ADVERTISEMENT

The deal

aujake81

All-SEC
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Here’s the deal guys as best I can piece it together. Our proverbial “boogeymen” TPTB weren’t ever excited about Harsin. Didn’t want him, got blindsided a bit with the hire, and took a while to get on board. Then, we started out well and olive branches were extended. As we began to falter through the season the worry regarding Harsin as our Coach began to creep back up. We gave Bama absolute HELL and TPTB gave Harsin his new FOF and the NIL money needed to go get some talent.

Now comes the problem. Hars has to start “playing the game” and recruiting these big shot recruits and trying to use NIL to do so. Hars is old school. Like, I love my grandpa but that kind of “old school.” Grandpa couldn’t run our business his way anymore - things have changed (better or worse is another argument) and you adapt or die. Period. Harsin hated kissing 18 y/olds asses and especially doing so at the behest of wealthy donors who say “I’ll give you $3 million to go get Caleb Williams” etc…. He can’t kiss recruits asses and he is too damn stubborn to use TPTB and their money for his own good because he’s too tied up with being his own man and being the boss dawg. So we get to where we currently sit. A man who would have been a helluva leader from the “Mad Men” era now failing epically in 2022. And all because he’s gonna do it the way he likes it period and don’t give a shit what you think. I like the guy. I also think he’s probably the worst fit as a football coach in the SEC that we could have possibly selected in this new era.

(Oh yeah - and before you all keep piling on TPTB - nobody in the history of ever. Nobody. Ever. Not one person ever donates millions to an entity and then doesn’t want or expect some level of involvement in the direction of said entity. Nobody.)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News