ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Wommack: AU should be pleased with Rivals250...

Jeffrey Lee

ZIMA ENTHUSIAST
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2002
PREFACE
* I absolutely could NOT do a better job than Rivals' analysts. My evaluation skills afford me the ability to say only that I believe a player is really good, good, pretty good or ah-ite.
* I absolutely have great respect for these analysts. They work their asses off to do the best job they can.
* I honestly don't believe there is a personal bias toward Auburn commits/high-priority recruits.
* I do, however, acknowledge that sometimes it's hard to argue against (like now).
* If I'm not mistaken, even with all the drops in rankings this cycle, Rivals still has many of Auburn's commitments/top targets ranked higher than 24/7 and ESPN.

With that said, @RivalsWoody says Auburn is one of five schools that should be happy about the new Rivals250. -> LANK

I get what he's saying (three in the top 43, including a huge jump for Pickens), but overall, it is disappointing for Auburn fans and here's why:

* Auburn LB commit Owen Pappoe dropped five spots, from 21 to 26. (No. 21 is now a five-star)
* Auburn CB target Andrew Booth dropped two spots, from 30 to 32. (Auburn in top 2/might lead)
* Auburn QB commit Bo Nix dropped six spots, from 34 to 40.
* Auburn WR commit George Pickens skyrocketed into the 100 to No. 43 overall and No. 9 WR (the lone positive move for AU).
* None of Auburn's commitments are ranked 44-250.
* Auburn CB target Zion Puckett dropped eight spots, from 225 to 233. (Auburn leads)
* Auburn DE target Justin Eboigbe dropped 47 spots, from 111 to 158. (Auburn probably leads)
* Auburn OG target Keiondre Jones dropped three spots, from 147 to 150. (Auburn probably leads)
* Auburn DB target Jashawn Sheffield dropped 44 spots, from 115 to 159. (Auburn leads)

Looking at it overall (without the movements and presuming Auburn lands these guys), the Tigers could have at least eight in the Rivals250 and four in the top 43. That's damn good. But it's also hard to overlook all of the recruits/commits who dropped in this rankings update.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.