ADVERTISEMENT

Cornell University Shuts Down Campus

Heard we might see 1 million confirmed cases a day soon meaning it will be a lot more than 1 million in reality. The good news is anybody under 65 fully vaccinated and those with natural immunity under 65 should be fine. Those over 65 need to be boosted or recently vaccinated just in case.

Omicron is many times more transmissible than the original COVID-19. However, based on studies of cases in South Africa, it resulted in almost no hospitalizations. So it is less like the flu and more like a cold. This is consistent with how viruses mutate. They mutate in the direction of being more transmissible and less deadly.

Omicron is many times more transmissible than the original COVID-19. However, based on studies of cases in South Africa, it resulted in almost no hospitalizations. So it is less like the flu and more like a cold. This is consistent with how viruses mutate. They mutate in the direction of being more transmissible and less deadly.
Viruses don’t want to kill hosts.

That’s exactly opposite of what is being broadcast

Despite a 97% on-campus vaccination rate, Cornell University reported 898 new COVID-19 cases among students at its Ithaca, New York campus during the week of Dec. 7-13, a "significant number" of which the school has identified as the omicron variant.
Damn, if only the remaining 3% would have succumbed and accepted the experimental mitigation therapy serum injection none of this would have happened and that liberal bastion could continue poisoning those young minds full of mush. Damn that 3%.

I hope you’re right but they are a younger and healthier population than here. I would look at the UK to compare to us over the next couple of weeks. Our problem is Delta wave still here with the flu and we have an older and more unhealthy population. It is clearly less deadly but it’s going to hit a ton of people compared to previous variants.

Well, the common cold viruses ARE covid viruses

a39ba5b0cf8cdbb6e750b4b80154aee3.gif

We will see delta, omicron and the flu all at once. Hospitals will be a mess
yes, but hospitals are always at or near capacity in the winter and its never reported. even in summer time most hospitals run only a handful of open ICU beds. context matters. but i agree. hope omicron is as weak as they say and covid becomes (or already has become) like a cold otherwise it wouldve killed all its hosts and cease to exist

Reactions: NotAiO and johntodd
Heard we might see 1 million confirmed cases a day soon meaning it will be a lot more than 1 million in reality. The good news is anybody under 65 fully vaccinated and those with natural immunity under 65 should be fine. Those over 65 need to be boosted or recently vaccinated just in case.
No they don’t. It’s well know this one isn’t bad. Obviously more contagious, but the symptoms are super mild.

yes, but hospitals are always at or near capacity in the winter and its never reported. even in summer time most hospitals run only a handful of open ICU beds. context matters. but i agree. hope omicron is as weak as they say and covid becomes (or already has become) like a cold otherwise it wouldve killed all its hosts and cease to exist
It’s seriously like he hopes for it to be bad.

It’s going to be a bad winter though with overwhelmed hospitals. We have an older and more unhealthy population.

Reactions: Bruuuuuuce

It’s going to be a bad winter. Hospitals will be overwhelmed. Delta and the flu are already stressing hospitals before omicron. Ive been praying this would end since it started but yea, I want more people to lose parents to Covid. Derp.

It’s going to be a bad winter. Hospitals will be overwhelmed. Delta and the flu are already stressing hospitals before omicron. Ive been praying this would end since it started but yea, I want more people to lose parents to Covid. Derp.
Of course I know you don’t want people to die. Geez. My point was just that you always have the most negative things to say about it.

Reactions: 94WDE and hchtiger
Of course I know you don’t want people to die. Geez. My point was just that you always have the most negative things to say about it.

What did I say that was negative? What I said is common knowledge. We will most likely be at a million dead in April so two years. I’m sorry if reality is negative. I’m boosted and so is my wife and dad and I hope that protects him.

Reactions: MattAU05
Ok👀

Ok👀

its not so much that "hospitals are full/near full" which they often are in the winter. its the policy changes/restrictions instituted as a result of what otherwise would be (to stump's point) a normal winter because we are generally a fat unhealthy aging population*

*not the bunker though, we are all 6'1 190 with 600k salaries

Reactions: I4CAW and Stumpfan

Exactly what OC43 did in the 1893 Russian Flu Pandemic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT