ADVERTISEMENT

Unforeseen consequences of dominating in-state recruiting

Weagle1492

I'M A FOLLOWER. LOL
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
We've all listened to the lockedon podcast at this point, however I have also listened to several of our in state commits in interviews. It appears as though what is happening in highschools across the state, specifically Thompson and Co, is that the narrative has shifted, if you're a top player from the state, you're going to Auburn. What has the narrative shift been though?

State pride. Alabama has a lot of it, players are setting out to prove it. Don't want to value the best players in the state? They will take on all your top national guys and whip their ass on Saturdays. I really believe that if you want to represent the state and you want to show the nation why Alabama as a talent pool should not only be respected, but feared, you will sign with Auburn. From a player perspective I am willing to be you the next 2-3 years of Iron Bowls will be the most heated, intense games from AU players that you will ever see. These kids have something to prove and I am here for it. Its not just a tigers vs elephants thing, its a respect thing. Hopefully AU will win that battle and become the premier school in the state to be recruited to for a very long time to come. These last two classes are building up to something really special for our school. I really believe that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.