ADVERTISEMENT

Watching replay for the first time...

MarcAntony

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2010
Sombrero Galaxy
Just some observations on DL.

At the game it's hard to get a sense of just how well the DL is playing, especially given we were playing the most explosive dual threat QB in the nation, and the DL had to so disciplined in order to prevent Watson from running wild.

Lawson had a massive impact on the game. He was either demanding double teams, or forcing Watson to get the ball out quick, if not tuck and scramble. Watson was keenly aware of where Carl was lining up and knew he was on a clock when 55 wasn't getting a double-team.

Dontavius Russell is going to do some damage this season. While Clemson was so worried about Lawson & Monty, Russell was whipping his man.

As others have noted, neither Cowart nor Marlon stood out much, but both played solid, smart football and did a good job setting the edge. If one or both of those guys takes their game up a notch....look. out.

Swain is by no means a star, but his momma won't be dogging him anymore if he keeps playing like this. Kudos. He was just short of terrible last season, but played relatively well when his number was called.

Kevin Steele was dialed in. I'm still watching as I type and could not be more impressed with his gameplan and play calling. There aren't but a small handful of QB/WR tandems out there who can make some of those throw & catches Watson and his WRs were making.

I didn't realize how many INTs we could have had.

TIA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News