ADVERTISEMENT

Thorne

AuburnPanic40

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2020
Dawsonville/Dunwoody, GA
will be Auburn’s starting QB against UMass and the rest of the season (barring injury). Hugh intentionally created an environment to make Thorne as uncomfortable as possible, stoke the fire of the competition, and construct a scenario that would give primarily Robby (also Holden to a lesser extent) a shot in the arm so both would continue to push Thorne and each other.

Hugh’s demeanor in public and his posting habits don’t always convey it but Hugh is extremely intelligent both in the context of IQ and when it comes to interpersonal intelligence. He’s able to read rooms, accurately identify what motivates people, and then use that knowledge to lead, motivate, persuade, and at times mislead/manipulate people (see OM tenure).

Hugh led with his answer to the QB question with “I thought we had it figured out but not anymore” because they do already have it figured out, but obviously Hugh either is taking preventative action against complacency or he saw something change in the QB room he didn’t like as it became obvious it PT was pulling away from the pack. It is also designed to keep both Holden and Robby engaged and pushing towards “opportunity” even if it is illusory at this point. He put Robby in situations today that were designed to be advantageous and provide a boost in confidence. The opposite is true for Thorne.

I’d bet my bottom dollar that is whats happening, or at least something close to it. Think most don’t even attempt to read into it any further because Hugh’s two direct predecessors were completely deficient in any and all social intelligence.

TLDR; Rev. Hew is playing 5D Chess while we’re all playing checkers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News