ADVERTISEMENT

The University is going back to masks

We were told for months that once the vaccine was here and widely available we would be able to return to normal. There wasn’t a caveat on there that said X% of the population had to take the vaccine or even the vaccinated would still need to remain masked.

Right now the spread of the Delta variant is crossing through vaxxed and unvaxxed but the population that is being hospitalized is the unvaxxed.

There is no reason to backtrack on the removal of the mask mandate when the only people being impacted by COVID at this point are people who are willingly choosing not to be vaccinated.

I have heard a total of 1 story (I am sure there are a handful more) of children under 12 who have had severe illness and/or death from COVID. Not to return to the “flu is worse” debate but hundreds of children die every year from the flu - and that is with widely available vaccines. Kids right now have gone 18 months through the COVID pandemic with a negligible number of negative instances.

So again, who are we protecting? The adults who are choosing not to be vaccinated? Nah, I’d rather live my life as normal since they have chosen to live their life as they wish.
With all due respect your reasoning is unsound. No one gave you any such guarantee and if they did you shouldn’t have been listening to them. The idea that we can so neatly segregate people by vax status is just not true. We are all connected in this every time you get close to any other person. Every single time there’s a risk to you, that person and everyone you subsequently come in contact with. It’s a massive and interconnected web. The risk is much much lower of catching or transmitting if you are vaxxed. Those same odds are lower if you wear a mask or very very low if you do both.

you have riced the **** out of this....totally moved the goalposts

this was never about me saying masks work amazingly. never. you just can't stay on track b/c you are flailing away trying to defend a complete ****ing moron's tweet. we did whatever we thought we could to stop people from dying...some of it was pointless indeed...but that in no way means we shouldn't have tried to do what we could and part of that was wearing masks...any kind of mask...which we now know does not work as well if you don't have a good one or dont wear properly. if you think it was a grand conspiracy to make people wear masks for no reason from day 1 then i have some beachfront property for you here in the GUMP.

you have been the same since day 1 of this. nobody can tell you anything. i can probably dig up 100s of asinine posts you have made about this virus that has killed 100s of thousands
Whatever brAU. I interpreted what that dude on TV said the same way Clay Travis did. You’re the one that started talking about fluidity and that other nonsense. I’m not going to fall for the science has changed bullshit. Because it hasn’t.

Whatever brAU. I interpreted what that dude on TV said the same way Clay Travis did. You’re the one that started talking about fluidity and that other nonsense. I’m not going to fall for the science has changed bullshit. Because it hasn’t.
Both of them said that the masks the public are wearing don't work but he just wants to argue.

Reactions: Jim in Scranton

ok mr "science doesn't change" caveman. i guess scientists can quit scientisting...since it will never change and nothing can be learned.

i interpreted what clay travis said...y'all got yalls butts hurt by it and started in on me...so don't get it twisted Jim.

fluidity involving a situation that no one has ever gone through is as real as it gets Jim. this isn't the land of make believe and fairy tales.

Both of them said that the masks the public are wearing don't work but he just wants to argue.

you don't even have the capacity to understand i was referencing clay travis' words over the CNN correspondent so literally nothing you say matters

ok mr "science doesn't change" caveman. i guess scientists can quit scientisting...since it will never change and nothing can be learned.

i interpreted what clay travis said...y'all got yalls butts hurt by it and started in on me...so don't get it twisted Jim.

fluidity involving a situation that no one has ever gone through is as real as it gets Jim. this isn't the land of make believe and fairy tales.
You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. You're right.

Reactions: tigers3014
Kudos to Osterholm for admitting what’s been obvious for a long time. I’m skeptical that N95 wearing can scale, but some Asian countries have had success with it. If mask wearing is actually going to become part of our strategy, and not just virtue signaling, then it needs to be universal N95s.

Guys the issue isn’t whether masks work or not, it’s why do we need them when (1) the vaccine is without a doubt effective and (2) it’s widely available. Who are we protecting?
We were told for months that once the vaccine was here and widely available we would be able to return to normal. There wasn’t a caveat on there that said X% of the population had to take the vaccine or even the vaccinated would still need to remain masked.

Right now the spread of the Delta variant is crossing through vaxxed and unvaxxed but the population that is being hospitalized is the unvaxxed.

There is no reason to backtrack on the removal of the mask mandate when the only people being impacted by COVID at this point are people who are willingly choosing not to be vaccinated.

I have heard a total of 1 story (I am sure there are a handful more) of children under 12 who have had severe illness and/or death from COVID. Not to return to the “flu is worse” debate but hundreds of children die every year from the flu - and that is with widely available vaccines. Kids right now have gone 18 months through the COVID pandemic with a negligible number of negative instances.

So again, who are we protecting? The adults who are choosing not to be vaccinated? Nah, I’d rather live my life as normal since they have chosen to live their life as they wish.
nailed it. Who is this protecting?? The crazed lefties fearful of catching it even if they’re vaccinated? The crazed rightties that don’t want the vaccine but still want the comfort of leaving their home? It makes no sense.

Reactions: WarEagleG

Of course I never said science can’t change. But don’t let that stop you from saying it.

I didn’t get butthurt at all. I just agreed with him. The fact that it rustled you so much is funny to me.

Of course I never said science can’t change. But don’t let that stop you from saying it.

I didn’t get butthurt at all. I just agreed with him. The fact that it rustled you so much is funny to me.

yes you did. and i quote "I’m not going to fall for the science has changed bullshit." i guess science can change...just not in regards to covid. insert your silly "that's gold jerry" gif here...

what russells me is when i explain something in a way a 3 year old could understand and i'm dealing with people who's heads are so far up their ass that they refuse to understand what a 3 year old could..so yeah it gets frustrating knowing that there is an impenetrable layer of stupidity happening. you can disagree all you want but i'm not gonna be nice when you are being willfully obtuse about something as serious as this

Reactions: Stumpfan
Its amazing to me the number of people that actually believe the lockdowns and masking mandates are genuine efforts to apply “science” towards “solving” the covid epidemic.

lol.

kerryon.

I'm sorry you don't have the critical thinking skills that would have allowed you to see from the very beginning that cloth masks were useless in containing the spread of a respiratory airborne virus. It was accepted by the scientific community before 2020, and Fauxci said it privately and publicly until the politics of the virus changed.

Now that there is enough evidence (and enough people that can see through the bullshit) to show that they don't work, the science has changed?

giphy.gif
Nope. Fauci said privately to a colleague they protect others, not the mask wearer. He said since nobody is wearing one then no reason for that person to. That’s in the email.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT