ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer QBs

crococile22

CALL ME "CROCKY POO"
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2019
a lotta consternation goin around about PORTAL QBs so i wanted to look at which ones were successful this season so far and factors in their success---- mainly 1.) when did thay transfer and 2.) were they ranked high in those "portal rankings" . what goes into a "SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER PORTAL QB"

TOP 16 QBs from the portal accordin to RIVALS

wbwmi2y.png

BUSTS = #1, #4, #7, #8, #12, #15

DOESNT EVEN PLAY= #5, #6, #9, #10, #13

"SUCCESSFUL" = #2, #3, #11, #16

#2 commits to notre dame 1/5/2023

#3 commits to oregon state 12/22/2022

#11 commits to florida 12/21/2022

#16 commits to colorado 12/21/2022

all 4 successful transfers committed early and went through spring practice. auburn mightve had a shot at 2(?) of them between mertz and dj but hugh had been there less than a month and monty about a week before these commits happened. probably wouldve had to have a staff in place sooner

so goin off portal rankings- 75% of the top 16 aint good, wouldnt help our situation and 2/16 mightve helped us?

but rivals rankings arent always the best route so lets look at top 50 qbs in cfb accordin to pff and which ones are "TRANSFER" qbs. i sorted by "off" so their dual threat ability is accounted for in here

djlokxM.png

CyV4fMN.png

(actually went 52 to keep @Powerman26 's favorite guy keyone jenkins in there)

the interestin names here===

1.) DAVIS BRIN---- from tulsa

not sure why we didnt go for this guy. from PMONTYs old school. hes killin it this year (best game was against wisconsin.) he throws a lotta picks but hes got a good arm

2.) KAIDON SALTER--- from liberty

also not sure why hugh didnt bring him. he's killin it but aint played nobody so wouldve been a coinflip

these 2 wouldve been tough to bring in base on previous years stats but the coaches should know them. interested in why they werent options

the other guys in here (richardson, rogers, drones, mccloud and smith) wouldve been gambles and required a good evaluation from staff. also not sure if they would help this year causse they really aint played anybody. i think DRONES (from baylor, only chance was a roberts referral or somethin) or DONOVAN SMITH imo at positively affectin this seasons outcome so far

thats up to 6 GUYS from the portal that coulda helped us. 2 from the ranking lists (MERTZ + UKELELE) and 4 off the internet lizts (BRIN + DRONES + SMITH + SALTER(even though he didnt enter the portal)

accordin to the database there were 192 QB transfers this past portal

commit dates: brin 1/2/2023, drones 12/12/2022, smith 12/20/2022, salter still at liberty

my conclusion = the transfer portal is a crapshoot for QBs. you need some sort of staff connection to get the good ones and you have to jump on them early! only way it works is if staff was hired early/late november and got their evaluations 100% set before the portal opened

@Docdumpsta @grizzlyadams16 @ricedp105 @Ruxpin @stutsman23 @Bob Mapplethorpe @bprockman_100 @Russ47

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News