ADVERTISEMENT

Another year, another NC

Bowl season is almost becoming anti-climactic for us Bama fans.

What bowl do you guys think you will play in next year when we return to the playoffs for the third straight season?
I bet you got all "tingly" when Poppy "liked" your post!!! Congrats on the win, Sidewalk Billy. Great game and well played!! The onside kick call was a great idea!! Oh yeah, I'll ask this again...When did you graduate from UAT?

I bet you got all "tingly" when Poppy "liked" your post!!! Congrats on the win, Sidewalk Billy. Great game and well played!! The onside kick call was a great idea!! Oh yeah, I'll ask this again...When did you graduate from UAT?
Why do you have such a deep emotional investment in something as trivial as "likes" on a damn message board? Really man? Who do you expect to take you seriously when you get wrapped around the axle about something that inane and meaningless IRL?

Or maybe - these message boards really DO matter to you?

Why do you have such a deep emotional investment in something as trivial as "likes" on a damn message board? Really man? Who do you expect to take you seriously when you get wrapped around the axle about something that inane and meaningless IRL?

Or maybe - these message boards really DO matter to you?
Are you angry now??? LOL So easy to mess with you li'l Sidewalk Billy!!!

a
It's pity, not anger.

Poor av8r. Lol

A picture improves a post. Rooooow Damn Thde!
bama-arrested.jpg

It's pity, not anger.

Poor av8r. Lol
Pity? For what? The fact that I went to the school I cheer for? The fact that I have a great job, family, home, life, etc.? Poor Sidewalk Billy!!!! Life is rough in the trailer park, but at least you have your sidewalk bammer championships to make you feel better. Oh yeah and we can't forget your impressive e-life!! LOL

Pity? For what? The fact that I went to the school I cheer for? The fact that I have a great job, family, home, life, etc.? Poor Sidewalk Billy!!!! Life is rough in the trailer park, but at least you have your sidewalk bammer championships to make you feel better. Oh yeah and we can't forget your impressive e-life!! LOL
I seriously doubt you have half of the things you claim. Can't fool everyone with your empty talk and claims.

For perspective and to better understand how Auburn and the University of Alabama are different I highly recommend the book: Auburn Man, The Life and Times of George Petrie by Mike Jerrigan. In essence in the 1920s Auburn and Bama took separate paths that define their educational missions and priorities. The decisions made 90 years ago still linger in the DNA of both institutions today. One has to remember that in the 1920s the South was much like a feudal kingdom, plagued by disease (pellagra in particular) and an economic backwater. Auburn, like most Land Grant universities went in the direction of concentrating its academic programs to feed, clothe, house and heal all its citizens and the University of Alabama made a conscious decision to bring notoriety and “prestige” to the white citizens of Alabama by having a successful football team. Bama won the 1927 Rose Bowl and by doing so set the stage for football fluff to be what distinguishes Bama to this day.

- See more at: http://trackemtigers.com/is-auburn-built-to-compete-with-alabama/#sthash.f8THhogY.dpuf

For perspective and to better understand how Auburn and the University of Alabama are different I highly recommend the book: Auburn Man, The Life and Times of George Petrie by Mike Jerrigan. In essence in the 1920s Auburn and Bama took separate paths that define their educational missions and priorities. The decisions made 90 years ago still linger in the DNA of both institutions today. One has to remember that in the 1920s the South was much like a feudal kingdom, plagued by disease (pellagra in particular) and an economic backwater. Auburn, like most Land Grant universities went in the direction of concentrating its academic programs to feed, clothe, house and heal all its citizens and the University of Alabama made a conscious decision to bring notoriety and “prestige” to the white citizens of Alabama by having a successful football team. Bama won the 1927 Rose Bowl and by doing so set the stage for football fluff to be what distinguishes Bama to this day.

- See more at: http://trackemtigers.com/is-auburn-built-to-compete-with-alabama/#sthash.f8THhogY.dpuf
If that is the case, why is Alabama regarded as the best institution in the state?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/care...each-state/ss-BBnZ8W8?ocid=spartandhp#image=2

If that is the case, why is Alabama regarded as the best institution in the state?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/care...each-state/ss-BBnZ8W8?ocid=spartandhp#image=2
To whomever, it is not my desire or intention to make you appear stupid. However, you should know that these ranking are much like beauty contests and ephemeral at best. So Bama has an unlimited football budget with gold-plated football facilities, why is that not enough for you? History is what it is.

To whomever, it is not my desire or intention to make you appear stupid. However, you should know that these ranking are much like beauty contests and ephemeral at best. So Bama has an unlimited football budget with gold-plated football facilities, why is that not enough for you? History is what it is.
So you don't have an answer?

Let’s just say what most people think about the University of Alabama. Its football pursuits justify its identity with an uneducated backward white population and a symbolic link to the Lost Cause they hold so dear. Much in the same way as D.W. Griffith’s movie The Birth of a Nation encouraged the worst elements of southern society a hundred years ago; Bama football still encourages a similar backward behavior from a large segment of its fan base today. The Crimson Tide football team is an outlet for their lunatic fringe fans and gives them a venue to be recognized.

Bama fans overestimate the “esteem” of being the last college football factory and unwittingly rob themselves of the very reverence they crave by their boorish and obsessive behavior. They defend the indefensible and deny the undeniable. Their unhealthy emotional stake in Bama football substitutes for their own lack of personal acknowledgement and respect. Thus driven by extreme emotion they have delusions and commit unconscionable often violent actions (Harvey Updyke and others). Even Nick Saban contributes to the lunacy by comparing losing a football game to the Pearl Harbor and 911 tragedies when thousands of Americans lost their lives.

Also the University of Alabama’s misplaced priorities of gold-plated football fluff over economic substance harms the state’s citizens with a false bravado of football. History reveals that the holy crusade of Bama football acts as an impediment to social and economic progress. For instance the University of Alabama administration allows white-only sororities to continue their policy of banning African-American females from membership. Ironic that most of the precocious Bama “student athletes” are African-American but their daughters and sisters can be excluded from university sororities.

It is well known that when a university simply reflects the attitudes of its football fans it is no longer a university in the true meaning of the word. Football has stalled the University of Alabama’s transformation into a modern university with intellectual, aesthetic or humanistic concerns. The reality is that the NCAA would actually do the University of Alabama a favor by handing down the Death Penalty for its football team. Then perhaps finally its faculty, alumni and students might appreciate the scholarship and learning that mark a university with intellectual fiber and integrity.

And so it is that “roll tide” is the mortifying apology for those who are either naive or without individual self-respect or dignity.

Reactions: Danny555

What bowl do you guys think you will play in next year when we return to the playoffs for the third straight season?
To answer your question, I'm thinking outback or music city. I'm trying to hold out hope for better.

PS.. I have no idea why people feed trolls.

To answer your question, I'm thinking outback or music city. I'm trying to hold out hope for better.

PS.. I have no idea why people feed trolls.
See av8r? You can just answer the question and avoid a lot of crap. I think this prediction is reasonable as long as auburn doesn't implode a la 2012.

I ll bet Krystal gave you unpaid leave to watch the updyke game. Or did they put a TV above the sink where you wash dishes.

I ll bet Krystal gave you unpaid leave to watch the updyke game. Or did they put a TV above the sink where you wash dishes.
Updyke never attended a single class at the State University. He actually attended Vandy. Do you steal laptops? You people put up a statue to the AU icon who did. So can we call you Newtons?

Apologies for the trees...they were dying anyway from the surfactants in toilet paper, leaf damage from chlorine and high pressure washing..... and two fires set by the Cult fans.

Feel better?

See av8r? You can just answer the question and avoid a lot of crap. I think this prediction is reasonable as long as auburn doesn't implode a la 2012.
Good point!! Where did you go to college??? "You can just answer the question and avoid a lot of crap." Now let's see how you avoid this one, Sidewalk Billy!!! LOL

"No Goober -but I just got a 5th" Is this what the Bahr said on his way home from the liquor store?? ;-)

Ole Bahr sure did drink a lot... But he was a sweet drunk. ..he never broke his wife's jaw. Does Pat " where are my pants" drink a bit of Wild Turkey? Why did Sue divorce his drunk abusive ass? Why did you name a field after a scumbag like that? Is a statue next?

Serious question...Does your most prominent alum hold the ears of an Asian boy every night?? Is that tea-bagging?? yes or no?

I'll wait for the Tim Cook fambulleeeehhh to come to his defense. You should put Tim on defense... he will absolutely pound their azzes hard for 60 minutes! Especially if they are young Asians

Last edited:
Reactions: billywaynebammer
I forgot about Dye losing his pants. Hey Sanctions and av8r - was Dye still fambuleeeh after he lost his pants at the lake? Maybe you guys should ask about how he lost them.

Ole Bahr sure did drink a lot... But he was a sweet drunk. ..he never broke his wife's jaw. Does Pat " where are my pants" drink a bit of Wild Turkey? Why did Sue divorce his drunk abusive ass? Why did you name a field after a scumbag like that? Is a statue next?

Serious question...Does your most prominent alum hold the ears of an Asian boy every night?? Is that tea-bagging?? yes or no?

I'll wait for the Tim Cook fambulleeeehhh to come to his defense. You should put Tim on defense... he will absolutely pound their azzes hard for 60 minutes! Especially if they are young Asians

bama gator is fantasizing about being Asian again.

Let’s just say what most people think about the University of Alabama. Its football pursuits justify its identity with an uneducated backward white population and a symbolic link to the Lost Cause they hold so dear. Much in the same way as D.W. Griffith’s movie The Birth of a Nation encouraged the worst elements of southern society a hundred years ago; Bama football still encourages a similar backward behavior from a large segment of its fan base today. The Crimson Tide football team is an outlet for their lunatic fringe fans and gives them a venue to be recognized.

Bama fans overestimate the “esteem” of being the last college football factory and unwittingly rob themselves of the very reverence they crave by their boorish and obsessive behavior. They defend the indefensible and deny the undeniable. Their unhealthy emotional stake in Bama football substitutes for their own lack of personal acknowledgement and respect. Thus driven by extreme emotion they have delusions and commit unconscionable often violent actions (Harvey Updyke and others). Even Nick Saban contributes to the lunacy by comparing losing a football game to the Pearl Harbor and 911 tragedies when thousands of Americans lost their lives.

Also the University of Alabama’s misplaced priorities of gold-plated football fluff over economic substance harms the state’s citizens with a false bravado of football. History reveals that the holy crusade of Bama football acts as an impediment to social and economic progress. For instance the University of Alabama administration allows white-only sororities to continue their policy of banning African-American females from membership. Ironic that most of the precocious Bama “student athletes” are African-American but their daughters and sisters can be excluded from university sororities.

It is well known that when a university simply reflects the attitudes of its football fans it is no longer a university in the true meaning of the word. Football has stalled the University of Alabama’s transformation into a modern university with intellectual, aesthetic or humanistic concerns. The reality is that the NCAA would actually do the University of Alabama a favor by handing down the Death Penalty for its football team. Then perhaps finally its faculty, alumni and students might appreciate the scholarship and learning that mark a university with intellectual fiber and integrity.

And so it is that “roll tide” is the mortifying apology for those who are either naive or without individual self-respect or dignity.
@Bama_Gator and @Pops Masterson did either of you read this diatribe? It reminds me a bit of "something unexpected happened" with a touch of Navid Nousel.

Reactions: Bama_Gator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT