Do you get a flu shot annually?

• Yes

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 73 50.3%
  • Ham sammich

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Let’s not turn this in to a pissing contest. As I get older, I wonder if it’s something to consider getting yearly.
It's a valid question OP. It's a risk vs benefit type situation. Once you know the risks and benefits, you can make your decision. Just make sure you get the correct information when you get your risks and benefits.

Never consistently, not sure I’ve ever had the flu. Considering the shot now that I have a kid in daycare, he brings home all sorts of stuff that gets me sick.
That’s a big reason why I’m thinking it’s a good idea. Even if it reduces symptoms, I really don’t want the symptoms as bad as I had last time. Ruined a snowboarding trip in montana for me.

Let’s not turn this in to a pissing contest. As I get older, I wonder if it’s something to consider getting yearly.
Probably depends some on your age. I didn’t for 40 years and never got it either. I get them now as my wife just makes a family appt and then I go. I was always too lazy to do it before. I heard the flu isn’t fun to have. Lol

Reactions: gatorz1209
I've only ever gotten it twice. This year before my daughter was born and in 2020 before my son was born. Just wanted to make sure I was doing what I could to not bring that home with a brand new baby.

Outside of that, no I don't ever get it and probably wont.

Reactions: NovaTiger256
When I had it there was a 24 hour period when I wanted to die.
Didn’t realize it when we left but I had the flu when we went to a road basketball game at Ole Miss a few years ago. Since I drove up there, I was trying to drive back as well and started to hallucinate on the late night drive back.

When we finally got back, it definitely felt like my world was about to end for a few hours

Reactions: Mikecb22
As you age, the efficacy of the flu shot decreases. This is mostly due to one's immune response and why Senior Citizens often get the HD version of the flu shot.

Anyone ever had bad symptoms from the shot itself? I got the vaccine once and felt awful for 2 days. So I haven't gotten it since.

Most years I do, I'm 35 and have only had the flu once, I think. But it was not fun at all. Got mine a few weeks ago at the same time as my bivalent Covid booster.

The one time I got the shot, oddly enough I got the flu...
There is literature out there that shows getting the influenza vaccine increases one's chances of acquiring lung infections, but it did not show an increase in influenza infections.

First and last one I had was 1990. I gotta say. Thats a helluva vaccine. Because, I haven't had the flu since. Come to think of it though, i don't remember ever having it before then either.

Yeah, I usually have a sore arm. Goes away pretty quickly for me.
Sore arm isn't so bad. But I had flu symptoms and a low-grade fever. Just felt bad. It's scared me away haha. I've had the flu once in the last 20 years. Jumped on a prednisone and Tamiflu really quick. It was gone in 2 days. Felt mostly fine. This was 6-7 years ago

There is literature out there that shows getting the influenza vaccine increases one's chances of acquiring lung infections, but it did not show an increase in influenza infections.
There’s literature saying anything anyone wants to believe.

I get a shot every year. I haven’t had the flu in a long time. I’d like to never get it again. I’m gonna die one of these days, but Ima do everything I can to make sure it isn’t due to something truly preventable (or mitigate-able).

I cannot imagine leaving my wife and daughter in a tight spot because I died due to something so straightforward. Hell, I barely ride my bicycle anymore because of all the dumbasses on their phones running into and killing cyclists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT