ADVERTISEMENT

Worst second date of my life

Weagle1492

I'M A FOLLOWER. LOL
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
Long story short. This girl is super rich apparently and first date went really well. Second date we're at a wine bar in Milan and this dude comes up to sell us flowers or cigarettes, I wave him off, he approaches anyway, I say no thanks she says no thanks, he moves closer and insists we must want a pack of cigarettes. At that point I look him in the eye and say "no" firmly. He gets a little visibly upset but mumbles something and walks off. She goes ice cold and basically says nothing for a few minutes while I try to continue the conversation. At that point I ask her:

"is something bothering you"

and she says "you got a little aggressive with that guy, are you angry?"

and I said "nope, just learned that you sometimes have to be very firm with people or they will perceive you as weak and continue to push"

she says "I think we can skip dinner, maybe its not the best idea"

I say "ok no problem, I'll find the guy and pay"

she says "no its ok I'll pay"

I say "you're sure?" she nods, and I take my jacket and say "have a nice day"

I'm slightly paraphrasing for the sake of not having to type everything out, but I feel like I didn't do anything wrong and she just judged the absolute hell out of me for being firm with a random dude who was being pushy. Am I wrong here chat?

Also I was totally fine with ending the date as there had been a significant number of other red flags anyway from her (coke problem, stuck up about daddys estate, etc) but yeah I have never had a SECOND date go sour in literally the first 15 minutes and I'm pretty annoyed that I wasted my evening. Open to criticism here though and just curious what you all think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News