ADVERTISEMENT

Wut shood the punishment be for the white cop that killed the African American?

And what should the punishment be for the people rioting and destroying the businesses.?
Dis sounds a bit harsh but if we shot them all, I'm gezzzing dis kuntry wood be in a betta plaze.
I'm not shure we're allowed to shoot them all howeva.

Reactions: demeat and FatRay
This is why we have a legal system, so that the public doesn't take matters into their own hands.

Society can not function if the legal system fails to do the just thing. The cop should be tried in a court of law and if found guilty should be punished.

I just don't know if you can pin a murder rap on the cop. He killed the dude, no doubt, but did he want to? Was he trying to or was it an inevitable accident waiting to happen due to the training tactics he employed?

This is going to be a powder-keg trial. I think he technically committed man-slaughter, but I'm not an expert. The thing is- that charge won't be tolerated by the public. They will want murder charges - and then you have the very real possibility that the guy would get off.

Here is the quandary - The judicial system Cannot let the cop escape justice - but they probably can't fairly convict the cop of murder. Something will have to give - in this case I think justice will be served at the expense of the judicial system.

Reactions: kenews
It only takes 1 bad juror to fvck this whole thing up.
He will get convicted but not of the charges that everyone wants or we will get a hung jury. It is going to be almost impossible to say that he wanted to kill him, but they sure as heck can convince almost anybody that he should have realized his actions were dangerous.

Reactions: Docdumpsta
He will get convicted but not of the charges that everyone wants or we will get a hung jury. It is going to be almost impossible to say that he wanted to kill him, but they sure as heck can convince almost anybody that he should have realized his actions were dangerous.
I ain't shure the guy will make it to trial DAWG!!!

This is why we have a legal system, so that the public doesn't take matters into their own hands.

Society can not function if the legal system fails to do the just thing. The cop should be tried in a court of law and if found guilty should be punished.

I just don't know if you can pin a murder rap on the cop. He killed the dude, no doubt, but did he want to? Was he trying to or was it an inevitable accident waiting to happen due to the training tactics he employed?

This is going to be a powder-keg trial. I think he technically committed man-slaughter, but I'm not an expert. The thing is- that charge won't be tolerated by the public. They will want murder charges - and then you have the very real possibility that the guy would get off.

Here is the quandary - The judicial system Cannot let the cop escape justice - but they probably can't fairly convict the cop of murder. Something will have to give - in this case I think justice will be served at the expense of the justice system.
That is the case in all homicides. There have to be very tight evidence that it was premeditated and have a plan to get the top conviction. Thing is you can hold that over their head and have them accept a plea if it is not too over charged.

This just points out the problems in our judicial system. We have too many stupid court dates tying things up and that drags out the process for serious crimes. Also they never want to get to it while lawyers make millions waiting for the trial to get over.

Reactions: whitie
Do you kill someone for being stupid?

It didn’t appear like the cop realized the effects of his knee to the neck.

There was no anger in his expression, didn’t look like he was trying to get more leverage.

Just appeared like he thought what he was doing was holding him down but not lethal.

If he was trying to kill him he was more calm and relaxed than what I would believe.

I say he was just stupid and maybe trying to look good in front of his buddies.

I say for stupidity he get 20+ years with no parole.

I just don’t see killing the guy but I am sure the victims family might disagree and I wouldn’t blame them.
Maybe if the guy wasn;t handcuffed, but the man had handcuffs on , he was no threat to anyone. Murder one!!!!!! He was aware of the possible outcome. Put him in prison with the general population. Sounds fair. What he did was choke a man to death for no reason.

He will. There is no hurry but they shouldn't drag their feet longer than they need to decide which route to go. The thing is he is out while they are waiting and that seems like he is getting preferential treatment which he is not.

He will. There is no hurry but they shouldn't drag their feet longer than they need to decide which route to go. The thing is he is out while they are waiting and that seems like he is getting preferential treatment which he is not.
DAWG, thare's probly a BOUNTY on hiz head. Thare's a chantz he won't make it to trial.

Maybe if the guy wasn;t handcuffed, but the man had handcuffs on , he was no threat to anyone. Murder one!!!!!! He was aware of the possible outcome. Put him in prison with the general population. Sounds fair. What he did was choke a man to death for no reason.
That is not murder one. Knowing the possible outcome is not the same as trying to get the outcome. In other words he does not have his hands around the victims neck choking him out, even the results the same the actions weren't.

Reactions: whitie
DAWG, thare's probly a BOUNTY on hiz head. Thare's a chantz he won't make it to trial.
This is sounding terrible as I type it but all of the idiots that are destroying Minneapolis are not going to go lynch him. They are busy making fools of themselves with their protests. There desire to be seen will allow the defense to use their actions to paint a prejudice towards the officer by unreasonable people. The mob does not care that they are hurting the chances of getting what they want, justice.

He and his lawyers might see the writing on the wall and take a plea.

I would like to hear testimonials from people in the community and fellow officers about this cop. He looks like a total piece of shit bit did he always act like such an arrogant asshole or was this isolated? Had someone tried to help the man, Tao would have shot them or at best maced them. Makes me so mad

He and his lawyers might see the writing on the wall and take a plea.
It all depends. They think the DA is over charging they will go to trial instead of take the plea deal. In other words if the plea deal is more than what they think could possibly win at they will go trial route because that is even higher.

Reactions: Billy Baroo
That is not murder one. Knowing the possible outcome is not the same as trying to get the outcome. In other words he does not have his hands around the victims neck choking him out, even the results the same the actions weren't.
They are trained for those type of situations. Putting your full weight on someones neck and ignoring his plea, that he could not breath, is intentional. He knew the possible outcome.

I would like to hear testimonials from people in the community and fellow officers about this cop. He looks like a total piece of shit bit did he always act like such an arrogant asshole or was this isolated? Had someone tried to help the man, Tao would have shot them or at best maced them. Makes me so mad
I do not know that he is even concerned about anything going on about him. Have seen the look before from some of my boys and it scares me. It is that look of "you can't touch me," so take your shit and like it. Causes them to be very cruel in words or actions that sometimes would set off a powder keg. Much more dangerous than the anger coming out because you know what they are going to do.

Reactions: demeat
They are trained for those type of situations. Putting your full weight on someones neck and ignoring his plea, that he could not breath, is intentional. He knew the possible outcome.
Again it is very simple in legal terms. Was the action intended to kill, shoot somebody in the head, or was it an action to harass. If it is the latter and it kills the victim you move to the next level and have to determine how reasonable the possible outcome was. This case the officer loses most of his ground to say that he did not think it would kill him, but not all. It is an acceptable detaining move in MN, not sure why, but 8 minutes after cuffed is going to be assume no damage would occur.

I stand by my statement. I don't know what the charge will be, but he will stand trial, be convicted and serve real time.
Probably, yes. But it’s not 100%. That’s just not the way our justice system works.
Regardless, this cop needs to go sit down in a prison cell for 10 years and think about his actions that lead to him being there.

Reactions: graham bAyoU
Charge him with murder, put him in general population, and let the prisoners provide their own justice. Crap like that unties any good will LEO’s try to create. Watching that video made me sick to my core. I usually think rioting is over the top bullshit, but justified in this case. Prayer to that mans family, and the poor souls who sat there and watched it happen, knowing if they had tried to help they would have been in the same situation as him.

I am as pro LEA as anyone here, but there is absolutely no defense of what the cop did, on any level. I would also add that at a minimum the other cop that was with him was an accessory.

However, the looting is completely wrong also. WTH did Target have todo with his death? What about AutoZone?

Reality many businesses shie away from black communities, the looting does absolutely nothing to help the leaders in the community convince businesses to locate there.

Two wrongs do not makes right.

I am as pro LEA as anyone here, but there is absolutely no defense of what the cop did, on any level. I would also add that at a minimum the other cop that was with him was an accessory.

However, the looting is completely wrong also. WTH did Target have todo with his death? What about AutoZone?

Reality many businesses shie away from black communities, the looting does absolutely nothing to help the leaders in the community convince businesses to locate there.

Two wrongs do not makes right.
The thing that causes all the problems is the Mayor type responses. His racist comments give the green light to all types of crazy behavior. The cops are going to be charged with something. Hell we have not seen the end of the tape and no autopsies so we may not even be able to get a murder charge. What happens if he was alive when the put him on the gurney or he died of a heart attack. The BS protest crap has got to stop.

Charge him with murder, put him in general population, and let the prisoners provide their own justice. Crap like that unties any good will LEO’s try to create. Watching that video made me sick to my core. I usually think rioting is over the top bullshit, but justified in this case. Prayer to that mans family, and the poor souls who sat there and watched it happen, knowing if they had tried to help they would have been in the same situation as him.
Rioting is not justified. That’s just idiotic and emotional.

It was a murder and the victim deserves justice. Thugs burning down buildings and looting is not justice in any way shape or form. Rioting is one of the most base, inexcusable behaviors that an alleged human can participate in. You cannot condemn murder and condone rioting without abandoning all reason.

The thing that causes all the problems is the Mayor type responses. His racist comments give the green light to all types of crazy behavior. The cops are going to be charged with something. Hell we have not seen the end of the tape and no autopsies so we may not even be able to get a murder charge. What happens if he was alive when the put him on the gurney or he died of a heart attack. The BS protest crap has got to stop.

Agree on the comments but I will be very surprised if he’s not charged with murder, what we do know he was arrested on suspicion of forgery charges, a non violent crime. From the earlier tape that was reslised he was not resisting arrest and he was hand cuffed.

For roughly 5 minutes the cop had his knee on his neck applying pressure I would be surprised if he died of anything other than Asphyxiation.

Reactions: kenews and CJ3131
Agree on the comments but I will be very surprised if he’s not charged with murder, what we do know he was arrested on suspicion of forgery charges, a non violent crime. From the earlier tape that was reslised he was not resisting arrest and he was hand cuffed.

For roughly 5 minutes the cop had his knee on his neck applying pressure I would be surprised if he died of anything other than Asphyxiation.
It is incredibly hard to kill someone because of asphyxiation. If you have done any martial arts training know you can put somebody out real quickly and they are fine. The thing that is going to determine how much they get is the end of the tape and exactly how he died. We do not get to see the ambulance show up and him get put in. What if he was fine when he got in the ambulance and died later? What happens if he died of a heart attack that could be contributed to the drugs? A lot we do not know but we are certain the officers behavior was dangerous.

Reactions: hooter80
It is incredibly hard to kill someone because of asphyxiation. If you have done any martial arts training know you can put somebody out real quickly and they are fine. The thing that is going to determine how much they get is the end of the tape and exactly how he died. We do not get to see the ambulance show up and him get put in. What if he was fine when he got in the ambulance and died later? What happens if he died of a heart attack that could be contributed to the drugs? A lot we do not know but we are certain the officers behavior was dangerous.

There is a lengthy video out there, it’s tough to watch, but it does show the ambulance show up the cop finally got off of him he was completely non responsive, it shows them putting him on the stretcher and working on him, per the reports they did CPR for an hour and even shocked him a couple of times so it appears that he was dead when the ambulance got there.

Of course a lot of this is hearsay at the present time, but if the paramedics report and testimony are the same as what’s being reported he will likely be convicted of murder and rightfully so.

There is a lengthy video out there, it’s tough to watch, but it does show the ambulance show up the cop finally got off of him he was completely non responsive, it shows them putting him on the stretcher and working on him, per the reports they did CPR for an hour and even shocked him a couple of times so it appears that he was dead when the ambulance got there.

Of course a lot of this is hearsay at the present time, but if the paramedics report and testimony are the same as what’s being reported he will likely be convicted of murder and rightfully so.
All I have seen is the video of the officer until the second he gets off. I think he is already dead then because the victim is already dead if you ask me. If they worked on him for an hour it is more likely that it was heart related as they are getting oxygen. Strangling to death just takes a long time and you get brain damage after about four minutes.

I thank you juzt have no choice but to kill him.
Tunz of GRATE COPS out thare but dat guy iz a kumpleeeet bufffoon.
I wuz gunna put dis on the "PORE BOARD" but I went to that site and the weirdest peepel in da werld iz ova thare.
And still we got shuffled to the dear diary board but the wizard stands with his goofy vids

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT