ADVERTISEMENT

Why is OL Line Coach Friend seemingly getting a pass for his putrid product on the field.......?

AUDiesel23

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2021
Every other coach on staff has had his share of abuse thrown their way, but "teflon" Friend seems to have escaped criticism. At the very least, we should be giving other linemen a chance to perform as poorly as our 5 starters. They truly couldn't be any worse, and let's just play devil's advocate for next year's stellar line play - do we really believe 4 brand new starters with basically NO starting or even "on field" experience will suddenly become a cohesive, competent line?

I just believe that once we are officially eliminated from SEC West championship consideration (yes, still possible) we should really look towards developmental, in game action - most obvious example Irvin for our All-SEC center Brahms. I can bet you that Irvin can fall backward upon contact as quickly as Brahms, intentionally whiff on his blocks, and run aimlessly around the opposing team looking for someone NOT to engage. Sounds like another pre-season ALL SEC first teamer to me in the making.

Reactions: Purple_Hayes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News