ADVERTISEMENT

Did we really hire an anti-vaxxer as head coach?

Dr. Sean Brooks (PhD Oxford University)

I hope and pray Dr. Sean Brooks is crazy/wrong. He is absolutely correct about his reference regarding Dr. Robert Malone the inventor of the mRNA vaccine. Unfortunately, this is as believable as the other bullshit information regarding china-virus and/or the experiment mitigation therapy serum injection. I'll NEVER take the vaccine but unfortunately my daughter ('11) a Nurse Practitioner took the J&J in obedience to her employer... she now regrets it but happy she took the J&J instead of the other jabs.

Reactions: Gusmus
You don’t get it at all do you. This isn’t about the vaccine or the virus. It’s about football. Harsin’s actions have made it exponentially more likelier Auburn will forfeit a game. It’s a remarkably stupid move for a coach early in his tenure and he deserves all the scorn he receives for it.
Which actions?

Well, some would prefer he be a little more pro vax with his team and corches considering the rules based on percentage vaxxed. Whether you agree or not, is up to you, just answering yore question.
But you didn’t answer the question. In what way is Harsin not being pro vax?

You don’t get it at all do you. This isn’t about the vaccine or the virus. It’s about football. Harsin’s actions have made it exponentially more likelier Auburn will forfeit a game. It’s a remarkably stupid move for a coach early in his tenure and he deserves all the scorn he receives for it.
Take your ball and ho home.

Well, he’s been completely silent publicly and unwilling to discuss his vaccine status. In some peoples opinions, that’s not exactly the actions of someone trying to get his squad vaxxed for the season. Maybe you disagree, again that’s cool if you do.

Reactions: KilgoreTrout
But the percentage chance that you get it if you are vaxxed is a fraction of the chance that you get it if unvaxxesd. You get that right? It’s not a joke.

It's not a huge gap. I know lots of people vaxed who have or had COVID. Stop believing everything they tell you. Hell 17% of UAB COVID hospitalizations are vaxxed.

He won’t discuss it at all much less advocate for it. AU vax rates are by all reports much lower than those of our rivals like UA/UGA/OM. There is nothing inherently different about the AU players than those of the other schools mentioned. It seems a logical conclusion is the variable that is different is encouragement from leadership to get vaccinated.

It's not a huge gap. I know lots of people vaxed who have or had COVID. Stop believing everything they tell you. Hell 17% of UAB COVID hospitalizations are vaxxed.
It is a huge gap. Orders of magnitude different. Stop relying on personal and anecdotal information

Well, he’s been completely silent publicly and unwilling to discuss his vaccine status. In some peoples opinions, that’s not exactly the actions of someone trying to get his squad vaxxed for the season. Maybe you disagree, again that’s cool if you do.
Just seems like a huge assumption to me. And quite honestly a reach. I would assume he was told not to discuss it. The difference here is I am not attacking someone with zero evidence. Do you get that?

Just seems like a huge assumption to me. And quite honestly a reach. I would assume he was told not to discuss it. The difference here is I am not attacking someone with zero evidence. Do you get that?
We disagree. Again, that’s cool.

And I’m not attacking him, just stating my opinion and answering your question based on MY OPINION

So, if Coach doesn't believe in the experimental mitigation therapy injection he's an "anti-vaxxer"? What a maroon are you... but kerryon. Amazingly enough, Coach Harsin clearly hasn't a spirit of fear of a china virus with which he has less than a .001 chance of hospitalization/death, nor do I. How do you have time to bunker? Your chubby ass should be woggling out to procure some toilet paper and paper masks.
eXpErImEnTaL mItIgAtIoN tHeRaPy - FOH, man

Football is fun, and it's very important in the South but you don't put it above the health, well-being, or desires of the young men playing by mandating a new medical technology that we have absolutely ZERO data on for the mid-term and long-term, (especially considering that the risk to that demographic is relatively low to very low).

If it were a no-brainer, then yeah, mandate it, but with something this new, you absolutely should not, and cannot justify mandating that folks who never guinea-pig new drugs or techniques, take something into their body that we do not have usage data for across the full life-cycle. It's VERY bad science, and really, not science at all if you don't have data.

If we develop another vaccine option based on the tried and true classical vaccine technology used for the Polio, measles and DTaP vaccines etc., then it becomes a no-brainer since we have decades of usage data. Let's not put our selfish concerns ahead of others when it comes to really tough personal health decisions like this. Sounds as if Harsin has his priorities in order.

Everyone should read this
I read it. It wasn’t very definitive. It talked a lot about concerns and unknowns and possibilities—kind of a pot stirrer article. The data seem to indicate an uptick of breakthrough cases likely linked to the D variant. That makes sense. The only data cited in the article from NY and CO indicated breakthrough cases were 4-7% of new cases—meaning non vaxxed are 93-96%. So get vaccinated.

I read it. It wasn’t very definitive. It talked a lot about concerns and unknowns and possibilities—kind of a pot stirrer article. The data seem to indicate an uptick of breakthrough cases likely linked to the D variant. That makes sense. The only data cited in the article from NY and CO indicated breakthrough cases were 4-7% of new cases—meaning non vaxxed are 93-96%. So get vaccinated.

Please. Let's have a mature, civil discussion. I don't want to argue.

1) Do you mention the fact that there's a possibility that having COVID could lead to long term health issues? Does that not qualify as "unknowns and possibilities"? Do you see that as "pot-stirring" too. For too many, terms like "misinformation" and "FUD" and "pot-stirring" only occur in one direction, but it's okay for them to do those same things to promote vaccination.

2) Do you believe there's any way we can come close to accurately determining the number of breakthrough cases? If we don't have any idea how many fully vaccinated folks have a significant viral load, or contract COVID asymptomatically, or very mildly like a cold, then it's pointless to say "only 4%-7% of new cases are fully vaxxed people", right?

We've been burned enough through this thing multiple times, by doing bad science, and using bad data, and it blows my mind that more experts don't realize that there is no accurate way to determine how many fully vaccinated folks have breakthrough levels of the virus to potentially allow it to mutate, and most importantly, to be hidden spreaders of COVID.

Last edited:
@AUfamily82, you couldn't be more wrong. You may have gotten some misinformation, but mRNA vaccines are definitely new, and we DEFINITELY do not have any usage data for any of the life-cycle, except the short-term.

Now, if the data and studies are accurate, it's VERY safe in the short-term, but don't buy into the misinformation that it's been around for decades. That is a lie. It's brand new, and that's why it's NOT a no-brainer for folks to take it, and you can't slam Harsin and others for not necessarily wanting to put something experimental in their bodies. Some folks don't guinea-pig any new drugs period, and it's complete CRAZY for folks to allow themselves to be brainwashed into thinking it's a no-brainer decision, and okay to mandate etc.

The only way it would be a no-brainer, is if they create a 3rd vaccine option based on the tried and true classical vaccine technology that we have decades of usage data on.

I’m not asking anyone to partake in something that don’t want to, but mRNA vaccines have been used in small scale trials for over two decades. This isn’t misinformation, opinion or hearsay. It’s just a fact, one I’ve not only read about but I e I’ve discussed quite a bit with my epidemiologist neighbor and close family friend.

I’m not asking anyone to partake in something that don’t want to, but mRNA vaccines have been used in small scale trials for over two decades. This isn’t misinformation, opinion or hearsay. It’s just a fact, one I’ve not only read about but I e I’ve discussed quite a bit with my epidemiologist neighbor and close family friend.

Is it possible at all that you are mistaken? The companies themselves even refer to these as novel vaccines.

We absolutely know that this is the first time mRNA has been used enmasse and we do NOT have any scientifically significant data for any phase except the short-term. If I'm not mistaken, we were still really struggling, even with the delivery mechanism and such two decades ago, so I don't believe it's accurate to represent the vaccines we are using today, as being 20+ year old technology.

We aren't talking about the R&D period where it was being developed, but instead, it's actual use in humans and the resulting scientifically meaningful sample size of data from usage across the life-cycle. If you are saying we have that data, it's great. I'd love to see it. Can you provide a link to the clinical trials that you are referring?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT