ADVERTISEMENT

A&E cancelled "COPS" and suspending "LIVE PD", HBO MAX pulls "Gone with the Wind" from its library

Feels good to own real life copies of movies. Bought GWTW on Blu-Ray a couple of years ago.

Book burning.

Removing books that offend some from library shelves.

It won't stop here.

I could give you a list of things to come but.....I won't. Just sit back and watch...

This kind of crap will NOT lead to anything good. It NEVER HAS,

Of course History could teach us that....if we just hadn't burned all the history books....or just stopped teaching it...

Last edited:
Cops and Live PD were actually pretty awful and deserved to be canceled. Probably long, long ago. The Podcast
Running from Cops" does a great job explaining why.

Removing Gone with the Wind is a bit overboard, though.

Live PD is fantastic and is the highest rated show on cable TV, I believe. It shows you what cops have to deal with on a daily basis. I think it’s actually helpful.

Live PD is fantastic and is the highest rated show on cable TV, I believe. It shows you what cops have to deal with on a daily basis. I think it’s actually helpful.
The thing that is coming with the remove police wave will be cameras everywhere. You have cameras on every street corner then the need for police is less. Not sure I like that because we are a free country but it is coming.

LivePD ain't going, it might go to another network, but its not leaving.

Reactions: Torqued
Book burning.

Removing books that offend some from library shelves.

It won't stop here.

I could give you a list of things to come but.....I won't. Just sit back and watch...

Agree with you Archie. The worst part of this whole issue is that after all this remaking/removing of history nothing will really change that addresses the significant issues.

those guys that host are possibly the lamest dudes on TV...it would be better if they just showed live action

I’m not sure if they still have that captain obvious “analyst” or whatever on there but man he really grinded my gears. Always said stuff like “yeah and you could see that the officer put the handcuffs on the man because that man was being detained.”

Thankfully. It’s part of our weekend routine. Even the people on it are like “Liiiiive PD!!!!”

I don't watch Live PD but I know people that watch it religiously on the weekends. They could move Live PD to Jewelry TV and they'd follow it.

Reactions: griffna
Not that I agree with scrubbing this stuff from cable and streaming, because I don't, but were yall as outraged back in the 80's/90's, when conservative America was trying to "cancel" NWA and other rap/ rock groups?

Point is, live and let live when it comes to what you watch/ read/ listen to. Censorship, in any form, is BS in my opinion.

I don't watch Live PD but I know people that watch it religiously on the weekends. They could move Live PD to Jewelry TV and they'd follow it.

We actually got Philo TV in addition to YouTube TV because YouTube doesn’t have A&E. Nothing says weekend like “This. Is Live PD.”

Not that I agree with scrubbing this stuff from cable and streaming, because I don't, but were yall as outraged back in the 80's/90's, when conservative America was trying to "cancel" NWA and other rap/ rock groups?

Point is, live and let live when it comes to what you watch/ read/ listen to. Censorship, in any form, is BS in my opinion.

yes, I was like 4 but I hated being called a satanist by the other kids at my daycare because I liked Metallica. Me and Greg started having daily riots at the monkey bars over that shit.

Lots of overreaction in this thread. GWTW is being taken off HBO MAX temporarily while they add a supplemental component to explain the racial depictions in the movie and add context. There is also an ongoing case where LIVE PD is believed to be party responsible for the death of a man in Texas. It hasn't been pulled off the air yet. Cops has indeed been cancelled after 33 years. I will miss exactly none of it cause I haven't watched in 30 years.

I say we can’t kill the bastards because half the population will be dead.

And all that will make zero difference to the issue at hand.

wde

"partly responsible"
Well nobody from the production of the show actually shot and killed anybody. However the actual chase and traffic issue (high beams were on) violated a number of the police forces own rules for engagement, but the officer had Live PD riding with him. So the belief is that he violated those rules to help LPD get footage on an otherwise slow night. LPD won't release any of their footage, but a man died as a result of the interaction.

Cops has indeed been cancelled after 33 years. I will miss exactly none of it cause I haven't watched in 30 years.

so it’s okay because you don’t care for it?

Do you want someone else deciding what you can and cannot watch? Perhaps someone of the opposite political persuasion?

Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct
Well nobody from the production of the show actually shot and killed anybody. However the actual chase and traffic issue (high beams were on) violated a number of the police forces own rules for engagement, but the officer had Live PD riding with him. So the belief is that he violated those rules to help LPD get footage on an otherwise slow night. LPD won't release any of their footage, but a man died as a result of the interaction.

So, not responsible in any way to the persons death.

Yeah, I don’t think it can be proven that that was the reason.

Tried watching that Live PD trash a couple times. First of all, it's overproduced fake ass reality TV. Secondly, it makes cops look like idiots more often than not. They follow archetypes, not real deal cops.

so it’s okay because you don’t care for it?

Do you want someone else deciding what you can and cannot watch? Perhaps someone of the opposite political persuasion?
That was just added my personal opinion on the show. I don't care if the show airs or not I won't miss it either way. Just trying to communicate the why since that was left out of the original alarm bell the OP posted.

Reactions: CowardlyToaster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT