ADVERTISEMENT

Wayyy OT: ChatGPT

auburn_stiles

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I don’t know what to think about this. Part of me is amazed, part of me is horrified. Essentially think of it as Google on steroids. You know when you google something specific and don’t get a lot of what you’re looking for or it’s very hard to find? Well, Elon Musk has found a solution (or created a very serious problem).

Google uses other existing websites in attempts of matching key words to your search to get you what you’re looking for. ChatGPT just gives you the answer.

I realize that doesn’t sound like much, but it’s AI integrated so you are essentially chatting with a robot. When the applications and functions are paired with the distribution of major corporations it could render the services of overpaid employees obsolete, or at least many of them. The applications are endless and the people that learn how to use it will reap massive reward while working very little. We always hear about robots replacing manual labor, but this has the potential to replace white collar workers now as well.

ChatGPT can enhance the human experience of those that use it, but it could be at the cost of those who can’t. This is several years down the road but it’s very real. I know this reads like Terminator Fan-fiction but I think the future is here and many of us aren’t going to like it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News