ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bunker Book Club

Bo-jobs_4_Tanks Big-D

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 9, 2022
Wanting to make a thread for people to post book reviews, reading recommendations, etc.

Last week I read Valis by Phillip K Dick and Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. Fight Club was decent. I'd give it a 7/10. I read it so I could check it off my list. I read it in a day so it was a quick read. Valis on the other hand was outstanding. I highly recommend it. It's philosophical with a side of schizophrenia. I'd rate it an 8.5/10.

One book I've always heard is amazing is Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. I've started it twice before but only got a few pages in before I switched to something else. It wasn't that I wasn't interested in it, it's just quite an investment since it's 1,300+ pages. We'll I started it again for a 3rd time yesterday and read 120 pages before I went to sleep last night...I can tell it's going to be my favorite book I've ever read once I get done with it already. The vocabulary and sentence structure is something like I've never read before. It's the definition of wordcraft.

Anyways, please post what you're reading now, any past books you've enjoyed, what you plan to read next, or anything else about reading, books, authors, and the like.

Here's 2 online libraries where you can download pretty much any book (or article) you can imagine. They are good tools so I recommend keeping them if you read alot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News