Do you get a flu shot annually?

• Yes

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 73 50.3%
  • Ham sammich

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
There’s literature saying anything anyone wants to believe.

I get a shot every year. I haven’t had the flu in a long time. I’d like to never get it again. I’m gonna die one of these days, but Ima do everything I can to make sure it isn’t due to something truly preventable (or mitigate-able).

I cannot imagine leaving my wife and daughter in a tight spot because I died due to something so straightforward. Hell, I barely ride my bicycle anymore because of all the dumbasses on their phones running into and killing cyclists.
This. I told my wife I would never do it again. Anyone I know that rides have been hit by a car or a near miss. #takemeoffignoreyet,JG?

There’s literature saying anything anyone wants to believe.

I get a shot every year. I haven’t had the flu in a long time. I’d like to never get it again. I’m gonna die one of these days, but Ima do everything I can to make sure it isn’t due to something truly preventable (or mitigate-able).

I cannot imagine leaving my wife and daughter in a tight spot because I died due to something so straightforward. Hell, I barely ride my bicycle anymore because of all the dumbasses on their phones running into and killing cyclists.
Excellent point, but when the vaccine only prevents 1 or 2 cases of influenza out of every 100 shots given, one would hope the long term effects of getting the vaccine every year would be known.

Anyone ever had bad symptoms from the shot itself? I got the vaccine once and felt awful for 2 days. So I haven't gotten it since.
2 days of feeling bad v. 3-4 days of projectile vomiting and diarrhea and then throw in feeling bad ( as in I rather die kinda bad feeling ) for 2-3 more days.... count me in the pro-vax group. Had the flu 2X .... never had it since in the 20+ yrs I've been getting the vax.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: gatorz1209
Excellent point, but when the vaccine only prevents 1 or 2 cases of influenza out of every 100 shots given, one would hope the long term effects of getting the vaccine every year would be known.
I read a piece of literature indicating that you aren’t a credible source on anything relating to my life. Gotcha!

Where are you getting those statistics?

Reactions: Guy Forks
Let’s not turn this in to a pissing contest. As I get older, I wonder if it’s something to consider getting yearly.
To each their own. All I can say from my experience is, had the shot 4 times, the last 2 times I took it I got the Flu within days. I don't get it any more and haven't had the Flu in over 10 years.

No!!! I take care of my body and live/eat healthy. I don’t trust anything these sickos wanna inject into us nowadays

• Haha
The only thing about your post I really believe is that you are not a doctor. I'll gladly read any article you wanna link that scientifically supports your point .... please, not some story written by a crazie.

The only thing about your post I really believe is that you are not a doctor. I'll gladly read any article you wanna link that scientifically supports your point .... please, not some story written by a crazie.
He also said the covid vaccine was going to be terrible for me. His rampant skepticism regarding the COVID-19 vaccines (too many Bunker posts to link) led me to believe it was unsafe, which is misleading at best and patently false at worst.

I’ve had four shots of it and soon will be going in for a fifth. Doing great!

Last edited:
Where are you getting those statistics?
I've got them at home saved on my computer. Influenza rates vary year to year but the last time I did the math on an average year, about 8 out of 100 people got the flu. I've seen numbers slightly higher but usually less than 15 out of 100. If you vaccinate 100 people, based on the efficacy rates of the influenza vaccine, about 6.6 people would contract the flu instead of 8. That's 1 or 2 less people getting the flu because of vaccination.

I haven't checked since COVID but the influenza vaccine was less than 50% effective five years in a row. It was 19% one year.

My dad’s 86 and has had the flu twice in his life. Both times were when he had the flu shot. He was in the USAF for 27 years and it’s a requirement to got the flu shot. After getting the because of the shot the AF gave him a exception.

Reactions: War Eagle Girl
He also said the covid vaccine was going to be terrible for me. I’ve had four shots of it and soon will be going in for a fifth. Doing great!
I've had 'em all including 2nd booster. Not one single issue. No fever No soreness. Got Flu shot same morning as 2nd booster. Was at the gym same day at 5:30pm without any issues. ( Now to be 100% honest, one of my dogs did say I was a bit cranky when I got home ... but he is 13 yrs old & can barely hear or see so what does he know? )

Reactions: GONIG BUCK
2 days of feeling bad v. 3-4 days of projectile vomiting and diarrhea and then throw in feeling bad ( as in I rather die kinda bad feeling ) for 2-3 more days.... count me in the pro-vax group. Had the flu 2X .... never had it since in the 20+ yrs I've been getting the vax.
Umm this isn't what the flu shot is preventing lol. That would be a stomach virus, or food poisoning. No vaccine for that bruh

I do yes, I kinda have to for work. I work on development and generation of candidate vaccine viruses for influenza so it's best practices since I work with Flu year round.

This season is going to be a heavy H3N2 season, best to get the cell grown Flucelvax (Seqirus) at Publix and I think CVS also offers it now.

I normally get it every year, but I got the flu this year before I got my vaccine.

I used to work at a job that required you get it every year or sign a waiver and be looked upon as a heretic. When I left that job I didn't get it the following year and got the flu for the first time in forever. I haven't gotten it during the COVID years because it wasn't spreading like usual due to all the precautions people were taking, but it has really ramped up this year and I know a ton of people who've had bad cases of it. So I'll most likely get it soon.

Got mine yesterday. I was on the fence but it’s rampant here in Trussville at the moment and apparently it’s a rough strain. Plus I’m in and out of the hospital for a few more weeks so I figured I might as well. Think I’ve had it every year for the last 5-6. Prior to then I had never gotten it and never had the flu.

Reactions: Nick Pearce
Lmao. Like a vaccine is going to elicit calm, collected conversation.
And someone asks this EVERY year on the bunker. Why I don't know. Who cares who gets the shot.

Hubby has had the 5 shots for Covid and the flu shot because he travels so much. Me ~ no. I'm done with the covid vax after 3 (only because I needed for international travel). Too much happening in my body this year to keep on putting stuff in it. I'll be okay and if not then I made my OWN decision whether I'm gonna die or not. Which one day I will anyway. :cool:

I have had one flu shot in my adult life, in 2012. It was required to go to Afghanistan to work. Other than that, nope.

Went ahead and got one. The little guy catches everything at daycare so it made sense. If I catch it, the vaccine should reduce symptoms.

Let’s not turn this in to a pissing contest. As I get older, I wonder if it’s something to consider getting yearly.
It's generally free if you have insurance, no side effects to speak of, and might prevent you from getting a shitty case of the flu. Arm might be sore for a day or two. Overall, not a bad deal. Got my shot today.

It's generally free if you have insurance, no side effects to speak of, and might prevent you from getting a shitty case of the flu. Arm might be sore for a day or two. Overall, not a bad deal. Got my shot today.
Exactly. Just made sense.

Reactions: cscott4au
When I need advice on medical issues or input on topics such as global warming I always consult the learned opinions of Hollywood actors and actresses or sixteen-year-old Swedish school girls named Greta.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT