ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the OL

hunter48

BUNKER'S BEST POSTER
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2008
Up there, in them trees.
**Left tackle is the obvious sore spot from a recruiting and development standpoint. No matter who AU signs this cycle-sans a late minute JUCO coup-they won't help immediately. I think Leff is the best option there, and could be a more than adequate starter there, considering what a TYPICAL Malzahn offense ask of the LT. The OGs should be the strength of the entire offense with AK and Drago returning there. AG will be better at center with a year and an offseason under his belt. The S&C program really needs to help him with his initial movement. He lags a half second behind everyone on the snap of the ball, which is typical for and OT turned OC. RT should be an interesting battle between Horton and the big transfer from the longhorns. I'm big on Horton, have been since he was signed, he's got the attitude and explosiveness to be a road grader!
**Despite the pedo-lions deficiencies on the OL last season, anyone in the business will tell you Herb Hand is a homerun hire. Not to mention, he's someone who already exists within Gus's infamous circle of trust so there will be another voice for reason and analysis.
**I think AU will land one more, of not 2 solid OL prospects on signing day, and be in a really good position moving forward.

On a side note, the QB situation has me miffed! I was certain a graduate transfer would fall into the mix. A true QB comp in the spring-with talented and able personnel- is much needed to move the program forward in 2016.
Had WB been an early enrollee, he damn well may have one the job!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News