ADVERTISEMENT

Cornell University Shuts Down Campus

I hope you’re right but they are a younger and healthier population than here. I would look at the UK to compare to us over the next couple of weeks. Our problem is Delta wave still here with the flu and we have an older and more unhealthy population. It is clearly less deadly but it’s going to hit a ton of people compared to previous variants.
Expert gone expert, no matter how many times he has to celebrate death.

Reactions: Boisgreat
It’s going to be a bad winter. Hospitals will be overwhelmed. Delta and the flu are already stressing hospitals before omicron. Ive been praying this would end since it started but yea, I want more people to lose parents to Covid. Derp.
Where are these hosoitals that are currently stressed?

Where are these hosoitals that are currently stressed?

Any state with high cases.

Reactions: rampage41
I’m continuously amazed how many different ways one person can be wrong on a topic without realizing/acknowledging it.

Reactions: CorinthTiger
Omicron being so contagious but benign in terms of lethality, relatively speaking, is a good thing, I think.

Viruses that don't kill their hosts do much better at propagating overall. This should eventually become like the flu.

That’s two shots. Omicron is going right past natural Immunity and two shots. Only boosters offering 75% plus protection. All should offer protection vs severe disease though.
That study is pretty early in data gathering. We will see. Maybe NI isn't as effective as booster against omicron infection but my guess is it would be a function of time and not modality.

Reactions: Big Blue
What did I say that was negative? What I said is common knowledge. We will most likely be at a million dead in April so two years. I’m sorry if reality is negative. I’m boosted and so is my wife and dad and I hope that protects him.

most of what you say isn’t common your knowledge. You read a sound by on some blog or from some mouthpiece that you regurgitate like you know what you’re talking about. But again you don’t.

Omicron being so contagious but benign in terms of lethality, relatively speaking, is a good thing, I think.

Viruses that don't kill their hosts do much better at propagating overall. This should eventually become like the flu.
its already like the flu. we have never tested well people for a virus in history so we have absolutely no idea how many die with an asymptomatic flu in the past. nor any idea how many had some flu virus in them

Honest question. How does the school identify the "omicron" variant?
Read an article where it appears the omicron mostly infects the upper lungs and not the lower. It’s much much easier to get over but being in the upper lungs it gets disbursed easier this making it spread more. The vaccines are estimated to be about 30 to 40% effective- regardless it’s a much much less dangerous version for all age groups

Reactions: aler
a39ba5b0cf8cdbb6e750b4b80154aee3.gif
andy-bernard-the-office.gif

Heard we might see 1 million confirmed cases a day soon meaning it will be a lot more than 1 million in reality. The good news is anybody under 65 fully vaccinated and those with natural immunity under 65 should be fine. Those over 65 need to be boosted or recently vaccinated just in case.
What? You said the naturally immune would all die from omicron. You even tagged me in the dumbass post. LOL at you constantly having to circle back around and cover all yore bullschit.

Omicron is many times more transmissible than the original COVID-19. However, based on studies of cases in South Africa, it resulted in almost no hospitalizations. So it is less like the flu and more like a cold. This is consistent with how viruses mutate. They mutate in the direction of being more transmissible and less deadly.
Need the therapeutics (not just vaccine) on the market and widely used YESTERDAY. Will help transform this societal B.S. into the common cold for all relevant purposes.

What? You said the naturally immune would all die from omicron. You even tagged me in the dumbass post. LOL at you constantly having to circle back around and cover all yore bullschit.

No, I said you would get omicron. Never said anything about dying.

But covid testing is not important anymore, right?

At least that was your message to me a few weeks ago

No idea what you’re referring to. We have failed miserably at testing so testing in the US is necessary but not that helpful as people have a hard time getting tested and getting results quickly. They also rarely quarantine these days.

How can our population be so unhealthy, but yet be so old? While the healthier countries don't outlive us? Is it that the oldest generations were extremely healthy and lived longer than the extremely healthy younger generation? Serious questions.
Boomers are oulde and there are a lot of them

most of what you say isn’t common your knowledge. You read a sound by on some blog or from some mouthpiece that you regurgitate like you know what you’re talking about. But again you don’t.

Everything I posted in that post is common knowledge. Cases are about to sky rocket which means hospitalizations will go up as well as deaths. If it was just omicron, we would be fine but we have to deal with Delta abd the flu as well.

That study is pretty early in data gathering. We will see. Maybe NI isn't as effective as booster against omicron infection but my guess is it would be a function of time and not modality.

They have ajwats said it won’t cover as many variants. Delta has 2 mutations. Omicron is over 30. It still should protect vs severe disease though.

Reactions: MCTIGgER IV
Need the therapeutics (not just vaccine) on the market and widely used YESTERDAY. Will help transform this societal B.S. into the common cold for all relevant purposes.

The problem with the therapeutics is the one that works the best (new Pfizer 5 day pill) needs to take it within 3 days of symptoms. Do you think the typical unvaccinated person would rush to the Dr for this within 3 days of the first symptom? I doubt it. Hopefully, an older person vaccinated or unvaccinated would and will do so. Hopefully, it’s a lot less deadly and it then takes over delta. Then hopefully the next variant is even less deadly than omicron. Etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT