ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL STORY: Greene's path to the top helped galvanize his personality

Jay G. Tate

IT'S A TRAP!
Staff
Jan 17, 2003
Montgomery, Ala.
Greene's career path — as told by Greene and his wife, Christy.

**STORY: Greene's path to the top helped galvanize his personality

ALSO OF NOTE:
  • Christy and Allen met at Notre Dame. She was fresh out of college and working in the admissions department. She contacted Allen to help host a prospective student who was considering Notre Dame. Christy and Allen then became friends. They began dating a few months later.
  • They have been together since 1998, but didn't get married until 2003. Why? "I said we weren’t going to get married until he was finished with baseball," she said.
  • I mentioned to her that Allen's story about driving by the ball field after his playing career was over seemed sad to me. She didn't see it that way. "Allen would go by and just see the guys and just be around and realized that he could be a part of these guys’ lives, he could mentor them and bring them along. And like he said today — when you’re playing, you don’t realize all the people who are making this enterprise move forward. It wasn’t a sad thing at all. There are some things … for a little while, he said he didn’t want to get up early and go to the gym. Some of that was a relief."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News