ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts of this X Post?

JimBowie

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2006
Texas

Lane Kiffin presents the Ole Miss alternative to Hugh Freeze criticizing players after loss​

Days after Hugh Freeze criticized his skill players for their play, Lane Kiffin pitches how life as an Ole Miss quarterback is very different.
If there's a coach in college football that seems to understand today's college kids more than anyone else, Lane Kiffin is at the top of that list.

From his "Transfer to the 'Sip" branded Ole Miss apparel, to his weekend "GRWM" TikTok, combined with his unique unfiltered approach on social media, Kiffin has fully embraced who he is, and has also always found ways to chip away at chinks in the opponents armor, both on and off the field.

That latter skill was on full display yesterday, as Kiffin met with reporters ahead of their SEC opener against Kentucky.

Asked about his unique relationship with standout quarterback Jaxson Dart, Kiffin started off talking about the type of character that Dart has and how great he is with his kids and nephew before pivoting to share more about his overall approach with quarterbacks in his tutelege.
"I think it pays off, when you have relationships and quarterbacks trust you too."

"You can go back to Matt Corral when he threw six interceptions, and before I even got to the media, I sit down with him and tell him that we've got to do a better job calling plays, and I have to coach better, and don't worry because we've got your back."

"I think that goes a long ways, and it goes a long ways with kids in recruiting. Knowing what they're going to get when they get here with relationships, and that they can trust us to have their back."

Those comments come on the heels of Hugh Freeze calling out players at the podium after a loss to Arkansas on Saturday, which then prompted a firestorm of criticism from one former Freeze quarterback at his former coach.

No way that little story from Kiffin was an accident. Lane knows what he's doing.

Reactions: stutsman23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.