ADVERTISEMENT

Were any ouldes on the bourde around when Tucker Frederickson played for Auburn/remember watching him?

AuburnPanic40

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2020
Dawsonville/Dunwoody, GA
Curious about y'all's thoughts on Tucker as a player while he was at Auburn. Kind of random but he came up in a conversation with my boss who knew his grandkids growing up and apparently he is still somewhat of a legend around certain parts of the south. I remember some of the ouldes I tailgate with bringing him up and claiming he was one of the best to ever put on an Auburn uniform, my boss says he thinks he would've been just as good post-integration. I've always just had a hard time imagining a white HB that played in a Split T offense like Frederickson being that good, especially by contemporary standards.

I know Pat won a Heisman and Beasley has his number retired but even when you watch film of those two Pat probably would've been on scholarship at a place like Auburn but I'm not sure Beasley would've been good enough. Undisputed legends in their time but I'm always wary of claims that guys from that era could compete at the same level post-integration, let alone in modern college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.