ADVERTISEMENT

What a difference a month makes...

DM8

Bunker Legend
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2007
@MattAU05 and I were just discussing what an insanely consequently last month+ this has been in American politics. From Biden's disastrous debate, to the maga shooter attempting to kill Trump, to Biden dropping out and now VP Harris surging into the lead. You'd be hard pressed to ever find a more consequential period in American history.

The overwhelming majority of swing voters did not like either option in this race. Nikki Haley was correct last winter when she said the party that decided to replace their elderly candidate would win. The massive shift in this race towards Harris the last few weeks has been incredible. It makes sense though given that 10-20% of the country disliked both options and now the Dems have given them a better choice.

I've missed the last month on the board, but looking forward to catching up on what I assume has been a nuclear dumpster fire of a meltdown over Harris taking the lead and Trump's campaign flailing wildly. Press conference this afternoon has been amazing entertainment with him continuing to attack Governor Kemp and bragging about how big his insurrection crowd was for 1/6. Brilliant move by the Harris campaign to highlight how much bigger her crowd was in the same venue in Atlanta over the weekend. Trump could not resist taking the bait.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.