ADVERTISEMENT

This latest news only confirms

aubjapan01

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2014
Azubu Juban, Tokyo Japan
what many of us already understand and what #1 Source posted this morning. Like it or not we're in the most powerful football conference in American going up against a powerhouse to the west and surrounded by solid to very solid states schools east, north and south. Only fsu and Norte Dame have had more success and neither of them have to play in our conference and recruit against our immediate competition the way AU does. All in all what our coaches accomplish is pretty damn amazing.
With that said, the news of this latest de-commit makes me angry as hell, but mostly at myself for belonging to multiple recruiting sites and following recruiting as if my life and all the blessings I have depend on who AU signs. More often than not teams that rank in the 10 to 20 range nationally do very well every year on the field, and I believe starting with this season AU will return to winning on a more consistent basis.
There is no doubt in my mind that little nicky is behind this as he loves to shit all over us and LSU every chance he gets. While many folks consider him a great coach I'd like to see him build the same jaugernaut at a non state school. I realize he had moderate success at MSU, but no where near this consistent. It frustrates me to hear pundits say what a great coach he and urban are and yet neither have done anything at a school that was not the primary state school. As much as I like CSS he's become very average since leaving Florida - case in point.

Lastly, I find it odd that Williams didn't attend BCW so I'm sure that shoe will drop at some point with a well orchestrated announcement

I hate recruiting but I'm addicted to it, what can I say

Go Gus, Go Boom....... Development of players will be the key to our success

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News