Didn't read the board first. Ya'll see the segregated training materials targeting "whites people"

Discussion in 'Dear Diary' started by eagle91, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Robino26

Robino26 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit, you have completely gone off the rails. Look, I genuinely enjoy 90% of your posts but this is getting ridiculous with you putting words in my mouth. We’re not on the same page here, that’s fine, I’d still smoke a bowl and share my bourbon with you any day. I’m just going to enjoy the rest of my evening, hope you do as well.

2. Hornacious

Hornacious MINISTER OF BRACKETS
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Driving a riding lawn mower to the gas station to buy beer is white culture.

Thrill, warchief64, Marbrand and 5 others like this.
  3. WirelessDamnEngineer85

WirelessDamnEngineer85 First Round Draft Pick
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I hear you. I'm sure I'm misunderstanding. I just think the "we shouldn't see color" approach isn't practical in 2020. Perhaps by 2120 if things go well? Who knows. I'm sure my Irish forefathers would be rolling in their graves if they could see the apathy I have for my Irish roots and their ancient struggles.

Thrill, DLucky and Robino26 like this.
  4. bprockmanv3.0

bprockmanv3.0 YOUR 'GOOD' UNCLE
    Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

Great points. Most whites will not understand. I have witness first hand how racism effects blacks. I been arrested and stopped many times being with my black friends. I been in a store with my black friends and security called us for no reason. I been at a tailgate in Auburn and people making racial comments and jokes while I am there with my son and nothing being said to them. I can say some much more but don't want to get band for telling most on here how I truly feel. Both races need to make a change but white for one need to try and truly understand what a lot blacks go through or been through.

5. Knotted Shorts

Knotted Shorts RESIDENT PRUDE
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

6. S T E R L I N G

S T E R L I N G All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m going to climb out on a limb and say that segregation is a bad idea.

7. yy4u

yy4u First Round Draft Pick
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Except for the Dutch......

8. tigerh

tigerh All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, most in the media and on the left would say part of white culture is to be racist - so is it ok that we celebrate our white culture?

9. jcmango

jcmango All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Need more “culture” in your post but otherwise fantastic. My Man!

Thrill and Knotted Shorts like this.
  10. au4life_rz

au4life_rz First Round Draft Pick
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

B.E.T. was never, ever about celebrating only one culture, or segregating. It addressed a niche in the market to produce content that would appeal to blacks, but only because all of the other major network stations were effectively W.E.T.'s, that wouldn't produce that content for blacks who were only 13% of the population.

It's a shame that anyone would twist something like B.E.T. and the like and pitch it as discrimination, but that's what race pimps like Limbaugh and Tucker Carson do to make their millions. Even more amazing is that anyone would fall for that. I do wish that BLM would change their name to Black Lives Matter Too, just to remove that dumb talking point for the extremely ignorant, and partisan race pimps and such that trick people into thinking that their intent is to say that ONLY black lives matter. Again, it's just amazing that anyone would fall for such simple tricks.

50 au4life_rz, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  11. MrMcGillicutty

MrMcGillicutty First Round Draft Pick
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I don’t see how you can say white people are just white with no culture but everyone else has culture that must be celebrated. Unless I’m falling for a troll.

brazilnut, j4au_1 and auburnra like this.
  12. au4life_rz

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Honest question. Do we not celebrate majority culture? Are there major cultural elements, (or really, sub-cultural elements too), that are left out and need to be celebrated? I believe most holidays, key majority figures in history and such are indeed celebrated and represented in history books and such.

They started the black history month thing because so many key black figures, inventors and cultural elements were NOT represented in history books, taught in schools and such. Somebody thought it would be good to mention key accomplishments and let black kids, (and folks in general), know that blacks had indeed contributed to society and achieved noteworthy things, (because so much had been suppressed and wasn't talked about due to the laws and attitudes of the land). I mean, do you and others liking your posts really not understand this???

It's rather simple. Someone thought it would be a good thing to encourage black kids, and instill a "you can do" attitude by giving them examples and something to be proud of. Do you disagree? Do you feel that majority accomplishments were repressed, not taught in schools, not in the history books etc.?

AU ID 2013 and bprockmanv3.0 like this.
  13. au4life_rz

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, one of the biggest problems is that if you've never experienced it firsthand, it's very easy to believe that it doesn't exist, and folks are just making excuses and looking for something to whine about.

I understand this, and it's why I'm very patient when explaining things to my white friends and co-workers. They've lived their lives for many years and have never experienced certain thing or behavior from LEO's etc., so it can make it difficult to believe something if you've never really hung with blacks and experienced things for yourself, (let alone experienced them being done TO you, your family and friends).

53 au4life_rz, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    jcmango, bprockmanv3.0 and furr623 like this.
  14. TheValleyTiger

TheValleyTiger All-SEC
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It was said there's no such thing as "White Culture" bc white people in this country have always pulled the strings in too many different directions. Phuckin white people....that's why there's no tolerable celebration or history month for whites. So I'd have to disagree, there's def a white culture in America, it just happens to be the most divisive culture in the history of man.

54 TheValleyTiger, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  15. eagle91

eagle91 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m in love with girl number one.

16. alphatiger08

alphatiger08 First Round Draft Pick
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

17. yy4u

yy4u First Round Draft Pick
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Segregating culture is still segregation......

We live in a multi-cultural nation, partly by accident, partly by experiment. No guarantees regardless.

But for it to truly work, it has to involve a middle ground of mixing the best from all cultures, and accentuating that, while reducing the focus on the negative parts of each culture. Easier to say than do obviously.

There is good and bad within all of us. Each individual culture a mix of that as well. Each group of individuals has it too. Good and bad, hard working and lazy, happy and mad, peaceful and violent. Getting the best out of the most is the progress needed.

It starts with encouragement, hope, real opportunity, respect, education, building self-esteem, peacefulness, productive hard work, and involved role models interacting.

Political reform and volunteerism is needed to address these root causes directly. Otherwise, we can’t protest our way out of the issues. We can’t arrest our way out of it either.

The sooner the better too, because many already are not willing to see that as a solution they are willing to work and sacrifice for.

TheValleyTiger and tigerh like this.
  18. auburnra

auburnra First Round Draft Pick
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And herein lies an unspoken issue.

Our race's cultures in America are pretty different in a lot of places. Yes, we live in America and have a ton of similarities, but there are also a lot of differences that can make people uncomfortable around a person of a different race.

That isn't racism. That is culturalism... and it isn't a bad word, it is what it is.

I am friends with lots of folks of different races.... we might not look the same, but for the most part we have the same values - why? Because we were raised in a culture that promoted those values.

Is it racist if you have disagreements about someone's culture? It gets boiled down to 'racism' because people don't have the fortitude or philosophical honesty to discuss why they might have an unfavorable opinion of someone.

example: If I were walking on a sidewalk at night and a couple of hicks were walking the opposite direction coming towards me....
    I wouldn't feel comfortable, because hicks have a stigma of being ignorant... and ignorant people do stupid things.
    Replace hicks with a number of examples:
    20ish something loud obnoxious guys (any race) - stigma of being unpredictable or violent,
    young black men, - same
    old scraggly looking mother fckers - stigma of violence or robbery

Now.... take one of the groups I mentioned.... and imagine for the next 5 years every time you saw one of those groups they treated you like a long-lost best friend. Well, you'd be excited to see them.... appearance (race) be damned. Please, let that sink in....

People are so stupid. We're like a cat chasing a laser pointer... trying to catch the impossible because what is illuminated isn't real - it isn't the real problem.

This isn't a racist country. There are some racists in it, from every race... but they are not the majority.

Most people want to get along. Most people try to live by the Golden Rule. Most people would like to be nice and in turn be treated nicely.

It makes me sad and frustrated that this shit is actually an issue. I wish people would grow the hell up... act like adults and take responsibility for themselves.

That is the type of culture I want to live in. And what is sad is, that used to be the norm.

19. CJ3131

CJ3131 PAPA BARE
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

20. alphatiger08

alphatiger08 First Round Draft Pick
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

She should literally be every man’s hall pass...

Knotted Shorts and CJ3131 like this.
  21. CJ3131

CJ3131 PAPA BARE
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

YES!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Docdumpsta

22. Sogger

Sogger Redshirt Freshman
    Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

That's how your judging the African American culture?

23. orientalthunder

orientalthunder First Round Draft Pick
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

We are not as divided and angry as they want us to think we are and segregationist on both sides are an extreme minority the media wants you to believe is larger.

But it appears many here have gone for the low hanging fruit and taken the skin color bait. Open that tweet and look at the training they are receiving in Seattle. According to their progressive doctrin there is no fixing this issue no matter how penitent you may be for they way you look when you were born. It doesn’t end according to their definitions. Skin color is just what they are using right now to push the same agenda with the same tactics the Culteral Revolution used. It’s a brain washing technique.

This is a struggle session. This isn’t a white and black thing. This is political ideology turned into a religion.

aler likes this.
  24. SpreadAttackU18

SpreadAttackU18 First Round Draft Pick
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That’s the other 11 months

25. Brent4AU2

Brent4AU2 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I wish that BLM actually cared about black lives.

26. Brent4AU2

Brent4AU2 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It would have to be sponsored by one of the big three credit reporting agencies, obviously.

warchief64 likes this.
  27. Nate King

Nate King All-American
    Staff
    Expand Collapse

any reason you spelled y'all like that?

WarDamnEagle likes this.
  28. WarDamnEagle

WarDamnEagle I AM GUS-PROOF
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

29. cdh72469

cdh72469 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

All you have to do is read the BLM corporation's mission statement, unless it has been scrubbed because folks are figuring out who they really are - marxists.

30. William_In_Texas

William_In_Texas All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nailed it. Culture matters. And not all cultures are equal.

orientalthunder and auburnra like this.
  31. brazilnut

brazilnut All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Seems like we are at the point in society where those accomplishments can just be taught with all of the other accomplishments of the "majority" that are already represented... you know, instead of having a specific month dedicated to one race's representation. Maybe we haven't come that far, but that seems like a stretch to me. I imagine most newly published history books go above and beyond to include minority culture. Hell, the ridiculous 1619 project is going to be taught in schools apparently (which is beyond ridiculous imo). There are examples of segregationist actions and ideals all throughout society now, and strangely it is the woke mobs that are pushing for this. Not sure how any of that can be construed as a good thing.

WarDamnEagle likes this.
  32. Sir Hiss

Sir Hiss MR. PISS AND VINEGAR
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Being white for starters.

33. mathu99

mathu99 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

High credit score.

34. CowardlyToaster

CowardlyToaster <REDACTED>
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Decent discussion on the first page almost always falls apart on page 2.

35. WirelessDamnEngineer85

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Credit scores are dumb and probably pretty racist

mine is 800

36. Knotted Shorts

Knotted Shorts RESIDENT PRUDE
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

LoL at 800. You late on your credit card bill every month or something?

37. WirelessDamnEngineer85

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I let your mother cosign so she could build enough credit to finance that sybian she always wanted

Thrill, warchief64 and Knotted Shorts like this.
  38. au4life_rz

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The quickest way to obviate the need for "black history month", is to simply teach black history with U.S. history and ....."bam", it's gone. Had we done that to a reasonable degree back when we should have, we'd have never had a need to establish a separate black history month, or B.E.T. etc.

I'll be glad when we no longer have a need for special things that could offend others or be misunderstood as unfair or divisive treatment. I'm all about complete togetherness and unity to the greatest degree possible.

brazilnut likes this.