), and the blatant hypocrisy over China, and you got a guy who sure, gives away a lot of money and is passionate, but isn't going to really unite people for a cause.

Reactions: ricedp105
I think it's more of a PR problem for LeBron, he's just so antagonistic and black and white about certain issues that it becomes pretty off-putting. Add that to his already polarizing "self-centered" personality (Remember when he tried to trademark "Taco Tuesdays" or something like that haha), and the blatant hypocrisy over China, and you got a guy who sure, gives away a lot of money and is passionate, but isn't going to really unite people for a cause.
[/QUOTE

That I 100% agree with, but rice was falsely accusing him of not speaking out unless pushing a false narrative, ironically doing so to support his own false narrative

You said he didn’t comply. THE LEAD INVESTIGATOR said he did. Repeat after me: I was wrong. The investigation found he did comply.
The prosecutor said that, the jury didn't agree.
The case against Officer Yanez — believed to be the first time in Minnesota history that an officer was charged in an on-duty fatal shooting — hinged on one central question: Did the officer have reason to fear that Mr. Castile was reaching for a gun that he had acknowledged having with him when he was pulled over by the officer?
“What we’re saying is that he did not follow orders
This is the reason why he was acquitted. "Didn't follow orders"= Didn't comply, based on how the officer perceived the situation, and the jury agreed.

Right, but only when it fits into his narrative

I don't get takes like this ... LeBron has a narrative. You have a narrative. I have a narrative. LeBron doesn't owe you or the public anything. If you and others don't like what he says ... don't support him. However, don't say that he doesn't speak out on issues affecting the black community.

The case against Officer Yanez — believed to be the first time in Minnesota history that an officer was charged in an on-duty fatal shooting — hinged on one central question: Did the officer have reason to fear that Mr. Castile was reaching for a gun that he had acknowledged having with him when he was pulled over by the officer?
This is the reason why he was acquitted. "Didn't follow orders"= Didn't comply, based on how the officer perceived the situation, and the jury agreed.
He was asked for his license and registration. He reached for it. And in a matter of seconds he was shot multiple times. Imagine blaming Castile for that. I guess it’s not too hard to imagine from someone who was literally just making up facts about the case.

You stated it as fact. To pretend that one jury knows more than the lead investigator AND another jury is being deep in the rice fields. Lol. You’re a joke.

Reactions: stutsman23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT