ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Update: Gulf Coast COVID numbers

I am vaccinated and believe that almost everybody else should get vaccinated as well, but I do not at all support "tell[ing] everybody what they can or can't do." I don't even support mask mandates. It might be different if people choosing not to be vaccinated had a significant effect on others, but from what we have seen, that isn't the case. Yes, some very small number of vaccinated people might contract COVID and get very sick or die from it, but that risk seems every bit as low as for the flu back before this pandemic started and nobody ever gave a crap about flu risk before 2020. People were willing to accept that risk in exchange for freedom. If people are concerned about COVID, they should get vaccinated. If they don't and they die from it, there is no one to blame but themselves. Again, I think people should get vaccinated, but our freedoms are much more important than our safety.

tl;dr - Get vaccinated and give me liberty or give me death.
54 yr old I worked with died Saturday. Left 2 boys and a wife. Yes he should have gotten the vaccine. Gave him death.

They shouldn’t have the right to occupy every ICU bed in every major city despite being given the means to protect themselves from this disease. That’s when their freedom to be morons starts infringing upon others freedoms.
I agree 100%..

Reactions: SigBitty
personally i’m sick people being able to make their own choices. yes there should be a vaccine mandate in much the same way people should have a calorie limit on how much food per day they can eat.

Reactions: 1959 and vatiger
See above. I’m talking about somebody else’s health.
Somebody else has the option to get vaccinated it’s such a dumbass argument!

if you don’t get vaccinated it’s YOUR OWN fault not someone else’s.

I also for the life of we don’t understand what these doc in the box’s and GP’s aren’t trying to treat at all after diagnosis. Instead waiting until people can’t breath and admitting them. Makes ZERO sense

Last edited:

I also for the life of we don’t understand what these doc in the box’s and GP’s aren’t trying to treat at all after diagnosis. Instead waiting until people can’t breath and admitting them. Makes ZERO sense

Dude, somebody was comparing it to heart disease.

It’s scary to think about, but we had a similar experience when my mom was in the hospital in 2010. There were several nursing errors. She sat for several hours with an IV in her arm that no one ever started. You need someone fairly knowledgeable to advocate for your care and so many people don’t have that.
Every patient in a hospital needs a personal advocate. Absolutely.

6-9 till peak. Just my medically untrained extrapolation of crappy data.

This is a good point which further debunks the anti-vax propaganda. There's a strong correlation between the states with the lowest vaccination rates and states where hospitals are being overrun by the delta wave.

Poorest and most obese states with the highest concentration of black people?

Reactions: 1959
Poorest and most obese states with the highest concentration of black people?

KY 8%
OK 7.8%
MO 11.8%
AR 15.4%

How about a ton of rural whites? Blacks are definitely hesitant but the factor for all of those states are white and rural republicans. Blacks are also hesitant and that combination isn’t good.

Reactions: gatorz1209
KY 8%
OK 7.8%
MO 11.8%
AR 15.4%

How about a ton of rural whites? Blacks are definitely hesitant but the factor for all of those states are white and rural republicans. Blacks are also hesitant and that combination isn’t good.
Black people are the unvaccinated more than white you tard. They are also in hospital more

Reactions: 1959
Black people are the unvaccinated more than white you tard. They are also in hospital more

That’s due to white college educated Dems/republicans in suburbs and cities as well. White uneducated rural republicans are the most hesitant.

Third shot done today for both my mom and me. We went out to dinner to “celebrate.”

My dad has a slight fever and had an episode of hives that comes due to another reason. Vaccine definitely could have done it since it has been a couple of months since his last episode. Ling story by doctors haven’t figured it out over two years. Had Malaria in Vietnam. One theory was it was the malaria waking up in his body as the cells were fighting a cancer he had a few years ago. Has third shot today. Leaving phone on tonight just in case at his request.

My dad has a slight fever and had an episode of hives that comes due to another reason. Vaccine definitely could have done it since it has been a couple of months since his last episode. Ling story by doctors haven’t figured it out over two years. Had Malaria in Vietnam. One theory was it was the malaria waking up in his body as the cells were fighting a cancer he had a few years ago. Has third shot today. Leaving phone on tonight just in case at his request.

I feel fine so far. My face got really really red and hot tonight at dinner and I was like “here we go” but I think it was the wine.

The shot was injected in my bad arm (the one where I originally got covid arm) and it’s swollen, so I’ll probably get covid arm again. Hoping your dad does well.

Maybe general practitioners/the medical community in general should start placing more focus on ambulatory care instead of sending people home/telling them they don’t treat COVID. Then maybe hospitalizations would decrease?

Maybe general practitioners/the medical community in general should start placing more focus on ambulatory care instead of sending people home/telling them they don’t treat COVID. Then maybe hospitalizations would decrease?
Hospitalizations would decrease 10 fold if people would get vaccinated

Your last sentence has me miffed too. The whole go home, stay hydrated and take your favorite flu medicine until you can't breath, has me scratching my head. Dude in the other thread had a Doc give him several meds, even some that other Docs won't prescribe, (e.g. Ivermectin).

I'd think we would DEFINITELY find a way to be gathering every single piece of data on treatment routines that we can. The ones that show promise should have multiple studies done in multiple countries, with randomly assigned teams etc. This thing has been around long enough to hopefully have some scientific basis for consistent treatment routines by now so that it might alleviate some of the burden on the medical system.

Your last sentence has me miffed too. The whole go home, stay hydrated and take your favorite flu medicine until you can't breath, has me scratching my head. Dude in the other thread had a Doc give him several meds, even some that other Docs won't prescribe, (e.g. Ivermectin).

I'd think we would DEFINITELY find a way to be gathering every single piece of data on treatment routines that we can. The ones that show promise should have multiple studies done in multiple countries, with randomly assigned teams etc. This thing has been around long enough to hopefully have some scientific basis for consistent treatment routines by now so that it might alleviate some of the burden on the medical system.
You would think, but there is a gapping whole in ambulatory research studies. Peter A McCullough (MD from T a&m) seems to be the only one attempting to address this phenomenon.

personally i’m sick people being able to make their own choices. yes there should be a vaccine mandate in much the same way people should have a calorie limit on how much food per day they can eat.
You want the government to control how much food and drink you are allowed each day? So you want the government to control the parties and what is served in our country, you want the government to decide when you can go out to eat and what you can be served while you are out? Surely you are not serious.

There has been a universal assumption among many that education level negatively correlated with vaccine hesitancy - more educated people are more likely to receive the vaccine.

But researchers also found that within the first five months of 2021 the largest decrease in skepticism about getting the vaccine was among the least educated - those with a high school education or less.

This is also great news:

In January, nearly 60 per cent of black Americans were hesitant to receive the vaccine, though that number was slashed in half down to 30 per cent by May.

chart, bar chart: A paper by researchers from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh showed a surprising U-shaped correlation between willingness to get a Covid vaccine and education level. Of the 5million surveyed, 20.8 per cent who were hesitant had a high school education or less and 23.9 per cent had a PhD.
©

Reactions: Jim in Scranton
Blacks, per capita, are more vaccinated in Alabama than whites. (34.7% to 34%).
Very very unlikely. That doesn't account for the thousands of people that live in Alabama but got vaccinated in another state (like my parents).

Also, I'm a little skeptical of the 77.1% rate for mixed races.

You would think, but there is a gapping whole in ambulatory research studies. Peter A McCullough (MD from T a&m) seems to be the only one attempting to address this phenomenon.

I went out and listened to Dr. McCollough's testimony to what appeared to be a Congressional sub-committee(???), and it's really hard to understand why, (if there is indeed an early treatment gap). I was thinking about that recently, and we are discussing it here, but to hear it articulated by someone with credentials, who is as published as he is, and who knows the medical system, it's just stunning if it is indeed true. He doesn't seem like a true kook type just based on What he said in the video alone.

All of these types of things taken together, and folks are still completely oblivious to even notice that there are a lot of inconsistencies, oddities and signals out there. Instead, they just follow the playbook, and call anyone who does notice them a kook, or "conspiracy guy". What gives??? @mrhickory, @stevesawbone, and other doctors, I know that you are busy, but I'd love to get your take on what this guy is saying.

Also, it appears that WAS the Vice Chief of Internal medicine at Baylor, but he's either been fired, and/or sued by Baylor due to his statements.

There has been a universal assumption among many that education level negatively correlated with vaccine hesitancy - more educated people are more likely to receive the vaccine.

But researchers also found that within the first five months of 2021 the largest decrease in skepticism about getting the vaccine was among the least educated - those with a high school education or less.

This is also great news:

In January, nearly 60 per cent of black Americans were hesitant to receive the vaccine, though that number was slashed in half down to 30 per cent by May.

chart, bar chart: A paper by researchers from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh showed a surprising U-shaped correlation between willingness to get a Covid vaccine and education level. Of the 5million surveyed, 20.8 per cent who were hesitant had a high school education or less and 23.9 per cent had a PhD.
©

That is not a poll. That is an online survey.

I went out and listened to Dr. McCollough's testimony to what appeared to be a Congressional sub-committee(???), and it's really hard to understand why, (if there is indeed an early treatment gap). I was thinking about that recently, and we are discussing it here, but to hear it articulated by someone with credentials, who is as published as he is, and who knows the medical system, it's just stunning if it is indeed true. He doesn't seem like a true kook type just based on What he said in the video alone.

All of these types of things taken together, and folks are still completely oblivious to even notice that there are a lot of inconsistencies, oddities and signals out there. Instead, they just follow the playbook, and call anyone who does notice them a kook, or "conspiracy guy". What gives??? @mrhickory, @stevesawbone, and other doctors, I know that you are busy, but I'd love to get your take on what this guy is saying.

Also, it appears that WAS the Vice Chief of Internal medicine at Baylor, but he's either been fired, and/or sued by Baylor due to his statements.

Very very unlikely. That doesn't account for the thousands of people that live in Alabama but got vaccinated in another state (like my parents).

Also, I'm a little skeptical of the 77.1% rate for mixed races.

Holy shit. How many do you think I got it out of state?

What you posted is literal bought and paid for propoganda.

It is from the AAPS YouTube channel.

Can you guys provide a link. I can't find one.

If he is a member, that doesn't automatically disqualify the actual comments that he made to congress on the videotape, but I wonder if it's atypical for him to rise to the position that he held at Baylor if he were a true quack, as is being stated. He was canceled rather quickly.

I like to hear viewpoints from all over, (objectivity), as long as they aren't true kooks, and I'm glad the other poster mentioned his name so I could hear those comments in the video. I'm also interested in hearing what the doctors opinion's are regarding whether we have a consensus treatment routine etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT