ADVERTISEMENT

The UNLV QB Quit on the team and may be right in doing so...

MetallicAub

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Two things can be right at the same time...Matthew Sluka quit on his team and he was probably right to do so.
I have a three day rule on overreacting to stories in order for any additional information to get out so I am not going to get upset at either side yet.

We (CFB Fans) view the sport through our connection to the school. Whether you are an alum or someone who grew up pulling for Auburn...the connection is personal.
I chose to go to Auburn, I chose to graduate from Auburn, I paid to go to Auburn and I fell in love with Auburn the second I walked on campus.
Some players feel the same way...some loved the school their entire lives but today likely more choose Auburn because of money. This is true for every school now.

So with the UNLV QB...if he was promised and signed up for financial benefits to play at UNLV that is probably the only reason he chose UNLV. If UNLV breached that contract...of course he has to quit the team.

IF like Mike Gundy alluded to back in August, players are still trying to negotiate while the season is ongoing, and that time is over...this is 100% on the Kid and he is an awful teammate and nothing more than a Quitter.

I need that context in order to put the blame on one side or both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.